Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Forest Riddles here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 22, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/22/2016 at 8:49:21 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Forest Riddles here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 22, 16 8:49 AM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by dawn11197 on Aug 22, 16 11:48 AM
Purchased the game but can't play it. I am getting an Access Violation error. Error: Access violation at 0x7C910EF4 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFF8), program terminated. In full screen mode it totally locks up my computer and I have to do a hard boot. In windowed mode it will give me the error message and close the program.

I have deleted and reinstalled to no avail.

I have Windows XP Pro Service pack 3.

I have all updated drivers, Direct X, and Flash player.

Not going to contact tech support as that is a total waste of time with no solution as I have an older system.

Will chalk it up to 'what ever', lol. (Just reporting the problem if others experience it.)

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 22, 16 11:56 AM
Hey there dawn11197,

Sorry to hear you received an Access Violation error or a crash when trying to play this game. When something like this occurs, we generally recommend taking a look at our Help Pages as they are usually the quickest way to resolve a technical issue with one of our games. In this case, the following page might be able to help with that access violation since it sounds like you've tried the steps in my previous post for a crashing game:

Access Violation

I completely understand not seeking further technical assistance and respect that choice. For anyone who might be experiencing this, if the above doesn't seem to help, we certainly would like to attempt to help with this game if possible. So please make sure to get in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report if you need more assistance with this game or any of your purchased games. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide troubleshooting assistance beyond what the forums can provide, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgIlinalta

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Aug 23, 16 6:38 AM
Every time I finish a puzzle then start a new one, the game freezes and I have to CAD. When I re-start, it's on the new puzzle, but I have to start the puzzle again and the same thing happens all over again. Windows XP.

[Post New]by LostFishie on Aug 30, 16 8:15 PM
The game is quite relaxing for me. However, the tech problem I'm finding is that the music stops after 3-4 levels. It should repeat, but doesn't seem to.

Using game on Windows 7.

Any help or update would be appreciated. Thanks.

[Post New]by jellybiscuit on Sep 5, 16 11:35 AM
Same issue with music stopping. I've found that if I switch to my desktop, then back into the game (without closing the program) the music starts up again.

chi1d
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by chi1d on Nov 27, 16 11:53 AM
The music thing is not a bug, it's a feature

one of the little notes that you get when you finish a level says that you can start "the next track" of the music by clicking the music on an off in the settings.

but I also just had a problem with the game freezing. I'd gotten all the way to the bonus puzzles, and was in the middle of playing when everything just froze. I could see my cursor moving, but clicking didn't do anything. Control alt delete tossed me out of the game, and I got an error message

However, I really like the game.

Love the bonus puzzles. they aren't anything special, but it's wonderful to have the game acknowledge the extra work involved with getting all three stars on all levels.

[Post New]by forrestvale on Apr 23, 17 2:10 PM
dawn11197 wrote:Purchased the game but can't play it. I am getting an Access Violation error. Error: Access violation at 0x7C910EF4 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFF8), program terminated. In full screen mode it totally locks up my computer and I have to do a hard boot. In windowed mode it will give me the error message and close the program.

I have deleted and reinstalled to no avail.

I have Windows XP Pro Service pack 3.

I have all updated drivers, Direct X, and Flash player.

Not going to contact tech support as that is a total waste of time with no solution as I have an older system.

Will chalk it up to 'what ever', lol. (Just reporting the problem if others experience it.)

[Post New]by forrestvale on Apr 23, 17 2:12 PM
Hi I also am having the same access violation error and the game shuts down. I play in full screen mode, and so far it just shuts the game down.

I too am running XP SP3 and have all updated drivers.

may be something to do with the O/S that the game doesn't like. I notice that a lot of the games coming out now are developed for Windows 8 and up, so I guess we are all SOL if we don't upgrade.

Go to: