bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Your comments and reviews for Annie's Millions

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 10, 10 8:42 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Annie's Millions? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

Re:Your comments and reviews for Annie's Millions

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Mar 10, 10 12:31 PM
You have to admire her spunk!

I just played and finished this game, with ONE minute to spare. I was almost done, and told myself, I'm NOT buying it if the hour is over with only one chapter left. But its done. This being said, too short! I would have LOVED to see/hear more!

Annie is, along with 2 cousins given a million dollars to spend. Whomever amongst the 3 spends it the fastest AND wisest wins the uncle (who gave them the money) his entire fortune.

I must admit, I really really liked Anie's spunk and frame of mind! And I just _wanted so bad_ to see her (female) cousin lose, just because of her attitude (blush). Oh hum!

So, I run Vista, on a laptop.

No bugs or tech issues with this one for me.
Fast loading, no interminable credits or loading times.
Some items were a little blurry, or well, almost impossible to find, but the hint system, quite generous imho, was somewhat fun (and definitely different) to refill!

You get hint bonus if you find items within a short time of one another. You can also play one of 4 mini games to recharge the hints (one hint at a time).

I really liked the story line, and I thought it was too short! I hope they make the sequel MUCH longer, there is SO much more she could have done. I can't help but wonder if it was a little rushed (story wise) at the end! It got ME thinking too what can WE do to help our local communities, even if most are not millionaires

I also quite cracked up at the bath bead scene. BWAHAHAHA!

Ahem, so, I suggest, you want a fun, (but short) game, with quirky characters, and a pretty interesting story line, download it! I didn't have to buy it (which since I'm NOT a millionaire - actually I'm broke) totally made my day!

I truly hope the developers will make the next much longer.
Had no problems with the mouse, sound or full screen either, and the cut scenes were short, to the point, and well, rather engaging.

Thanks BF for a fun game! just what I needed this dreary morning!
Cynthia

Myriade99
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Myriade99 on Mar 10, 10 1:15 PM
I didn't really like it, didn't last 10 minutes. I found that in these difficult economic times, the subject was really irresponsible and inapropriate. it's my personnal opinion, so i won't buy it.

Edited on 03/10/2010 at 1:15:47 PM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 10, 10 1:19 PM
I beta-tested this and that was my comment too. Thought it appallingly inappropriate.

jacquibagley
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by jacquibagley on Mar 10, 10 10:16 PM
I finished this game in 50minutes of the demo...........

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Mar 11, 10 4:14 AM
I just thought it was boring. Played for the full hour, so it wasn't terrible, but it isn't something I'd buy.

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Mar 11, 10 4:19 PM
I was really enjoying this game so I went ahead and bought it when I had about 5 minutes left in the demo. I wasn't sorry. The game is enchanting and I really liked Annie from the get-go. She starts out bargain hunting and ends up giving a lot to her community. Then she gives up on the contest all together and starts a non-profit to benefit even more people instead. My kind of person.

This is a HOG but not really "junk pile" style. Most of the scenes are stores of one kind or another so what is there makes sense. Some things are very tiny, however, so those with poorer eyesight might not enjoy that aspect. The hint system is very generous and you can play side games to earn more hints... or quickly find two items in succession to get a 1/3 hint. These will build to make a full hint. Some scenes are more difficult than others as well.

I played this one slowly and it took me a little over 2 hours to finish. It is short and some of you might even finish within the hour demo. Not very smart of the developer's, I'd say, to make it so short that they may not make a sale and yet people might finish the game. But for slower players like myself, it is a fair bit of play for the money. I'm not sorry I spent my monthly credit on this one.

For those of you saying this is an "inappropriate topic" for "these hard economic times"... well as someone else said, this is a GAME. It is meant to be FUN... and fun should not have to be doom and gloom and hardship, which so many games are lately. Is it more "appropriate" to play a game about murder and mayhem? LOL We should be able to relax in at least some part of our lives, for goodness sake... especially if we are going through hard times!

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Mar 12, 10 1:04 AM
Woah. I wonder what the record is for shortest HOG ever.

I completely agree with everyone else. I finished this game with five minutes to spare on my trial.

I thought the concept was kind of cute but the execution left something to be desired. It was nice that all of the objects to find were items that belonged in each scene, and were placed well. The problem was that each of those items stood out too much. Their coloring was off and the scaling was too large. You could find at least half of the necessary objects without even glancing at the item list.

I liked the idea to have mini-games that awarded you with more hints but I found them rather dull. Each of the four games involved pricing of different items that seemed to be straight out of the HOGs but I noticed a couple of them had varying price tags. That was more annoying than frustrating as it seems you can chose multiple mini games while in each store/HOG.

I'm definitely not going to buy this one and I'm honestly not sure if I would even recommend it just for the trial. Maybe the sequel will be better.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Mar 12, 10 5:04 PM
I thought it was a light hearted and fun game. I liked her enthusiasm. I thought the objects were a little too hard to find at times, the shapes either weren't well defined or were too small.

I liked the ease of getting hints. Not sure whether I'd buy it, especially if it's too short a game.

[Post New]by momof2wldboyz83 on Mar 12, 10 8:18 PM
I too finished the game in about 50 minutes. WAY too short and you really didn't have to look at the list, as others have pointed out, just look for things that stick out. My son came into the room and he always tries to tell me where things are (8 yrs old= sharp eyes) and said "wow mom you're going so fast" lol. It would have been a cute straight HOG had the dev. put a little more effort into the graphics and actually let you play until you spent the million. No sale for me... not even if it was offered at $2.99

[Post New]by rach_h1982 on Mar 14, 10 1:31 PM
I agree - way too short. I didn't expect it to be over so quickly, bought the game after playing the 60 min demo and then realised after an extra 5 minutes I had completed it! Very disappointed - she should get to spend the whole amount!! Good game but waste of money - just do the demo. As you would expect she wins in the end anyway and then that is it, a special winners level at the end would be great. Don't really play HOG much and think that time management arre much better value for money.

Will teach me to check the forums before I buy a game in future.

Liked the theme's to each shop but as has already been mentioned, I never looked at the list, just for the objects that seemed to stick out. Also I think you should be penalised after a while for clicking on wrong objects.

Would only buy the sequel if much much longer ( at least 3 hours of play )!!

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Mar 14, 10 7:18 PM
I played the demo for about 45 min. but was finding that the game hadn't really captured my interest. I liked the idea that Annie had to spend the money, but was disappointed that the player (me) couldn't make any choices as to where she could shop or what she might buy. I found that I had to turn the music down as it became annoying in a short time. Some of the hidden objects were hard to me to see ( probably need new glasses), so I was happy that extra hints could be earned by playing some mini-games. I was also pleased that the hidden objects fit into the stores that Annie had visited. I am pretty sure I won't be buying this game but am glad that Big Fish gives us the opportunity to try games out first. Thanks, Big Fish!

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Mar 15, 10 8:34 PM
cute short (had like 2 more sets to complete when demo finished) saved me $7

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Mar 22, 10 2:19 AM
bunnydog wrote:I played the demo for about 45 min. but was finding that the game hadn't really captured my interest. I liked the idea that Annie had to spend the money, but was disappointed that the player (me) couldn't make any choices as to where she could shop or what she might buy. I found that I had to turn the music down as it became annoying in a short time. Some of the hidden objects were hard to me to see ( probably need new glasses), so I was happy that extra hints could be earned by playing some mini-games. I was also pleased that the hidden objects fit into the stores that Annie had visited. I am pretty sure I won't be buying this game but am glad that Big Fish gives us the opportunity to try games out first. Thanks, Big Fish!

I totally agree with you on this review.

juliesherris
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by juliesherris on Mar 25, 10 7:55 AM
Stupidly, I'd thought that the storyline may have come to an end, but we might have had a chance of spending the rest of the money after playing the main game... so I bought it & finished it 10 minutes later... Grrr!!

I broke my golden rule of not checking the forum first - next time I won't be so impatient!

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Mar 26, 10 11:04 AM
Thank you all for the comments. Glad to find out about the length. I'll play the demo but sounds like this will be a no sale for me too.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 1, 10 1:35 PM
Played this for all of 10 minutes. The reason I uninstalled and didn't go further was that just from looking at the screens, without even examining the lists, you could tell what the hidden objects were. Why? Because they all looked out of place in the scene. As if it was clip art pasted onto an existing photograph.

The premise of this game is fun but the hidden object scenes look like the developer took a serious shortcut.

Ruvie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Ruvie on Jun 1, 11 9:12 AM
I found this game a bit stupid..it was obvious who was going to win in the beginning, all of the other people she was up against were made to be very un-responsible and highly materialistic. It was very obvious who would lose. Lets try to give Annie an actual opponent next time.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 8, 11 5:59 AM
Hidden object game, where you are given pictures of the items (instead of the words) to look for. Most of these items are out in the open; easily be spotted. While others are cleverly hidden (whether behind items or blended.)

Between each of the hidden object scene, there are comic scenes; instead of cut scenes.

I have found this game somewhat enjoyable to play; despite most of the objects are a bit hard to find in some scenes. However, I will not purchase the full game to continue playing. For those who had purchased this game – Happy Gaming!

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Jan 11, 12 3:54 PM
This was a terrible HOG. I found I could find the items much quicker if I just looked on the screen for any irregularities instead of actually searching for the item, cause it was rarely recognizable.

Go to: