Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Cathy's Crafts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 23, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/23/2016 at 9:07:54 AM PST

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Cathy's Crafts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Aug 23, 16 12:53 AM
This one is SO Bad! I tried it for about two minutes and then tried for another two minutes to get out of it! Finally I succeeded and deleted it!

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Aug 23, 16 3:33 AM
I demoed this one on the developer's site and it had issues such as levels you could not win with any strategy. I don't know if they were ever fixed after all the complaints.Frustrating game play all around. Can not imagine what makes it worthy of a Collector's Edition price. I'll wait for the new Delicious – Emily's Message in a Bottle.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Aug 23, 16 3:55 AM
I too bought this from the developers site and found it really unplayable. Levels are impossible even after consulting a walkthrough, one of the levels I can't get past no matter what I try meaning that I can not finish the game.

A real shame as I was looking forward to something a little different from the usual Emily games, but was left feeling very frustrated and disappointed.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Aug 23, 16 4:09 AM
I too played this on another site. I also had trouble with the levels but after reading some forums, I managed to beat them by changing the difficulty level. Instead of easy, try putting the game on hard. Even though that sounds backwards, for some reason it works. Other levels were easier on normal but mostly hard mode made it easier. Sounds bizarre but worked for me. Sadly though it became too bothersome trying to figure out which mode made it playable so I stopped playing. Here's hoping they fix the glitch!

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Aug 23, 16 4:20 AM
This game is a disaster. Had to get out and back in 3 times to make any sense of it and it still was confusing. Deleted

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Aug 23, 16 4:23 AM
I really wanted to like this one , but I'm with other people . Hate having to choose different couples to decide your score . Played the second level and only go 1 star . That would never happen normally .

[Post New]by MortimerSnerd on Aug 23, 16 6:56 AM
Unfortunately this clunker was NOT made by the Emily developers, and it shows. Unlike Delicious, the graphics here are tiny and the dialogue too long. The full screen only works correctly on certain resolutions. The gameplay is poorly balanced from the customer forecast, to having six customers wait in line just to get one star. Last June, the release date was postponed a week, and then the following week went through a series of three patches which still fail to address many glaring problems. I thought after several months, BugZap would create another update to make this game somewhat playable. A really big thumbs down!

Edited on 08/23/2016 at 7:17:13 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 23, 16 9:07 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Cathy's Crafts Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Cathy's Crafts Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Aug 23, 16 2:36 PM
roxycavalier wrote:This one is SO Bad! I tried it for about two minutes and then tried for another two minutes to get out of it! Finally I succeeded and deleted it!

I wholeheartedly agree. I had to turn off the computer in order to get out of this "game"
couldn't delete it quickly enough!!

innej
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by innej on Aug 23, 16 7:28 PM
Wow! What a fun surprise for a Tuesday.
I don't usually put in game reviews but while this is a different developer from the usual Emily/Delicious games, it plays pretty much exactly the same!

The main difference is that you have to pick your items for sale based on the likes/dislikes of the type of customer expected for the day.

I'm pretty sure that one of the Emily games also had this as its gimmick - and while it was probably my least favorite of that series, that isn't saying much because they are my absolute favorite games to play (and replay)!!

I haven't purchased it yet as I'll wait for a good CE sale but it will be a definite buy for me - I can't comment on whether it's CE worthy or not (I'm guessing there's an extra set of levels) but honestly, the controls, the map set up, the mouse, the extra challenges in many levels - it's like Emily in disguise with crafts instead of food!

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Aug 23, 16 10:14 PM
I haven't quite decided about this one. I don't like the Emily games - too frantic for me. I prefer the building/gathering ones most of the time. But this one is a little different, and the choice of difficulty levels might make it workable. I can't really see any indication of why it would be a CE, though. I think I'll wait a bit and see what the SE looks like when it comes out. (OK, so I like crafts and cats, which is probably the reason this one is a maybe for me.)

[Post New]by cleopatra23 on Aug 24, 16 3:36 PM
I too am disappointed with this game. I have had to replay Level 1-4 6 times and still can't get 1 star!! Dialog is definitly too long and I don't like choosing stuff for charactors. Thought I would buy this when I downloaded the demo but nope, not going to do it.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Aug 24, 16 8:13 PM
The game is okay. I dont think two minutes is enough time to decide that a game is terrible!! I dont think you can even DO anything in 2 minutes. I have not decided to buy or not. I've found it pretty slow - as in, I wish I could give my character a speed increase so she wouldnt move so slowly.

I'm seeing quite a few elements from the Delicious games, so I dont understand how its NOT made by the same people, but there are some posts here saying that its not.
The story is cute, its all pretty standard. But I do feel very rushed. I failed a level 3 times earlier today.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Aug 25, 16 4:06 AM
This game, at best, is just okay.
The graphics are good, but the rest of the game is rather irritating.
The sound effects are awful at times, the shuffling of the players when they're crafting at the tables is an irritating noise. The cat meowing sound effect annoyed my cat! LOL

Also, the game gets hard very quickly. I had to play a couple of levels more than once to qualify, and that was near the beginning! This can only indicate that the game will get VERY irritating and even harder as it goes on.

If you wanted two of something, you also had to wait a second to click on it again, which was frustrating. Also, to clean the tables, if you didn't click absolutely correctly, the man didn't go and clean it. Sometimes, the people at the table ordered something, and the mouse was there, but you couldn't click on the mouse, as the people were in the way! Very poor planning. This was one massive click-fest.

HOW this is a CE, I do NOT know! BF, you give us very few TM games (even fewer decent ones), and when you do, they are often "collectors editions", first, so you have no real choice, except to spend twice as much or use two tokens. I don't want to pay twice as much (or use two tokens) for a game that doesn't seem to offer much. I think it's rather cheeky of you!
(I guess this last paragraph will get me dragged aside like a naughty school girl for some violation).

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Aug 27, 16 4:37 AM
Nagster wrote:I demoed this one on the developer's site and it had issues such as levels you could not win with any strategy. I don't know if they were ever fixed after all the complaints.Frustrating game play all around. Can not imagine what makes it worthy of a Collector's Edition price. I'll wait for the new Delicious – Emily's Message in a Bottle.

Yes, I was disappointed too. I trialled this on another site, this is clunky and does not play smoothly. I'm waiting for the new Delicious - Emily's Message in a Bottle too!

nmgirl98
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by nmgirl98 on Aug 28, 16 7:32 PM
I really liked this one.

But I'm still trying to figure out what's "Collector Edition" about it? I didn't find any extras. Like I said, I enjoy it but it certainly wasn't worth the collector price

[Post New]by silverdove50 on Aug 31, 16 5:27 AM
This game is a complete waste of money and time. I loved the idea of an 'Emily' type game, but this is ludicrous!!!
First of all, trying to find the way to exit the game is unbelievable. It takes about 5 steps to get out. Completely unacceptable!
Secondly, I got to level 1-4 before hitting a level that I could not get 3 stars on. Now that is completely crazy for me.
I HATE it when I waste money on something like this! BF this game does NOT warrant the Collectors Edition title and price!!!! I'm disappointed in you.

So, if you're trying to decide whether or not to buy this game, I would NOT recommend it.

Vkann
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Vkann on Sep 29, 16 7:32 PM
Loved the tirial and the game, but I find the issue of timinig is a big problem. I tried the easiest one and I still could not do it. I need no time limit games and I and so disappointed because I loved this game.

Could it maybe have this added in to the modes people can choose from. Then I could relax and enjoy this lovely game.

Need more relax untimed games, that are fun and not at all scary. That is why I have been looking at this types of games.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN

limawe69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by limawe69 on Oct 8, 16 6:06 PM
I have never posted about a game. Love the Emily/Delicious games,so I thought I would try Cathy's Crafts. I LOVE this game !!!

It makes you think and I had less trouble passing the levels than I do in some levels in Emily/Delicious games. I have them all.

Thanks to BOOMZAP, I think this is a great game and one that I will play again.

Go to: