samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Finished game with items still in inventory!!!!!

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 10, 10 4:23 PM
How come I've been able to finish the game with items still in my inventory? I can't remember if there were more than 2 but there were definitely the magnifying glass (not sure if it's the right word) and a key. Oh, yes there was also a wrench.

If I have to follow the walkthrough scrupulously in order to play the entire game, well it doesn't make sense. I should not have been able to finish. Something is missing here or I don't understand how the game was put together.

Just wondering.

Freter
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

Re:Finished game with items still in inventory!!!!!

[Post New]by Freter on Mar 11, 10 6:55 AM
Did you visit the Opera troupe rooms? They are not necessary for game completion, but they do offer some story and additional levels and game play. You can get there by going through the window of the white house in the Town Square(area with fountain).

You used the ladder to get the sun key piece. Click on the window to get in.

Hope this helps!

Sage103082
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,562 Posts

[Post New]by Sage103082 on Mar 11, 10 9:37 AM
I ended the game with the magnifying glass as well. You use it to the translate and I think it just stays with you.

Kyttynjirr
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Kyttynjirr on Mar 12, 10 10:50 AM
It's actually a monocle, and yes, it does just stay with you.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Mar 12, 10 7:49 PM
I also just finished the game and was left with the monocle ,also I never found out what the letter meant ,I didn't see any translation ,I will be honest i skipped most of the mini games since I played half of the game about 3 times ,that is before I was able to save it .,but although some of the items are well hidden I really enjoyed this game ,I will welcome another one like this

Go to: