bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 11, 10 1:03 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 03/11/2010 at 1:04:19 AM PST

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Mar 11, 10 1:24 AM
I have no trouble downloading any other game...I just tried 'Potion Bar' as a trial and it downloads fine, as per usual. I haven't had any trouble with Collectors Editions before or any other games. I've been to the Help Pages but everything checks out....does anyone have any other advice? It's not an installation problem, it's a download problem.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 11, 10 1:25 AM
like dolphin dice this game also says error dl, seems it does not matter if xp, vista, 7. also virus programs are all different too so thats not it either. i dont know when dolphin dl as i shut down game manager and a few days later i saw dolphin on my desktop

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Mar 11, 10 1:26 AM
Have also problems downloading this game, won t start downloading and i get the message error downloading. Have windows XP, this never happened to me and i have about 50 games i bought at BF.

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Mar 11, 10 1:27 AM
Thanks Bella, Guess I'll just have to try again in a few days.

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Mar 11, 10 1:37 AM
I too am getting the "error downloading" message when trying to DL this game.

The BFG editor says to check the following:

1) Am I connected to the internet? (yes)
2) Are firewalls & antivirus progs disabled? (yes)
3) If using Firefox, do I have SSL & TSL enabled? (yes)

I still cannot get the game to DL.

Too bad ...it looks good!

ps - I am running XP with SP3, DX 9.0c, and C++. Not sure what the issue is but it's definitely not our computers!

Edited on 03/11/2010 at 1:38:22 AM PST

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Mar 11, 10 2:21 AM
ps - I am running XP with SP3, DX 9.0c, and C++. Not sure what the issue is but it's definitely not our computers!

Same specfications as my computer and the game has downloaded well and am playing the demo now. Hope your problem gets sorted for you.

mrsj
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by mrsj on Mar 11, 10 2:26 AM
won't download for me either, never had a download problem before

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Mar 11, 10 2:52 AM
Vista,,,,downloading error

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Mar 11, 10 2:56 AM
It won't download for me either and I have done everything I have been told to try I had problems over the weekend and no one got back to me until today Here is the reply I got :I think the problem might have to do with your Firewall stopping the activation. To fix this issue, what we will need to do is add the game manager (and related applications) to your Firewall and Anti-Virus software's safe list (usually referred to as "white listing") to resolve these problems. The game manager is located in your Program Files:

C:\Program Files\bfgclient

The 3 applications that need to be "white listed":

* bfgclient.exe
* bfgprocess.exe
* bfggameservices.exe

My Installation Failed

Problem Downloading & Activating Games

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Mar 11, 10 3:10 AM
Can't download either. Keep getting download error from the start.
This looks like a great game. Was hoping to get to try.
I'm running IE, Vista.

Did the game manager updates, installing with alternet method. No luck.
Tried downloading it with my anti-virus off but no luck.
Now tring to figure out how to do the firewall thing on the help page. Can't figure out how to "white list".

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 11, 10 3:22 AM
That;s too bad, I have WIN7 and the DL did fine. I just finished the Demo. I wonder if you may have tried to DL too soon after it appeared? I have had a DL problem with a couple of games but when I tried again later they worked. Hope it's as simple as that.

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Mar 11, 10 3:32 AM
Thanks Woofie...appreciate you letting us know just in case, but I have tried all your suggestions and nothing.....never happened before. Hopefully the others have been able to get it working.

I can download any other game from BF now, except this one. Hopefully BF will release it to another game site at some point and I will be able to DL it there. It sounds terrific - sorry to have missed out. Have to give up now - past my bedtime in Australia!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 11, 10 3:32 AM
I just tried to download other games, including "Treasure Seekers" - no problem at all. Quite weird, it's the first download problem I have, after almost 70 games downloaded from BF.

Please BF, hurry to fix it! May be it will be good to compare the download parameters of this game with some other CE game's parameters. May be too, that the trial file is bugged.

Sarwyn
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Sarwyn on Mar 11, 10 3:43 AM
Same problem here, keep getting dl error. Got win7, I am connected to the internet, AV disabled and so on. Worked for every other game I've ever downloaded from BFG.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Mar 11, 10 3:47 AM
Windows 7. Error downloading. New computer. Everything up to date...???
I really wanted this game. HELP!

[Post New]by bluerosebat on Mar 11, 10 4:09 AM
While I am sad to be unable to download this game, it is a relief to know others are having the same issues and it isn't just me! Also the first time this has happened on BFG. Hopefully a solution will present itself soon

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Mar 11, 10 4:13 AM
Keziah000 wrote:Thanks Woofie...appreciate you letting us know just in case, but I have tried all your suggestions and nothing.....never happened before. Hopefully the others have been able to get it working.

I can download any other game from BF now, except this one. Hopefully BF will release it to another game site at some point and I will be able to DL it there. It sounds terrific - sorry to have missed out. Have to give up now - past my bedtime in Australia!

You're welcome. I tried those steps and it still won't download. I reset my modem rebooted my computer and all that stuff and still nothing!! I was able to download Poison.

Edited on 03/11/2010 at 4:13:42 AM PST

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Mar 11, 10 4:14 AM
Bluerosebat It happened this past weekend too.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 11, 10 4:19 AM
I wonder if we have utterly overwhelmed the server; since this is a fairly large download (takes a little more time) and so many of us are trying to get it at the same time. I have never had a problem downloading anything else from BFG and nothing has changed in my computer, but I keep getting "Error downloading" when I try to get this game. I'm sure tech support will have an answer for us very soon (BFG is the best for tech support.); we just have to be a bit patient. (That is not easy, because this looks like a fantastic game!)

Go to: