lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

just finished

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Mar 11, 10 9:47 AM
I just finished it and i loved it. I had no problems with downloading or anything, one of the very few times this has happened. But i loved the story and gameplay. Some of these games i wish were longer. But it took me three hours, with breaks, but i loved it. Good job BF!!!!!

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Re:just finished

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 11, 10 9:51 AM
3 hours, with breaks??? Sounds pretty short to me.

kckvic
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by kckvic on Mar 11, 10 3:03 PM
wow, it took me almost 6 hrs. with a few short breaks, just took my time and enjoyed all the scenes, great artwork and music, i thought it was a pretty long game and well worth the money, looking forward to the next installment.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Mar 11, 10 3:53 PM
3 hours with breaks is way, way too short. I don't want to pay that price if that's all there is to it. I am cool with the Collector's Editions now that we get the extra punches but it should last longer than that. Oh well, off to pay the demo.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Mar 11, 10 4:15 PM
I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on just 1 person who finished the game. Everybody plays at their own pace. Who knows, that person may have used hints, skipped the cutscenes and dialogue, skipped minigames, clicked on everything randomly, playing at top speed, etc. What about gamers who prefer to play leisurely? It all depends what kind of gamer you are.

There are 12 levels, plus a bonus adventure, and then there are morphing objects to look for, and then there's a Hard Mode for extra challenge. I'd say there's a lot to do in this game. I'd estimate an average of 5 to 6 hours if you do everything.

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Mar 12, 10 1:15 AM
I played at a medium pace. no excitement,boring.Not worth 20 bucks.I would have liked to have tangled with the witch more.There was no challenges.Sorry just not my cup of tea.But happy gaming every one.

Sierrra
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Sierrra on Mar 12, 10 1:27 AM
dvdiva wrote:There are 12 levels, plus a bonus adventure, and then there are morphing objects to look for, and then there's a Hard Mode for extra challenge. I'd say there's a lot to do in this game. I'd estimate an average of 5 to 6 hours if you do everything.

How much extra game play - extra levels - were there in the bonus adventure? Ta

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Mar 12, 10 1:41 AM
Hi dvdiva, I agree with you. I`m on chapter 9 and thoroughly enjoying the game. So far it`s taken me 4 hours and not used the strategy guide yet. I always take my time with a game.

Well worth the money.

Edited on 03/12/2010 at 1:42:25 AM PST

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Mar 12, 10 4:36 AM
It took me all day and I still have to do bonus section. I think it's a great game and one of the longest, as well as being fun.

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Mar 12, 10 6:40 AM
I also take my time when playing any game. My husband and I love to play many games together and we especially enjoy the more interactive ones. Hmmm, I just may buy this one...never bought a CE before. Love BF game sight.

glascot
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by glascot on Mar 12, 10 2:26 PM
If you took out all the back and forth it would not be a very long game. I think this is a way to make games seem longer than they really are. It was a decent game but preferred Sweeney Todd and Treasure Seekers 3.

baffledtoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by baffledtoo on Mar 12, 10 2:53 PM
I enjoyed the game, took me about 6 hours inc breaks. Didn't use the strategy guide.

My only complaint is that imo quite a few ihogs start off with a higher percentage of puzzles to hos than they end up with, and the chapters get shorter, and shorter. I love puzzles, and suffer the hos to get to the puzzles.

Sometimes it feels as if the developers reel me in as a puzzler, and then just return to basic business with hos.

That said, I've bought worse, and it was fairly enjoyable. Extra content for CE was a repetitive puzzle and yet more hos.

Wouldn't rate it anywhere near the big ihogs, eg RTR.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 12, 10 3:14 PM
It took me about 3 hours without breaks, and very limited use of the strategy guide - I really only used it to make sure I didn't miss any of the morphing objects, but they were all pretty obvious and you can go back easily to get them, not like Madame Fate where you'd have to wait for the scene to come back up in the story to access missed morphs. I'm glad I bought it as a collector's edition since it now counts as 3 punches, but it was a bit shorter than I expected. Great game play, good storyline, nice graphics, not so difficult that I got frustrated or had to rely on the strategy guide.

I also played the hard mode, and since I had just played the game it only took about 2 more hours in hard mode. The only differences in hard mode are no hints (at all - that got frustrating while looking for the last little piece a couple of times) and the marble puzzles were a bit harder. No differences other than that, and the morphing objects were the same.

The bonus game at the end took me close to an hour with a few phone-call breaks, but it made it worthwhile to get the CE. The other bonus material is useless to me - several extra move-the-marble games were the only bonus games, the rest are wallpapers and music that I'll never use.

Hey, does anybody know if we can do anything with that frag statue in the secret room?

Aksel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Chapter 12- The Well

[Post New]by Aksel on Mar 14, 10 3:04 AM
Please help me !
Where to find the STURDY ROPE ?
I can't continue ,to pick up the broom.
Thanks in advance xxx

Edited on 03/14/2010 at 3:50:51 AM PST

Go to: