sophies_mom
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

Expected more from this update

[Post New]by sophies_mom on Aug 24, 16 11:59 AM
I thought that this update would add whatever collection goes with the shackles and stocks you get from the Watch Tower, but it didn't.

I thought it would fix the problem with the gift counters not updating, but it didn't.

I thought it might add the site that says "Available in future updates", but it didn't.

What did it do? It added a way to take more rubies in an attempt to make us spend more real money on this game. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I have never and will never spend actual money on this game. If it's "free to play" then it should be just that. And it was hard enough before to get some of the activators (wands, scepters etc.) to drop. I imagine it will be even harder now with them "hiding" in the chests. Who wants to pay 14 rubies (if you get both chests) every time they defeat an enemy?

It also took away the "Amicability" achievement (the one tied to the number of friends you have) thus taking away another opportunity to gain rubies.

What does everyone else think about the update?

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

Re:Expected more from this update

[Post New]by Turalyon on Aug 24, 16 1:12 PM
Well, the added reward system is interesting.

For me, it helped me this time. Before the update, I had a quest that demanded a false mirror. I banished about 40 mirror gremlins without ever dropping a mirror.

With the added rewards, I simply paid 5 rubies and I found the mirror in the silver chest. Finally got to finish that quest.

fylgia
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by fylgia on Aug 24, 16 1:18 PM
I agree!
And it was said that there should be new charachters and a new HOS, but I can't find neither of that. Or am I just blind?

Was thinking now that maybe they took away the reward för having many friends because of the connection issue that has occured if you have more than 100 friends... That has happened to me, every time I get gifts I get a message that the server is not connected. However I get the gift but it's disturbing to see that message all the time. I hope they will find a way to fix that problem, because I don't want to erase any of my friends.

I've also noticed that the ship doesn't take 30 minutes to get back even if it says so. I've sent away plenty of unloaded ships now because I wanted a better reward, and just in a couple of minutes it's back again. Well, that doesn't bother me at all, it will only get faster to find a reward I really want....

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by difi1 on Aug 24, 16 1:56 PM
I keep getting the 100 friends message too. It had never effected my game before??

Any portals open for our friends with closed portals?

amybeth714
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by amybeth714 on Aug 24, 16 1:58 PM
I vaguely remember the thing with the ship happened in the past. I think it may be a glitch that they will fix again. Si send the ship now while you have the chance!

fylgia
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by fylgia on Aug 24, 16 2:00 PM
difi1 wrote:I keep getting the 100 friends message too. It had never effected my game before??

Any portals open for our friends with closed portals?

No portals open for me. Feels like they've been closed for an eternity...

sophies_mom
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by sophies_mom on Aug 24, 16 2:05 PM
amybeth714 wrote:I vaguely remember the thing with the ship happened in the past. I think it may be a glitch that they will fix again. Si send the ship now while you have the chance!

They've already fixed it. I was getting ships every few minutes, then my game crashed and now it's back to the 30 minutes.

Deborah48
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Deborah48 on Aug 24, 16 5:45 PM
Hey guys if I uninstall and reinstall the game will I lose all my stuff? Was going to try to see if this fixes anything...

bunbury5
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by bunbury5 on Aug 24, 16 5:59 PM
don't ya love how as soon as the update comes in there's someone complaining about it? that there seems to be a rush to be first to do so? updates change things. we should all know that by now. I always thought we were here to play and enjoy the game not pick out every little detail that was missed/we don't like. guess I was wrong. oh well. some day we will find ourselves in the same situation as Awakening Kingdoms. abandoned to our own devices. then everyone should be happy.
(I KNOW i'm going to catch flak for this but oh well.) IMHO

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by difi1 on Aug 24, 16 8:46 PM
Has anyone gotten the new treasure chest bonus? That was a surprising new feature. The Watch Tower can now be cursed.

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Aug 25, 16 2:59 AM
Hi

So Far I like the new update The Shelter now offers new rewards that is great
I can now get the gems that you get from the mermaid when you exchange the shells at Shelter yay.

Got quite a few more charges from opening chests when you battle the monsters.

I'll put it like this, if there's a charge that your needing and think it's worth the gems spent on opening chests to hopefully get them to drop v's buying them from the shop, some charges cost a lot and if also make the game more fun in trying

Good Luck to all that are trying the chests.

[Post New]by bonekicker on Aug 25, 16 6:29 AM
I am a bit confused. Where are the 49 new quests, the new hidden object scene and the new character promised in the announcemnt? I don't have any of these things after updating. And the issue with having too many friends is not solved.
What has changed with this update, besides the stupid chest you have to pay for when batteling enemies?

sophies_mom
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by sophies_mom on Aug 25, 16 11:00 AM
bonekicker wrote:I am a bit confused. Where are the 49 new quests, the new hidden object scene and the new character promised in the announcemnt? I don't have any of these things after updating. And the issue with having too many friends is not solved.
What has changed with this update, besides the stupid chest you have to pay for when batteling enemies?

You're looking at the announcement at the top of the thread for updates. The one for this update is at the bottom of the thread. It only mentions the chest upgrade.

fylgia
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by fylgia on Aug 25, 16 2:09 PM
sophies_mom wrote:
bonekicker wrote:I am a bit confused. Where are the 49 new quests, the new hidden object scene and the new character promised in the announcemnt? I don't have any of these things after updating. And the issue with having too many friends is not solved.

You're looking at the announcement at the top of the thread for updates. The one for this update is at the bottom of the thread. It only mentions the chest upgrade.

Aaah, thanks! Of course! I was also wondering about that, but now I found the right post and things make sense.

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Aug 25, 16 6:52 PM
difi1 wrote:Has anyone gotten the new treasure chest bonus? That was a surprising new feature. The Watch Tower can now be cursed.

Hi difi, yes, picked out the silver chest like Turalyon. I had 2 quests, 1 wanting a gremlin tuft & another a smoke bottle. Killed a gremlin for little reward but opened the silver chest for 5 rubies & got both the tuft & the bottle - well worth it. Had the 100 friends connected message for the 1st time & the game slowed appreciably yesterday. Also had a funny with the ship, it disappeared long before the hour was up & the 30 minute return timer was sitting there not counting down. I will have to check today to see if the problem persists.
At least we know the devs. are working on the game so we'll have to be patient waiting for further upgrades.

piemomnj
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by piemomnj on Aug 26, 16 5:07 AM
So then a question.....now that there are the treasure chests for rubies, does that mean there is no longer the chance the "hard to find" objects will never drop for free?

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Aug 26, 16 8:35 AM
piemomnj wrote:So then a question.....now that there are the treasure chests for rubies, does that mean there is no longer the chance the "hard to find" objects will never drop for free?

No, what one would call rare objects, like activators, still drop normally so you don't have to open the chest(s). But I love this feature especially with gremlins because I had banished about 40 mirror gremlins without getting the false birror and 20 of those yellow perfumes, I bought with 9 rubies each (luckily I still have 683 rubies). Now, I banish one gremlin and I have to pay a total of 21 rubies for all he can drop if I have to buy the perfume too. A lot better than having to pay 180 rubies without getting success.

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Aug 27, 16 7:01 PM
I shall start keeping an inventory of the silver & gold chests to see if the items stick to one particular chest. That way if a specific item is needed only one chest to open rather than chancing both.

Mazz_BigM
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Mazz_BigM on Aug 28, 16 12:20 AM
Hi, I wanted to see what you get from the chests so went a bit silly and have depleted all my rubies. Will need to keep a lid on it. Ha Ha

Teel59
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Teel59 on Aug 29, 16 3:38 AM
Hi all,
I think with the chests, just make sure it's worth it...

For instance if I need a wand from Walking Bones, why would I spend up to 14 rubies on the chance of getting from a chest, when I could buy in the shop for 8...?

Go to: