Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: Crimson Hollow Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 25, 16 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/25/2016 at 8:04:37 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: Crimson Hollow Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Circe47 on Aug 25, 16 7:22 AM
The cursor sort of floats around and won't go where I want it to in the game. This only happens in the game. On other websites the mouse works fine.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: Crimson Hollow Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Aug 25, 16 7:22 AM
Demo played perfectly on Mac, but not so on Windows 10. Cursor all over the place and crashed repeatedly.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Aug 25, 16 8:04 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Aug 25, 16 8:21 AM
I too am having problems with the cursor floating from place to place. Makes the game really hard to enjoy. Currently running up to date Windows 10 64-bit OS. Haven't had problems with other games lately. Think I'll give them a chance to fix this before I throw it in the little trash can and consider myself out the $13.99.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Aug 25, 16 9:38 AM
Also issues with the cursor. Can't even get into options to deselect custom cursor to see if that fixes the problem because I can't navigate at all. Have uninstalled/reinstalled to see if that fixed it, but nope. Just got the massive Windows 10 update installed this morning. Other games working just fine.

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Aug 25, 16 10:02 AM
For the cursor issues, try removing the check mark on "Special Effects" under Options.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Aug 25, 16 10:04 AM
Correction: I got a sneak peek game today (Spirits of Mystery) that ALSO has cursor problems. I think the Win 10 upgrade caused something to wonky with game controls. Everything worked fine yesterday, and with older games, but not today with games downloaded since the upgrade.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 25, 16 11:29 AM
Hello Everybody,

Thanks for taking the time to report any technical issues you are experiencing with this particular game. It sounds like there's some cursor trouble while playing this game in Windows 10. It might help to take a look at this particular page from our Help Pages to see if the steps in it are able to address what is being seen:

Windows 10

If the cursor is still giving problems after trying those steps or if you'd like some personalized assistance, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond what the forums are able to give, and they're always happy to help.

Thanks for your patience and again for taking the time to report what you are experiencing here,

bfgIlinalta

myshania
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by myshania on Aug 25, 16 12:10 PM
I got about 10 minutes into demo after deleting special effects and deleting special cursor and everything was going fine. Then the whole game slowed down to where it was impossible to play?? I remember the days long ago when all I had to do was look at the name of the game and bought it right away with out doing the demo!!
Cant believe all the problems with all the games!! So frustrating

redrose70
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by redrose70 on Aug 25, 16 2:53 PM
I got all the way through the Demo and everything works great. I always take off the special effects. This is really a GREAT game. Thank You NANC PS. Will be buying this Game.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Aug 26, 16 8:36 AM
Update: using an external mouse instead of the track pad on my laptop solved the mouse problem completely, but now the game has crashed upon reaching the dungeon. Argh.

[Post New]by hazelwize16 on Aug 26, 16 5:26 PM
WOW ... for once i am having NO PROBLEMS with the cursor ... i am surprised to see that so many others are have issues ... i am having ONE problem ... i was able to play the entire trial and just as i got to the end ... the GAME FROZE ... had to restart to get escape ... don't know what's up there, but i am ready to PURCHASE this one ... Windows 10 ... parallels 11 ... good game ... but should i buy???? wanted to play! ...

[Post New]by hazelwize16 on Aug 26, 16 6:57 PM
ok so i really like the editorial direction of this game so i purchased ... been playing happily right along with ghostly father and handsome Dorian ... until i get to the transition following the "girls" down the hidden staircase ... after painting Dorian back to life ... and it froze on me again ... i'll just try again later ... just wanted to add this to the items that are happening with the game ... haven't had any other problems ... don't know if it's the game or the BFG app ... anyway ... FYI ...

tekeguy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tekeguy on Aug 26, 16 7:59 PM
Same as others. Severe cursor lag on all dpi pre-sets. Makes the game nearly impossible to enjoy so I didn't bother trying to get through the first scene in the office. I am running a relatively newly built gaming rig that I regularly use an HTC Vive on at full settings so it's not my computer. I'll mess with some of the settings but I hate buying a collector's edition that turns out to be unplayable.

Edit update: As with other games with a laggy mouse it is the custom cursor option. This makes the game at least playable but equally un- enjoyable with the small stock mouse cursor especially when looking for zoom/play areas.

Edited on 08/26/2016 at 8:04:52 PM PST

[Post New]by wrathy on Aug 27, 16 1:08 AM
I am running windows vista and although my curser is stable, the loading screens are extremely slow and the time lag between selecting something and its following action is beyond frustration. To cap it all, after enduring the tedium of the slow game play, the game then all goes black apart from sparkles on clickable objects. This game really needs de-bugging and then an update released. So frustrated as this seems like a most enjoyable game!!!!!

[Post New]by Velvet625 on Aug 27, 16 1:27 PM
I am in the portrait room and suppose to use the oil on the window and no oil. I had it and used it I believe on the lion and then it disappeared. I am guessing I have to start the game over now unless there is some oil somewhere else?

[Post New]by wanderingwomble on Aug 27, 16 2:30 PM
I am in the portrait room and suppose to use the oil on the window and no oil. I had it and used it I believe on the lion and then it disappeared. I am guessing I have to start the game over now unless there is some oil somewhere else?

Sorry to say, but the oil you used on the lion should have stuck around for the window. That bit of oil got used in at least 3 places I believe.

[Post New]by sunrize20708 on Aug 28, 16 11:51 AM
I have the same issue with having no oil. Is there anything I can do without having to start the game over?

[Post New]by ladybear101 on Aug 28, 16 3:31 PM
Windows 10 on PC - cannot run at all as I cannot even select a mode as mouse will not move fully right or fully down. Nothing wrong with the mouse or my computer, so unfortunately must be game...

Go to: