bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Comments and Reviews for Strimko

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 12, 10 2:00 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Strimko? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

bfgFlounder

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Strimko

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Mar 12, 10 2:41 AM
Some nice variants on sudoko - which I soon tire of. Even in the early stages, there are some good challenges; the generous help system and easy entry method are big pluses, especially if you like puzzles to be fun rather than a headache. I can't think why this wasn't the featured game for the day - it deserves to be considered by everyone for their game stable.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 12, 10 5:16 AM
looks good and since this was a week of tm games(which i hate) i am going to try it

scrpbkr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by scrpbkr on Mar 12, 10 12:39 PM
I really like this game. I wish there were more logic/thinking games available. Don't get me wrong- I like the occasional HOG and TM games, but I'm always looking for something more involved. Although I don't particularly like Sudoku, I really like this game. It's like Soduko, but with a twist. The premise to the game is a little cheesy, but I don't care. It's colorful, engaging and interesting. I will definitely consider buying this game. I found it a bit easy in the beginning on the adventure setting, but it also has a casual setting as well.

If you're into a logic/thinking game, I would definitely consider this.

(I wound up buying this game after the trial ended. The games do get significantly harder as the numbers increase in sequence. As the puzzles got harder, the hints increased from 1 to 2 at the beginning. You can choose to use the hints or ignore them. If you get a certain percentage of numbers correct, you can click on the amulet and it will freeze your correct numbers. I'm still enjoying the game. It's challenging for me, but not so hard that I get frustrated and stop playing.)

Edited on 03/12/2010 at 8:22:57 PM PST

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Mar 12, 10 1:16 PM
I liked this game, but i'm not sure if I'm going to buy it. Maybe when it comes around to $2.99.
I played the save the planet part and found it quite easy at first, but during chapter 3 I had to stop and think.
I love Sudoku,but it was cool to play a game with a twist. I really recommend that people try this.

Prissi
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Prissi on Mar 12, 10 2:14 PM
What a lovely game! It's nice to see something a little different from the recent run of lackluster HOGs. I agree with others that this should have been a TGT. It deserves to be launched with more fanfare than just the soft release that it has received. I had no trouble downloading it. The game responded quickly, and the tutorial is excellent. A definite thumbs-up for this game! I am a happy fishy today.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 12, 10 3:48 PM
Wow! This is sure working the leetle gray cells! Very good new twist on Sudoku, which though I enjoy it was never addicted. This might be a *little* too much challenge for me to find it fun enough to buy. I do enjoy the "Ah ha!" when things fall into place but I am concerned about *how* deep it will get, like just how big the boards will go. I do love that thee are different forms of puzzles, rather than just one long ever increasing Sudoku board. The hints are great but I do wish there was a "check for wrong numbers" button like you sometimes see.

I'm also kind of surprised this was a "soft launch" game as it's something different, has lovely graphics and is apparently well crafted. Me brain hurts, so can't give it full approval, not loving it, too much work, but a great game none the less.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Mar 12, 10 7:51 PM
I am really loving this game! And for me that's saying something, as I never truly cared for Sudoku-type games before. Like Pb mentioned, I'm kinda wondering how deep this game will get. The puzzles so far have been easy enough to do, but if the boards get any more complex, I don't think my "leetle" gray cells will be able to handle it Thanks, Poodle! (now you got me talking like you-know-who!!)

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Mar 12, 10 9:26 PM
very smart and challenging and well done game. Bring us more like that Bigfish

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 13, 10 4:10 AM
Well after a disappointing IHOG this morning I took the plunge and purchased Strimko. Now my brain hurts.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Mar 13, 10 8:41 AM
Poodlebear wrote:Well after a disappointing IHOG this morning I took the plunge and purchased Strimko. Now my brain hurts.

You may try to play it only an half hour at a time Poodlebear. Would not want your brains to be hurting because I value very much your reviews and would like it to continue...

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Mar 13, 10 11:04 AM
I like this because it is different. I like match 3 but you can only play so many - and I generally do it when I'm brain dead & trying to recover from work. This is more involved and I see it as definite replay. Wanted to see what everone else thought about the game.

I, too, wonder why it didn't have a better launch. Actually, I accidentally discovered that BF launches more than one game a day. How long has this been going on & I've been to brain dead to find them? I generally just look at the first game and never scroll below that. I ended up buying a game from someone else, because BF didn't have it. Then I found that it had been an "other" new release the past week. So now I'm checking more closely and finding some of the "other" games are better than the main one.

tabsy
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by tabsy on Mar 14, 10 1:25 AM
Great twist on Sudoku, I agree with other posters, it is well worth trying out and it does, quite quickly, get more challenging as it goes on.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 14, 10 10:44 AM
Great game! It definitely should have been the main game release of the day! Very good mental workout and very easy on the eyes! And one of my carefully hoarded coupons goes to Strimko!

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Mar 14, 10 6:55 PM
Really liking the game.
As a sudoku player anyway I wondered what they would be doing in the game that was different, and when I played the trial it was a pleasant surprise.

One reason I like the game is that you think you have mastered the game and they throw in a new type of puzzle.
Some nice simple mini games between the levels too, just to give the head a chance to breathe after some of the trickier levels, however you can choose to skip the min-games if you wish.

Not sure on this one for full price just because it seems very short. However if I want a game to test the brain this would be a good choice.

A lot of games in the brain activity style tend to make it impossible and you end up wanting to throw the computer out of the window...Or is that just me ...but this one is not like that at all. The hints recharge quickly and if you are doing well on a level there is a chance for you to check how many numbers you have got right.

Good game Big Fish.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Mar 20, 10 1:43 AM
It's just like they described, Sudoku with a twist, many FUN twists! I really enjoyed this game! Im going to buy it

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 24, 10 10:44 AM
I love this game! The music is soothing and new ageish... The graphics are crisp and clean. I'm a numbers person. I love Sudoku and play Samurai Sudoku daily, so this variation of the game is great! It's a trifecta and I'm HOOKED. The addition of the various mini games and I'd say this game was created just for me! Definitely a buy!

boogieT
Flounder
Flounder
2,176 Posts

[Post New]by boogieT on Mar 24, 10 12:20 PM
Gave this to my hubby who travels with it on his laptop . He loves playing it. Usually reports to me what kind of "brain" he's won.

chrisd27
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by chrisd27 on Mar 31, 10 2:11 PM
i bought this game because it looked good and I had some spare coupons. And I am SO glad that I did. I'm really enjoying it.

Although there aren't a lot of levels, it's fun to see if I can get the 'alien brain' score on classic.

[Post New]by slayermom on Mar 31, 10 4:56 PM
Strimko is a great intelligent game. Being a sudoku player, I realy enjoy the Strimko twist which gives me great challenge. The graphics are nice and I really enjoyed the playing environment. Loved the music while playing it.

Strimko is a must to all sudoko addicts!

Go to: