Tinyfeet2
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Cursed HOS

[Post New]by Tinyfeet2 on Aug 25, 16 7:09 PM
When it says you can find an item if the HOS is cursed, are the ABC, silhouette, night, curses? Are the timed ones curses?
I cant figure this out.... I know there's a curse for fog, mirror and mixed/jumbled letters...
I guess my question is...
What are the cursed modes?

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

Re:Cursed HOS

[Post New]by difi1 on Aug 25, 16 9:13 PM
All curses are on a timer only. You don't have to worry about night or any other mode. You just have to beat the clock while looking in fog, upside down, or words jumbled. I personally hate the mirror curse (upside down) The rest get pretty easy once you get use to them.

Tinyfeet2
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Tinyfeet2 on Aug 26, 16 6:22 AM
So if it's timed, it's a curse? I know the fog and jumbled letters and mirror are curses. But do they have to be timed to count?
Sometimes when people answer the questions, they assume people know other steps and we dont.

sophies_mom
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by sophies_mom on Aug 26, 16 11:02 AM
The curses are the fog/smoke/reeking embers, mirror, and BCA/abracadabra. I use the slashes because they are referred to differently in different places. If you have a curse in your inventory (under the weapons section), you can use it to curse an HOS.

All curses are timed, but not all timed scenes are cursed.

You can get curses in your inventory by playing the Hunters Hut at night or by defeating the gremlins. You can also put them on your wish list for your friends to give you.

Some items are only available for quests if a certain scene is cursed. In order to curse a scene, you must select the curse from your inventory and click on "use". The curse will curse 3 scenes at random, so there's no guarantee that the one you want cursed will be - it may take you a couple of tries to do it.

I hope this clears up your confusion.

Tinyfeet2
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Tinyfeet2 on Aug 28, 16 3:22 PM
I was clear as mud before, now it's kinda like dirty dish water. But, YES, you were very helpful.
I think the thing that's so aggravating is you hunt/fight like crazy to FIND what you need and when you go to use it, it's like you didnt have it in the first place...... You get nothing for your work. I wish the writers of the game would make it so you can choose what HOS is cursed. You may or may not get what you need still, but at least you have the chance by getting that scene where it needs to be.

Re:Cursed HOS-how do you get a curse?

[Post New]by mrosej on Sep 2, 16 4:24 PM
I don't have any curses but I need to have a mirror curse on the cyrpt! Me thinks this game takes you around and around in circles, getting boring!

Tinyfeet2
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Tinyfeet2 on Sep 5, 16 10:35 AM
It might take you a bit but continue to work the hunters hut. Night mode will give you curses. You might curse in the process but between the hut and gremlin you will get some.

Go to: