tdierikx
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Store problem - took my money fine - didn't update in game

[Post New]by tdierikx on Aug 26, 16 8:09 PM
Just purchased a Sack of coins, and as it completed, it crashed the game.

It updated the VIP status linked with the purchase, but didn't give me the coins I purchased.

Not happy... grrr!

T.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Store problem - took my money fine - didn't update in game

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 27, 16 6:14 AM
tdierikx wrote:Just purchased a Sack of coins, and as it completed, it crashed the game.

It updated the VIP status linked with the purchase, but didn't give me the coins I purchased.

Not happy... grrr!

T.

You should send a ticket to customer support (link at bottom of page).

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

Re:Store problem - took my money fine - didn't update in game

[Post New]by dk413 on Aug 27, 16 10:12 AM
Same thing happened to me this morning. Contacted customer service but haven't heard back yet.

tdierikx
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by tdierikx on Sep 3, 16 1:19 AM
Yep - sent off a ticket... 3 days later got an automated response email repeating all the stuff already gone through in their troubleshooting FAQ, so replied to the email with the same stuff they'd obviously not gotten around to looking at the first time.... and that was 3 days ago... no reply yet...

Not hopeful of either a response or a resolution at this point - just looks like I've donated them my money... grrr!

T.

dollfaye
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by dollfaye on Sep 3, 16 3:27 AM
At the most, you will get credit for a free game.....that's how they usually resolve problems where you are due credit.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Sep 3, 16 6:23 AM
tdierikx wrote:Yep - sent off a ticket... 3 days later got an automated response email repeating all the stuff already gone through in their troubleshooting FAQ, so replied to the email with the same stuff they'd obviously not gotten around to looking at the first time.... and that was 3 days ago... no reply yet...

Not hopeful of either a response or a resolution at this point - just looks like I've donated them my money... grrr!

T.

No, this is not acceptable, they will either credit your game with the goods or return your money. This is the standard practice for such cases.

It's a good thing you replied to their standard troubleshooting message because if you don't then the ticket may be closed. If I were you I would reply to that same message again (forward your latest reply adding a reminder).

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Sep 3, 16 6:26 AM
dollfaye wrote:At the most, you will get credit for a free game.....that's how they usually resolve problems where you are due credit.

This is true only when there are technical problems that they can't resolve or if there are undue delays. But this is not the case here, as they can always return the money if it's not possible to deliver the goods purchased.

Edited on 09/03/2016 at 6:30:19 AM PST

tdierikx
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by tdierikx on Sep 11, 16 5:36 PM
I finally received a refund credited back to my account on 8th September... only around a 10 day turnaround... *sigh*

Cursory email received stating same and that ticket now closed...

T.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 14, 16 5:24 PM
BF is always excellent for crediting real money spent on in-game purchases that did not show up in game. Yes there is some delay, but rest assured it will be righted.

Cheers

Go to: