bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Musaic Box forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 11, 08 11:00 PM
Welcome to Musaic Box forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Musaic Box players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Dawspaws
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Welcome to Musaic Box forum

[Post New]by Dawspaws on Oct 13, 08 7:20 AM
Just wanted to let you know, I enjoyed this game very much, but I thought it was too short. I hope more like this one will be out soon. Thanks

Kozza
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Kozza on Oct 15, 08 5:33 AM
So, the game ends after you get the amulet? Or have I missed some of the game? I'm confused...

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 15, 08 6:56 AM
Kozza wrote:So, the game ends after you get the amulet? Or have I missed some of the game? I'm confused...
Yes it ends- but you can now make your own scores, now that you have the amulet. I felt the ending was very abrupt too.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 17, 08 7:37 AM
Go back through every page of the book and look for puzzles that have all the pieces but do not have the word Sloved beside them. There should be at least one that is complete but not Solved. When you solve that one it will make another song complete and ready for you to solve. The process will continue until all the songs are solved. Then you will see the amulet.

Edited on 10/17/2008 at 12:09:31 PM PST

kray1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by kray1 on Oct 17, 08 11:14 AM
THANKS, I'M GOING TO DO THAT NOW.

dsc003
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by dsc003 on Oct 17, 08 9:53 PM
I cannot find the handle for the printing press in the library. Can I ask that here or should I ask in a pm?

Thanks.

[Post New]by McNear on Oct 17, 08 10:02 PM
I thought this was a terrible game. No, I didn't buy it but I played the demo (on 2 different computers) and was so disappointed. I'm very glad I didn't purchase this game. Boring.

dsc003
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by dsc003 on Oct 17, 08 10:09 PM
LizzieK wrote:
dsc003 wrote:I cannot find the handle for the printing press in the library. Can I ask that here or should I ask in a pm?

Thanks.
The handle is on a wooden chair leg on the right edge of the screen.

thx,

wouldn't you know, full screen view was off-center so I couldn't even see it.

[Post New]by heathersmuda on Oct 18, 08 9:39 PM
Ah, loved it! What a great idea, perfect for gamers with some musical background. But I could have played about ten times as much content, that was way too short, I had it done in one long session.

[Post New]by ShirleyOstrander on Oct 20, 08 3:15 PM
It sounded so cool! Even just the short trial was intriguing...too bad that's all there was. Thought the music puzzles would get harder, or at least more interesting.

Game WAY too short - and not enough variety. The "make your own score" section really doesn't make sense to me - although, to be honest - I didn't spend a lot of time looking at it.

Finding pieces was kind of random - some 'descriptions' helped, others just got in the way. Some items animated for no reason - not even interesting animations. I didn't find it intuitive at all.

I won't be getting musaic box two unless there's some big changes...

Bottom line - I'm really disappointed - this could have been really cool and I'm extremely sorry I wasted a game credit on it. I could have gotten a Nancy Drew or something more challenging or interesting!

[Post New]by mountainlady on Oct 21, 08 7:15 PM
How do you get the cymbles to open.. I am in the 3rd room, have found all the clues, and have about 6 songs unfinished...What gives...

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 25, 08 2:29 PM
I agree! Make Musaic Box 2 about 4 times as long.

[Post New]by smithwickgirl on Dec 29, 08 2:41 PM
I enjoyed the game as a change of pace but really thought it was too short. I would like to see more like this.

[Post New]by reesesob on Jan 10, 09 7:34 PM
I liked the game, but it was over much to fast!
Kind of a waste of a game credit.

Waste? Not!

[Post New]by zenfish2 on Jan 20, 09 1:02 AM
I don't understand people saying this game was a waste. I adore it. I'm always excited by truly new games.

Last bit missing

[Post New]by zenfish2 on Jan 20, 09 1:04 AM
I have one piece missing to finish the game. In the basement. Does grandpa's diary or the film or the map/globe do anything? HELP!

gilesluver
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by gilesluver on Mar 23, 09 11:18 PM
OK, weren't we supposed to find out about the grandfather? Or was that mystery just a red herring? I have no idea why the Atlantis talisman showed up. There was no indication that it was even an issue. I don't remember Atlantis showing up anywhere else in the game.

I liked the musical mix-up option at the end, but the whole thing seemed truncated. It was as if they were in a rush to finish the game and couldn't complete it. Or they ran out of ideas!

froggiefly
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by froggiefly on Apr 15, 09 2:09 AM
i HAD NEVER HEARD OF THIS GAME UNTIL YESTERDAY! I HAVE NEVER HAD SO MUCH FUN PLAYING A GAME!!! I SHOWED IT TO MY 24 YR OLD SON AND HAD TO FIGHT TO GET THE COMPUTER BACK FROM HIM!! OF COURSE I WOULD'VE LOVED ANOTHER 6 HRS, BUT I AM SAD WHEN EVERY GAME ENDS!! I WILL BE PLAYING THIS ONE AGAIN BECAUSE I WILL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT THE SCORE AGAIN EACH TIME!!
WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY TO COMBINE PUZZLE WITH HO!!! THANKS BF FOR ALERTING ME THAT IT WAS AVAILABLE!! SUCH A PLEASURE AFTER BUYING THE DRACULA GAME AND BEING SO VERY DISAPPOINTED!!
MUSAIC IS A RELAXING, YET MIND TAXING GAME AND I WOULD RATE IT 15 OUT OF 10!!!!!

[Post New]by kris86 on Jun 28, 09 4:46 AM
this game is so stupid and boring

Go to: