bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to It's all about masks forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 13, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to It's all about masks forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other It's all about masks players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

Re:Welcome to It's all about masks forum

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Mar 13, 10 3:02 AM
Just got done playing the demo and here are my thoughts on this game. MINOR **SPOILER ALERT**

CONS: Graphics are above average. Game play is straight forward and hints are unlimited (on a timer). For the most part, items are period correct and made sense. Fairly easy so just about anyone can play. Although there is a warning about system requirements, I had no issues with the game loading or playing. Scenes are well-lit and seeing the room isn't an issue. Loading screens seemed very fast.

CONS: If you don't know a lot of obsolete, old English, or crossword puzzle words, you may have to look a few words up or use a hint button. For instance, if you don't know what a "clew" is, you might have trouble finding all 8 of them Also, the name of those pointy "genie slippers" might come in handy A bit of a "yard sale" feeling. Lots of items to sort through. In some scenes, the music is absolutely intolerable. Sounded like traditional Japanese music being played backwards. I rarely turn the music off in games but this is one I had to do so. The game seems a bit repetitive. Same deal, different room . Actually, sometimes the same room (been there, got the t-shirt). The story, while it sounded interesting, unfolds very slowly so you basically have to read every single dialogue box to follow where the storyline is going. LOTS of dialogue. Although it can be clicked through, you must click each dialogue box so this gets tiring. Some items are small or very well-hidden. Hint timer seemed a bit slow so use it wisely.

On a scale of 1-10, I give this game a 4.5 because it is a well-made game with good graphics. If you like simple HOGs, this may be the game for you.

Personally, this is one I'll save for a rainy day when it's $2.99 and there are no new games for me to play.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Mar 14, 10 5:30 PM
I am stuck, please someone help. I cannot get the mini-game-codes. I have tried like the walkthru says but everytime I get to the h in the it prints another t. It won't let me skip either. How do I solve this?

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Mar 15, 10 6:45 AM
I got unstuck. Finished the game and really liked it. It was longer than I expected. About three and a half houes taking my time and trying tio solve all the puzzles. Had to skip 2 of them. All in all I feel it was worth the money.

[Post New]by cantswim on Mar 17, 10 6:53 PM
mintjulelip wrote:Just got done playing the demo and here are my thoughts on this game. MINOR **SPOILER ALERT**

CONS: Graphics are above average. Game play is straight forward and hints are unlimited (on a timer). For the most part, items are period correct and made sense. Fairly easy so just about anyone can play. Although there is a warning about system requirements, I had no issues with the game loading or playing. Scenes are well-lit and seeing the room isn't an issue. Loading screens seemed very fast.

CONS: If you don't know a lot of obsolete, old English, or crossword puzzle words, you may have to look a few words up or use a hint button. For instance, if you don't know what a "clew" is, you might have trouble finding all 8 of them Also, the name of those pointy "genie slippers" might come in handy A bit of a "yard sale" feeling. Lots of items to sort through. In some scenes, the music is absolutely intolerable. Sounded like traditional Japanese music being played backwards. I rarely turn the music off in games but this is one I had to do so. The game seems a bit repetitive. Same deal, different room . Actually, sometimes the same room (been there, got the t-shirt). The story, while it sounded interesting, unfolds very slowly so you basically have to read every single dialogue box to follow where the storyline is going. LOTS of dialogue. Although it can be clicked through, you must click each dialogue box so this gets tiring. Some items are small or very well-hidden. Hint timer seemed a bit slow so use it wisely.

On a scale of 1-10, I give this game a 4.5 because it is a well-made game with good graphics. If you like simple HOGs, this may be the game for you.

Personally, this is one I'll save for a rainy day when it's $2.99 and there are no new games for me to play.

[Post New]by cantswim on Mar 17, 10 6:58 PM
I actually bought this today. Should of known better as I had a couple of issues in free play. Have any of you had issues when it comes to the dice roll game? After about 12 plays my computer froze? Should I get my money back or did I do something wrong? Thanks J.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Mar 17, 10 7:06 PM
If they fix the bugs, I would buy this one.

I can read and have a good vocabulary. I liked the graphics.

[Post New]by jeannie1957 on Mar 18, 10 5:59 PM
hello i am stuck on hte matching the masks with the people nothing i do will work please if anyone can help would be greatful dont know what im doing wronge

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Mar 21, 10 10:59 AM
My computer froze during the roll the dice mini-game and had to ctrl/alt/del to end game - did the update on the game before playing game after buying. Was not aware of problems before when I did demo....worked fine then.

[Post New]by nancyj03 on Mar 21, 10 3:48 PM
What do you do when the cat is on the chest? The hint doesn't work, nor does clicking on the small fish. What do I do now?

beadster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by beadster on Apr 23, 10 9:37 PM
Just finished the game and agree with initial comment. It's an okay game, not great. And absolutely the background music was terrible - had to turn it off just to play the game - like a continuous water drip.

bany
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by bany on May 30, 10 8:21 AM
Hi! Sorry for my bad English - I'm spanish -. Recently, I tried de Spanish version of this game... And I just can say it's the worst traduction I've never seen. It's impossible locate the objects cause the name is incorrect. Some games are one or two objects with a bad traduction, but in this game are to much incorrect. I can't buy the game cause I don't like it, but I think is something to advertise. By!

[Post New]by whlewtchr on Jul 27, 10 10:51 AM
I can't get the cat to take the fish. What am I doing wrong?

hidden007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by hidden007 on Apr 19, 11 12:32 PM
I just finished playing the game to completion, and I must say, I feel disappointed in the whole game. I had SEVERAL technical problems where the screen would freeze, which was quite frustrating. Most of the puzzles were difficult for me to solve, especially because there were NO CLEAR instructions on how to play them. I couldn't keep the storyline clear in mind, because there were no notes or ways to re-read what had been said by who. By the time I got close to the end, I just wanted to finish the darned game just so I could get my money's worth (not that I paid the full price for it anyway). It was redundant and drawn out. Sorry, but I wish I never bought this game. Oh well. Live and learn!!!

[Post New]by flodel on Apr 21, 12 10:37 AM
I have tried and tried to place the masks but nothing works. I am so disappointed that I purchased this game.

Go to: