Tinyfeet2
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Holy Water........ AGAIN.....uuuugggggg

[Post New]by Tinyfeet2 on Aug 28, 16 3:57 PM
I have been trying for it seems like forever to finish the holy water quest. It's getting very frustrating, using my rubies to 'find the thing that I need to find the thing that will give me the mirror........"
I had the mirror curse, the broken glass, 3 & 5 and NONE went to the crypt. I know it's a slow progressing game but it's very frustrating. Especially when I'm home all day and have the time to spend.
Is there any way to speed the process???? Please help!!!!

I asked one of the moderators and they suggested I ask publically....

sophies_mom
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

Re:Holy Water........ AGAIN.....uuuugggggg

[Post New]by sophies_mom on Aug 28, 16 5:25 PM
One thing that I do, which has greatly reduced my frustration, is to wait until I have several curses in my inventory. For your scenario, where you want the crypt cursed with the mirror curse, I would save any mirror curses until last. If the crypt gets cursed by one of the other curses, then banish the curse or play the scene. When there is only the crypt and one or two other scenes not cursed, THEN use the mirror curse. You are then guaranteed to curse the crypt. Then play the crypt. If the holy water falls, then you're done. If it doesn't, and you have more mirror curses in your inventory, then you can curse the crypt again and try again.

Once you've gotten what you need, in this case holy water, you can leave the other scenes cursed and only banish the curse when you need the scene. That way, if you run into another quest where you need a particular scene cursed, it may already be cursed.

Tinyfeet2
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Tinyfeet2 on Aug 28, 16 6:16 PM
FINALLY!!!! A workable solution!!!! Doesnt guarantee the drop but it increases my odds......

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Aug 29, 16 7:03 AM
And to get curses, you may want to set aside a week or so where you play only the hunters hut. That HOS drops curses in its night mode (rarely though). But playing it enough can bring the curses in your inventory to a good number

Tinyfeet2
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Tinyfeet2 on Aug 30, 16 8:23 AM
If I have the other HOS cursed, and maybe only 2 left without (one being the crypt) will the curse continue with the crypt? If the curse effects 3 HOS and only 2 are open,will it keep going till all are used up?

[Post New]by littlemisscsq on Aug 30, 16 11:13 AM
I'm so glad that I'm not the only here on this subject. I was wondering if there was a "best" time to use this seemingly totally evasive as well as expensive mirror curse. I've wondered if maybe it best to use when like all but 3 (incl the crypt) were in night mode (which to me by the way is a curse of it's own since I'm night blind literally, I spend a great deal of energy doing that scene over and over and over till I'm crazy sometimes so if anyone knows any tricks to lighten up these scenes a bit please do mail me and let me know, PLEASE) However now after reading all of this other before me I'm wondering a few other things like......... Will the mirror curse even effect the places in night mode? and if they won't work on those then maybe instead of trying to curse everything and then break curses how about if let everything run it's course into night mode except for crypt and maybe 2 others? Does that make sense?
Linda

Tinyfeet2
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Tinyfeet2 on Aug 30, 16 5:34 PM
Clear as mud....... LOLOL

What I want to know is this......

If all other HOS are cursed except the crypt, and I then pull the mirror curse out of the hat, will I have 3 chances of the crypt being under the mirror or will it only do it once? I dont want to waste them if I dont have to.

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Aug 30, 16 11:48 PM
If the Crypt is your only uncursed HOS and you use a mirror shard, then the crypt witll get a mirror curse. And no other HOS will get this curse, since they already are cursed.

Tinyfeet2
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Tinyfeet2 on Aug 31, 16 4:46 AM
But will crypt be cursed 3 times or will only once?

sophies_mom
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by sophies_mom on Aug 31, 16 10:27 AM
Tinyfeet2 wrote:But will crypt be cursed 3 times or will only once?

It will only be cursed once.

[Post New]by littlemisscsq on Aug 31, 16 5:37 PM
So..................... even when I get the crypt cursed I only have the one chance to get what I need for the quest? That can't be right
-------- Also if someone can answer my question from above I'd appreciate it
Linda

sophies_mom
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by sophies_mom on Aug 31, 16 11:28 PM
littlemisscsq wrote:So..................... even when I get the crypt cursed I only have the one chance to get what I need for the quest? That can't be right
-------- Also if someone can answer my question from above I'd appreciate it
Linda

Yes, that's right, if you don't get the quest item on the first try, you have to re-curse the HOS in order to try again.

As for your earlier question, if you have any light orbs in your inventory, you can use them to light the night modes. If you do have any, they show up when you're in night mode (down by the divine sight and hand of god icons). Then just click on it to light up the scene for 30 seconds. Unfortunately, light orbs are not one of the things you can request from friends. There is no "preferred" mode to curse. I suppose if you want to avoid the night mode, you can plan to curse the HOS when it's night, but there's no advantage to doing so.

Speaking of night modes, one thing I've never understood is why there's a night mode in the ice cave. I mean, really, it must be dark in the cave all the time, otherwise you wouldn't need torches to go in there and the torches aren't enough to dispel the darkness when it's dark outside??? That makes no sense.

Tinyfeet2
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Tinyfeet2 on Sep 1, 16 7:47 AM
I dont know if the night mode makes the mirror curse go dark. I never tried it that way. I dont like the night mode, so I get it to another mode OTHER than night. I've found if I'm in a darker room, the night mode is easier to see.......
You might be able to adjust your screen resolution to make it ALL brighter, thus making night mode easier to see....

Hope that helps.

Go to: