bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any It's all about masks technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 13, 10 1:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

pb_2
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any It's all about masks technical issues here only

[Post New]by pb_2 on Mar 13, 10 7:43 AM
You claim to have a Walkthrough available for this game. Perhaps you hid it somewhere in 1969?!? When you click the Walkthrough link you wind up at a blank page dated from 1969. Good one! lol

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Mar 13, 10 9:34 AM
The walkthrough is there now, try again:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/its-all-about-masks-walkthrough/

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Mar 13, 10 10:15 AM
The game seemed to run ok, graphics pretty good for my old graphics csrd.
The game just froze on the puzzle box. Just clicked on the box and my curser separated left the custom curser on the box and my ordinary curser I could move around the left of the picture. I could not Esc or Cntrl Alt Delete, I had to shut the computer down to get out of it.
Shame I was enjoying the game up to then. Looking forward to an inventory game

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Mar 13, 10 10:19 AM
Exact ditto was for me too - ingeash

The game froze on the puzzle box on the table. I had two cursors - one for my pc and the other for the game.

Edited on 03/13/2010 at 10:20:22 AM PST

[Post New]by terenbithia on Mar 13, 10 12:29 PM
Keep gretting access violation.Have Windows XP with a recently installed video card and memory. Tried turning off AVG antivirus and firewall while I reinstalled it. Still getting message. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks

[Post New]by jesterwitch on Mar 13, 10 12:48 PM
Most of the game works just fine, but I can't see the dialogue when the characters are supposed to be speaking. The box with their picture comes up, but there are no words so I can't really tell what the storyline is and the only way to advance the game is to hit "escape" til the boxes go away. Too bad, because the object search part is fun and the artwork is really nice!
I've uninstalled/reinstalled the demo, but the problem is still there. My computer is fairly new and exceeds the min. requirements for the game, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Edited on 03/13/2010 at 12:50:21 PM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 13, 10 3:35 PM
After I completed the embroidery puzzle, the room still showed as an active one to be searched. I tried going back to it; thinking perhaps a new scenario would have opened, but although most of the objects listed were different, at the end of that search, it took me back to the same embroidery puzzle.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Mar 13, 10 7:07 PM
I get stuck at the games' loading screen. Never loads.

[Post New]by carolprint1 on Mar 13, 10 8:50 PM
the game loaded & started fine.....however when the **** scenes open up i get all the answers shown to me......theres no background.....

this is the second game in the last couple of weeks that did this to me

[Post New]by Stormie5500 on Mar 14, 10 1:09 PM
I was really enjoying this game until I finished the embroidery ....Finished it with no problems then exited for the night....came back the next day to continue it got to the starting page which went right into where the cards are ................there were no cards to start with except for the deck with the menu card that worked just fine but I could not do anything else no other cards to click on and start a new location geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what now? thanks for any help guess I will start another game...by that way I am on a brand new computer as well.

owlgirl61
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by owlgirl61 on Mar 14, 10 1:55 PM
Completed first scene, then a box with a face popped up in the corner and nothing more happened.

Restarted game, had to replay level, same thing happened.

Real shame as different objects needed to be found second time.

Hopefully glitches will get sorted so we can all play it.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Mar 14, 10 7:12 PM
I didn't get to play at all. I got past the intro and then everything froze and I had to turn off the computer to get out. My heart isn't broken though. I wasn't too sure I would like the game after watching the video and the screen shots. Thanks for the warning BF!

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Mar 15, 10 2:50 AM
I had the same problem re sperating cursors & the embroidery.
I also have a problem with the handing out of the masks. the dialogue freezes & I can't hand out the masks. The menu button can still be accessed but the solution button isn't loading...I thought I could get past this point via that.
I've just deleted the game & am reinstalling & am hoping that will fix it.
i'm cranky I have to go all the way through the game again but will be screaming if, when I get to the masks again the same thing happens

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Mar 15, 10 1:34 PM
thistle809 wrote:After I completed the embroidery puzzle, the room still showed as an active one to be searched. I tried going back to it; thinking perhaps a new scenario would have opened, but although most of the objects listed were different, at the end of that search, it took me back to the same embroidery puzzle.

Me too, I don't want to have to do the embroidery again. Took me long enough the first time.

sorahi23
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by sorahi23 on Mar 15, 10 1:47 PM
Played through the demo and bought the game. Went to play again and it takes me to a scene I've already completed, but without any clues. Can't go to the map, nothing to find, even using a hint does nothing. Guess I'm going to have to start a new profile.

Ok, started new profile, ran fine until I got to where Mr. Cunning is supposed to hand out the masks, then it froze. I see I am not the only one with this problem, someone else mentioned it in the Comments and Reviews section. I was enjoying the game, but would really like to see the ending.

Edited on 03/15/2010 at 3:29:43 PM PST

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Mar 15, 10 7:58 PM
sorahi23 wrote:
Ok, started new profile, ran fine until I got to where Mr. Cunning is supposed to hand out the masks, then it froze. I see I am not the only one with this problem, someone else mentioned it in the Comments and Reviews section. I was enjoying the game, but would really like to see the ending.
The same thing happened to me. What a bummer!!!

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Mar 15, 10 11:25 PM
I have good news!!! I went back into the game and it went to the (frozen) part where Mr. Cunning is supposed to hand out the masks. If you have Mr. Cunning highlighted in yellow, give him the correct mask. The game will proceed from suspect to suspect while he explains what happened during his investigation. The game is NOT frozen; it is waiting for you to take the correct step.

I was able to complete the game. (I feel rather foolish that I didn't figure it out before now, but I guess it's better late than never.) I hope this helps anyone who thinks their game is frozen at the "handing out the masks" point.

mikedog
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mikedog on Mar 16, 10 6:39 AM
Stormie5500 wrote: I was really enjoying this game until I finished the embroidery ....Finished it with no problems then exited for the night....came back the next day to continue it got to the starting page which went right into where the cards are ................there were no cards to start with except for the deck with the menu card that worked just fine but I could not do anything else no other cards to click on and start a new location geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what now? thanks for any help guess I will start another game...by that way I am on a brand new computer as well.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 16, 10 10:05 AM
I like many others could not play the game, once I got to the puzzle box, on the table, because my mouse froze on the box, after I clicked on it.
CTRL+ALT+DEL wouldn't get me out of the game, so I had to use my escape button, to get out.
I have WindowsXP, if that is of any help in getting a new build/update, for this game.
I still have 50 some minutes, left on the trial version, to see if I want to purchase the game, so I hope BF gets a fix soon, that will fix all of the bugs, after reading the post on the forum, it looks like there are several issues/bugs, besides just the puzzle box.
I am in need of a HOG fix, going into withdrawl....PLEASE hurry...lol :-)

Go to: