bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Comments and Reviews for It's all about masks

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 13, 10 1:14 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of It's all about masks? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

bfgFlounder

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for It's all about masks

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 13, 10 2:05 AM
Well, the game runs fine - Intel Core 2, CPU 1.8 Giga, Ram 2 Mega, Radeon 1950, Direct x 10.

The plot is poor, and the game can be defined as "Straight HOG", for those who like it (I saw many of them here). PI is a Straight HOG too, and many players like it.

Nice graphics, free and fast recharged hint system, skip for all puzzles, pretty clever hidden objects.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 13, 10 2:57 AM
Thank you for the review Have downloaded so will give it a try!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 13, 10 3:23 AM
Worked just fine for me (older computer) up until the glowing box on the ship then froze solid, had to reboot. *shrug* I saw it was a straight up HOG from the start and they just don't hold my interest any more. It *does* have crystal clear graphics and it's possible turning off custom cursor would fixc any issue but, can't seem to be bothered.

ykempy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ykempy on Mar 13, 10 5:26 AM
Same for me as poodlebear, custom cursor lay on the desk and game froze.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Mar 13, 10 5:30 AM
Game worked without problems. Didn't care for the game though.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Mar 13, 10 6:23 AM
Game loaded was going along great, but the curser would release the tiles when I rotated. Just stuck on the curser and spun. Was humorous, but not helpful. Too bad.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Mar 13, 10 6:44 AM
Loved the "needlepoint" puzzle! That's the last thing I was able to complete before demo ran out. If I thought there were similar puzzles further on, it would be a definite buy for me - but how many times can they fit that sort of thing into the storyline?

That "clew" thing had me goin'. The only time I've seen the word used before is in classic mystery stories where it meant the same as "clue". Finally grabbed my dictionary and learned it can be a ball of yarn! Doubtful I'll ever encounter this again, so it goes down under "useless information".

Music was horrendous! Not often I have to play on mute, but just couldn't take it. Other elements - HOG scenes, graphics, story - weren't bad, but weren't great, either. I'll wait for this one to come out as a DD.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Mar 13, 10 7:34 AM
The game froze when I clicked on the small chest that was highlighted in blue on the table, I think I was on a ship. I can't remember, says a lot for the game...Huh If there is something more to the game I didn't get a chance to find out. I found it a bit boring.

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Mar 13, 10 7:50 AM
I too got stuck on that 'desk'. For me the items failed to appear on the list... Odd.. Had to guess... Was amusing but a pain. Looked like it would have been something I'd like too.. Shame.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Mar 13, 10 7:57 AM
Getting abit tired of these S-HOG, no buy from me too.

[Post New]by EcclesCakes on Mar 13, 10 8:06 AM
After the needlepoint puzzle, you get about 5 rooms to visit. Unfortunately, even after completing one or two of those, if you exit the game for a break and come back, you come back to the beginning of the darn needlepoint puzzle! Tried it twice and the same thing happened. That makes it a no sale for me, I'm afraid.

Eccles Cakes

Edited on 03/13/2010 at 8:07:31 AM PST

[Post New]by terenbithia on Mar 13, 10 8:21 AM
I can't even play the game ! Got an access error.Tried shutting down Anti-Virus and Firewall. Still keep getting access error. Guess I won't play. Have new video card and memory so, still don't know. Windows XP Should play.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Mar 13, 10 8:30 AM
I just noticed this and am downloading it depite a case of 'mask-ophobia'.

I can run most games but just had a lockup on the first minigame in Briar Rose demo (it played okay after that, didn't even lose any time).

I'm about done with Flux Family and feeling like it's deja vu all over again though. Something else just had "clew" in it and although I got the ball of yarn, I never knew that meaning either. My vocab is generally good. I think I've read too many British books .

Off to try scary game.

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Mar 13, 10 8:48 AM
EcclesCakes wrote:After the needlepoint puzzle, you get about 5 rooms to visit. Unfortunately, even after completing one or two of those, if you exit the game for a break and come back, you come back to the beginning of the darn needlepoint puzzle! Tried it twice and the same thing happened. That makes it a no sale for me, I'm afraid.

Eccles Cakes

hi eccles cake, similar thing happened with my game, i finished that room and when it took me to cards to choose another room that one was still active, thinking there was more to do went back in but it started over with hog scene and there is replay in this game btw cause this time thru the scene some items were different, finished the hog scene for 2nd time, took me to embroidery game again, which i really liked a nice twist to standard puzzles, but i didn't want to do over again so soon, lol, so i clicked menu took me back to room selection and that room was now inactive, so only a minor glitch in game imo, got a few mintues into next hog in another room and right after that my demo time ran out

i was quite enjoying it actually a nice old style standard hog, they usually bore me now but for a sit back and enjoy easy game this one does all right, not a purchase now but keeping it on my maybe list

i wanted to check the walkthrough to get an idea on length but when i clicked the link on the game download page it came up with the old "Posted on December 31, 1969" page so it looks like they prob won't have a walkthrough for this one, checking around on google didn't come up with anything much either except links so i expect a long wait for a walkthrough if there ever is one

ok back to games

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Mar 13, 10 9:20 AM
okletmewin12 wrote:i wanted to check the walkthrough to get an idea on length but when i clicked the link on the game download page it came up with the old "Posted on December 31, 1969" page
Nope, that's no sign for no walkthrough ever. It's there now, and that happens quite often with new games cos it obviously needs some time until everything is set up and linked together or however they do it. You can always also try it at this address:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/game-walkthroughs

Sometimes the walkthroughs are there faster - and sometimes the link from the game page.

And the same can happen with the "Newest Forum", too, which is at the top right side, vs. the one on the game page "Get tips in the forum"; sometimes one has to try both

BTW, walkthrough says 7 parts in the game.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Mar 13, 10 9:32 AM
terenbithia wrote:I can't even play the game ! Got an access error.Tried shutting down Anti-Virus and Firewall. Still keep getting access error. Guess I won't play. Have new video card and memory so, still don't know. Windows XP Should play.
hi terenbithia, and welcome to the pond! I recommend you post and look in the technical issues thread above. Some links are there already to try out and also a description how to contact Customer service (who don't read these fora AFAIK). Good luck with getting the game to work!

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Mar 13, 10 9:41 AM
I liked it but didn't get far enough to experience the issue others have described. I'll wait and see what others experience.

There were things that I thought might be glitches and then I figured out that it was just the way the game worked.

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Mar 13, 10 10:26 AM
''Sometimes the walkthroughs are there faster - and sometimes the link from the game page. ''

And some never turn up

But it was definately an Inventory game. It is in the walkthrough as I have just found so I didn't imagine it

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Mar 13, 10 10:43 AM
ingeash wrote:And some never turn up
I haven't met that so far. <knock on wood>

But it was definately an Inventory game. It is in the walkthrough as I have just found so I didn't imagine it
Sorry, no idea what you mean with an Inventory game; care to explain?

Go to: