f1racing
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Straight HOG

[Post New]by f1racing on Mar 13, 10 2:59 AM
From what I can tell, this is a straight HOG. For me, after being spoiled with more challenging games, I'm afraid I find the straight HOG boring for me.

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Straight HOG

[Post New]by ingeash on Mar 13, 10 10:18 AM
On the lower right side is a box marked inventory f1racing, didn't get to use it but it was there

[Post New]by chestnut1red on Mar 13, 10 6:54 PM

I thought the graphics were great, and the storyline solid. It is mostly a Hidden Object Game, but you do have to gather some items for your inventory to help solve the mini-games (which weren't too hard). Great for a beginning or intermediate player who likes hidden objects, some of which are challenging to find.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 13, 10 8:15 PM
It probably would be good for a beginner, yes.

It played on my computer OK, didn't freeze up. The only problem I had was the graphics chopping up between scenes, but since those scenes are for ambience, not gameplay, that's not too bad.

I may try it again someday, but right now, there are so many other really engaging games I want to be playing

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 18, 10 4:55 AM
My first impression was it reminded me of the first HOG I ever played, Huntsville, as far as the big colorful graphics, the period furniture (remember the old rolltop desk etc). Kinda felt like going home. But with passage of time the Devs are leaving off the timers so no stress trying to find everything without having to replay a room (I was much slower then). And I even had to use a couple hints on each scene, some are very well hidden, but clever. And if you wait they aren't limited, nor do random hints get you scolded LOL. Very player friendly.

Some interaction, inventory, moving on to next room then going back to use something you just found.

I played the demo on my Vista laptop and had no problem with techs, but as is my stumbling block on puzzles, give me the simplest one and I'll find a way to complicate the mechanics of how to. Like the first one with the tiles they call letters, didn't know how to manipulate them but knew what they were supposed to spell. Had to go to WT, couldn't see a B for Brew or know you stagger them, not in a row. Timed out on demo.

Tried demo on older pc with XP, about 4 years old and just 512 RAM which is the min required. Usually on games with 512R I can just play a few chapters, stop and restart, or get a lockup. It's even more beautiful and colorful on the old one, better graphics card. Got to the needlepoint and had to stop and go to WT just to read how to do it. Stupid things throw me off, like I didn't know all those pieces scattered all over were moveable, some locked in. I thought we were supposed to use the needle and thread and dot them in like other puzzles with paintbrush.

So....timed out LOL. So I bought the darn thing, I love jigsaws and putting things together so figured if it takes me an hour to do that needlepoint sure makes the game longer, right? At least it is pretty, not some dirty rusted machinery.

So that's where I am so far, why wait for a DD price when it's free anyway with my other punch code from Feb, can't get any cheaper than free to get a good jigsaw puzzle. Actually, the visual experience made me a bit nostalgic for the old HOGs, and even if some are the unfavored "junk piles" as in early MCFs, even Ravenhearst, I like them, more of a challenge to start decluttering the room to see better. So I'll take later HOGs with no timer and no complicated teeny parts or getting lost with no map and all the improvements now just to relax and have a few more hours of leisure looking

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Mar 28, 12 5:04 PM

I found the hidden object scenes frustrating for several reasons:

*scenes would constantly transform from clear to smoky

*there'd be up to 3 items using the same name/description (within the same scene) and you had to pick up the correct one out of the number of same-named items

*invariably there'd be at least 1 (up to 3) objects that wert either almost unseeable or completely off the screen

*too much clicking (looking for the objects that were off the left-hand side of the monitor screen) caused the cursor to jump away from your search area and

*2 mules are not animals

It was not a bad game just somewhat frustrating for me.

MEnr56

Go to: