snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

Helping Hands dont pay enough anymore

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Aug 29, 16 6:56 AM
Good morning. This post is probably just for experienced players, but all ideas are welcome. The problem is that I am now on Singapore, but have noticed this for the last couple of cities. The helping hands no longer offer a good value for the coins--let me explain.

For example, for helping hand at level 56 Singapore, you get 145,000 blue hats and four green gems for 220 coins. Sounds good right? But, I can ship 150,000 blue hats for 100 coins if I ship immediately at 10 coins for 15,000 hats. I have millions of hats and pinkies saved at Rome from Rome 87, so this is no problem. I can ship bricks from NY from New York 18 also much cheaper if I need them.

Similarly, green gems are no issue since I can always easily win resources to trade for gems at Istanbul 105-1 at a very quick rate. I earn approx. 60K of each every play and have never lost. (Most is 200,000 of each one lucky game!). So strategy has changed again--it is back to shipping and trading resources and NOT buying helping hands.

Obviously, I am too obsessed with Gummy Drop.

Edited on 08/29/2016 at 7:01:01 AM PST

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:Helping Hands dont pay enough anymore

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Sep 1, 16 1:18 PM
Hey snow.... Yes I have noticed and am sev cities behind you....I've slowed TREMENDOUSLY due to sev factors such as you've just pointed out. I had been contemplating dropping the game after our cruise.... But I think, just MHO, perhaps "rapid" advancement is-was severely frowned on and these modes of play (reduction) were introduced... ? Now it's had a cumulative/domino effect and many have quit, won't wait, try-delete, read feedback, etc... I do know when many were "panting for the next city", we were in Sydney (when game was introduced) things would get ADJUSTED.... Never to the gamers advantage. We are thrown a bone every now and then, city for a wk, etc... I've got TMG also...Too Much Gummy so I'll take a trip soon....lol

"Then it was a game"... **** Ruth

Edited on 09/01/2016 at 1:20:08 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 1, 16 9:53 PM
More and more it is essential to play and achieve the missions for each monument and boy oh boy some of those are very difficult and you have to buy moves or time to get through. The helping hands are short of a few fingers I think Snowman and my ships have had to be upgraded to carry more and faster

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Sep 2, 16 7:07 AM
Trav: As you move forward, the resources needed to build monuments actually declines a great deal and you do not need to get all ten icons to advance--in fact, as my post illustrates it makes no sense to complete all missions or buy helping hands because the rewards are so small. I upgraded and shipped.
BTW, I flew thru Singapore and now I am in New Delhi which also seems fairly straight-forward. There is a very nice graphical touch in New Delhi which I will let you discover
for yourself.

Go to: