pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

Re:Stuck on Go Down Moses

[Post New]by pashdi on Oct 12, 08 3:05 AM
Celeryhart, I'm not as far as you, b/c I have only trialed it until I bought it a few minutes ago. I had clicked on different items in the room and some went into the book and other items like a camera had film added to it. I imagine that later down the track it probably has music attached to it also. This game is a sort of hit and miss with me. I wanted to try it out before I tackled a large file game tonight. So far I found that you shift the tiles around and when you have the right placing the tiles glow and the complete music begins. I had almost got the fourth puzzle when my trial time ran out and I just had to buy it. Hopefully one of the other gamers might be able to help you more.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Oct 12, 08 3:28 AM
I noticed the tiles glow too when you put your mouse over them.... but they also glow even if they are not in the right spot... unless I'm missing something. I"ve been watching for any subtle hints but can't detect any. When all the tiles are in the right place... the whole thing lights up like the fourth of July and plays the song.... is that what you mean by "glow...? " LOL

I am liking this game.... todays new game is not my type so I"m back to trying to solve Go Down Moses......... for the life of me I"m so stuck. I wish I had screen shots of the solutions.... I"ve taken some so far but what I need to do is take the shot before I put the last tile in so that I can actually see the tile layout... with that darn glow at the end the picture doesn't come out too clear........LOL

I hope someone comes along and saves my sorry butt..... SOON....lol

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Oct 12, 08 4:21 AM
Did I mention ... YOU'RE MY HERO.........LOL. Thank goodness for this forum. Needless to say I'm now stuck on Badinerie from French Suite 2.. ( never heard of it before...lol ) Can't wait to put Buffalo Gal together....LOL

I guess I'm just not too good on tile puzzles... Any hints you want to send my way
scmorr will be greatly appreciated..

pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by pashdi on Oct 12, 08 5:02 AM
To Celeryhart - Yes, when you solved the piece of music. I just came back after getting through four of the puzzles and found that if you didn't know the tune it was quite difficult to put together. And the "Hints" only let you know when you get it wrong. I started by clicking everything and then looking for all the pieces of paper with the diagrams on them that look like the example at the beginning of the game, and also there are scrolls in places like the cabinet and the gramaphone which go into your book. They also create part of the puzzles to the next pieces of music. There is a piece of music from Liszt called "Czardas" the only reason I know this piece is b/c I grew up with this kind of classical music. But if you didn't know it, look for the matches in a row of the various colored tiles. Four colors equal four musical instruments, and try to put them in an order to make a tune. I hope I could be of help.

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by TxConnie on Oct 12, 08 12:11 PM
There will be a small pink flicker on the screen that shows where the tiles are. It usually comes up when you have been stuck for a bit.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Oct 12, 08 1:00 PM
pashdi..... I finally finished it.... thanks to someone posting on the Musaic Box forum a link to pictures she's taken of clues and songs... check it out

I didn't know the tune sometimes.. but I played it on the bottom a couple times and got the hang of it.
I now have taken pictures of them all so I have them for next time. I don't like to use hints and cheats... but I hate being trapped more so I will cheat if I get desperate.

What I started doing at the end is going to all the rooms and finding the clues instead of finding a clue and then solving the song immediately. Course by solving some songs it releases music to complete a different song in your book sometimes...so I just went back to the book and scanned thru it to see what was ready to solve and what had already been done... I didn't find it that hard to find all the music sheets..

This was very different and I will play it again.

[Post New]by Miriam48 on Oct 2, 14 9:50 AM
This is at least my third round of playing Musaic Box .... lol, clearly I love it, mostly because of the classic music .... but although I've solved all the way to the end two times before I am now unable to solve Go Down Moses! I've tried just about every combination I can get into the grid and still no luck. HELP!!!!!

Go to: