My Tribe on Facebook

My Tribe on Facebook

[Post New]by AlaskaLady62 on Mar 14, 10 1:14 AM
Is there a forum for My Tribe on Facebook? Because I think there must be things that are different in that version than in the regular PC game. For instance, I have placed a legendary scientist on the fountain and she still doesn't know what to do. I have also placed a legendary rock gatherer on the big rock and she doesn't know what to do either. Also, I haven't seen potions mentioned anywhere in the game. I can make dyes, but not potions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited on 03/16/2010 at 12:31:57 PM PST

Re:My Tribe on Facebook

[Post New]by fishylips16 on Mar 14, 10 9:59 AM
what rock are u putting ur rock gathers on... and u need to have the legendary scientist check it one time if it says she takes water back for farther things at the station then ur done then u will be able to use it in ur potions as far as i know the only other problem u can possibly have is that you don't have a science and for the problems with potions just go on Google and look up "my tribe potions" or "my tribe cheats and hints" or u can go my fav cheat site... and ya thats all i got so try it and don't be uhhh... lol i forgot whatever....Ur welcome!

Edited on 03/16/2010 at 9:06:27 AM PST

[Post New]by amico30 on Mar 15, 10 11:13 PM
I am having the same problem as Alaskalady64. I also cannot find the place where to make the potions. And my fountian still says it is a mystery even though my legendary scientest is studying the water. Can anyone help?

Edited on 03/15/2010 at 11:14:00 PM PST

ubermeme
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ubermeme on Mar 16, 10 9:06 AM
there is a fan page on facebook that has a discussion board. You will find many threads about the mysterious objects there also. but to answer your questions, the facebook game is different from the download one, you don't need potions to solve the objects, I only know this from reading the discussion threads, I haven't solved my fountain or rock yet either.

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Mar 16, 10 12:31 PM
Hey there fishies,

I've stickied this thread, so feel free to post about My Tribe on Facebook here.

If you're interested in checking it out, you can go to the application page on Facebook here. There is also a Discussion Board on the Facebook page as ubermeme mentioned, so you should be able to find your answer either in this thread or in the Discussion Board.

Happy gaming!

-bfgOkeechobee

Edited on 03/16/2010 at 12:32:30 PM PST

[Post New]by jayther on Mar 19, 10 1:39 PM
As some may have noticed and mentioned, the Facebook version is very different from the downloadable one. There are no potions, no celestial/lunar towers, you don't need to build fire pits, and some other things that are not in the Facebook version.

But there are things in the Facebook version that aren't in the downloadable My Tribe. The most obvious is being able to visit your friends' islands. Another obvious thing is the pearls. These are used to get some stuff for tribe, instead of waiting for your tribespeople to gather or relying on luck for good crates. And speaking of crates, they're now slot machines kind of deal (and you can't lose).

I won't reveal too much, as they're either in the first-play tutorial or along the way. In any case, there are some different things you'd have to do, but it's still the same general goal.

......[/explaining rant]

Now for the reason for my reply...

Bug report
When you upgrade a storehouse and it finishes before you login the game, the tribespeople don't gather resources until you log on again. For example, last night, I checked that there are a mere 5 minutes done from upgrading the wood storehouse from storing 2000 to 5000. And right now (15 hours later), I log back on, and I noticed that the wood amount is still 2000. Then I noticed that the wood gatherers JUST started to gather wood (2001 wood amount a few seconds later).

(and in case you think they're just starving (which would cause them to stop working), they have plenty of food).

They do gather resources when you're logged off if nothing special is happening to the storehouses. Just when a storehouse is finishes upgrading before you log on is the problem.

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 1:53:29 PM PST

[Post New]by Mommy91 on Mar 23, 10 2:47 PM
I have played this on the download version. Now I am playing on FB. I have all the same problems as the woman from Alaska. I have a legendary scientist and he does nothing at the fountain. And I have a legendary rock person and they do nothing on the fossil rock. FB needs a forum for this game

[Post New]by fmbbga on Mar 24, 10 7:23 PM
can anyone help me out, I'm having a problem with my construction upgrade. On my upcoming events it says it has 2 secs left when I know it should have been done early this past afternoon. I have saved and exited, logged in logged out and nothing at all. Is there a way to fix this or is anyone having this same problem?

[Post New]by jayther on Mar 26, 10 2:27 PM
I haven't had that problem, fmbbga. What are you trying to upgrade?

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Mar 30, 10 10:35 AM
Welcome to the pond jayther, Mommy91, and fmbbga!

If you're having some trouble with My Tribe on Facebook, you may want to check out our My Tribe FAQ.

If you're still having trouble, you can click on the Contact Us link from the FAQ page to get in touch with Customer Support.

-bfgOkeechobee

[Post New]by mcontrol on Mar 30, 10 12:25 PM
So - I upgraded my SS and it says it can hold 200,000 points yet even though I have tribesmen 'researching' it will not take the points above 10,000 so I can get the next thing towards building my shipyard! wth am i doing wrong? The FAQ is unclear and doesn't break things out by 'item' etc. HELP!

(and yes they completed construction after I logged off - but when I logged back in - they were continuing to research yet the points weren't being accounted for!) ARgh!

[Post New]by parrish706 on Apr 2, 10 2:09 AM
i need help with the stump.. how strong do you have to be to lift it?

Problems with game on Facebook

[Post New]by jebaird on Apr 3, 10 7:12 PM
I am having problems with the game. Every time I try to click a button like, "ok", "Preserve", etc. the button doesn't work. I have to click it several times until it will finally work. Am I doing something wrong?

[Post New]by andrewo1 on Apr 4, 10 4:49 AM
plz add me as i need to level up faster

gailsgame
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by gailsgame on Apr 5, 10 9:15 AM
Mommy91 wrote:I have played this on the download version. Now I am playing on FB. I have all the same problems as the woman from Alaska. I have a legendary scientist and he does nothing at the fountain. And I have a legendary rock person and they do nothing on the fossil rock. FB needs a forum for this game

I haven't played the fb version, but there was one more step in solving the fountain mystery than just putting a legendary scientist on it in my downloadable version of MT.

I haven't posted the solution as it will be a spoiler so I don't know how that goes here, but I can post it if people say to.

Edited on 04/05/2010 at 9:16:33 AM PST

[Post New]by Aggeloi on Apr 5, 10 9:39 AM
I have also been having trouble with My Tribe. Today I just found out that my tribe members have maxed the science out - 10k. The problem is, there's nothing in the science section that I can research with only 10k science anymore - I've already gotten everything! And the next technology step requires 350k science... but my capacity is only 10k. Am I totally missing something? Do I have to use pearls to increase the capacity at this point or something lame like that? Help!

[Post New]by jayther on Apr 5, 10 11:39 PM
Aggeloi wrote:I have also been having trouble with My Tribe. Today I just found out that my tribe members have maxed the science out - 10k. The problem is, there's nothing in the science section that I can research with only 10k science anymore - I've already gotten everything! And the next technology step requires 350k science... but my capacity is only 10k. Am I totally missing something? Do I have to use pearls to increase the capacity at this point or something lame like that? Help!
That's odd...you can't upgrade the science center? My tribespeople have gone to a max (the upgrade level before 1 million science points, which i think is either 200k or 500k). I just recently upgraded the science center to a max 1 million (1.00m, as it says), and my tribespeople are now at almost 70k. Are you sure you're upgrading your science center?

If you can't upgrade your science center (no upgrade button on the sidebar when you click on the science center), I think you'd have to reach a certain player level to be able to do so. I don't remember.

[Post New]by Gandygoo on Apr 6, 10 1:54 PM
so far i have a level 20 scientist and put her onto the fountainshe said she did not feel wise enough so i then leveled her to a wise elder and still says not wise enough! am getting slightly peeved as just to get this high has taken sooooo long and still no fruits of my labor! barren bush is just as bad the levels needed are rediciously high! i have completed that mistery but dont want to put in a spoiler, unlessasked

[Post New]by Madeleina on Apr 6, 10 7:21 PM
Alright.. so I am new to this game and I am to the point of the solving the mystery items on my Island. Through a friend I found out how to solve the barren tree. Though... I still have the statue with the ring for what I think is for flowers and the rusty red colored pillar stone. Any clues as to what happens with these things? I have read over the facebook faq and not found any help. I do not want to resort to searching for cheats but I am slightly peeved at the inability to solve these puzzles. Please help!

Madeleina
Email: [email removed by moderator]

Edited on 07/03/2010 at 11:11:20 AM PST

[Post New]by Buttersnack on Apr 7, 10 10:58 AM
Oh wow, even jayther is here. Hello!

I prefer the original version of this game, but it's interesting to see how the free Facebook version differs.

I was sad to see no Grubby Games logo. Oh well.

Go to: