crankycase
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

rusty window latch artists room

[Post New]by crankycase on Aug 31, 16 2:16 PM
I know I'm supposed to oil the latch but I don't have an oil can in my inventory. Had it earlier to oil the lion, but after that, it's gone.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:rusty window latch artists room

[Post New]by tookat on Sep 1, 16 4:48 PM
You are going to have to go into the past and do a bunch of stuff to get a lantern, and then a can to decant into.

keep playing the game and looking for other things to do, like talking to Richard....and opening the other game windows....and looking for when the time travel talisman starts glowing an moving.

[Post New]by elainerabit on Sep 2, 16 6:21 AM
Same here no oil can

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Sep 2, 16 11:17 AM
welcome to the pond elainerabit .

Are you in the Artist's room with Dorian and his portrait?
If so, the answer is the same as above.

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Sep 4, 16 11:27 AM
It seems to be a glitch that the oil can dissapears if you do things in a particular sequence
I was fine the first time round
repeated the game in a slightly different order and my oil can dissapeared

wendy

crankycase
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by crankycase on Sep 6, 16 5:09 PM
oliversgranny was correct. The only way I was able to progress beyond the rusty hinge, was to start the game from the beginning and, when I reached that point in the game, I oiled the window hinge first. After that, the oli can stayed in my inventory until it was no longer needed. These games are usually linear in nature, meaning you have to do things in a certain order. If you try to do something out of sequence, the game will not usually let you. Apparently in this case, you can. Probably a slight glitch in the software. thanks all for your replies.

Edited on 09/06/2016 at 5:10:36 PM PST

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Sep 18, 16 12:30 PM
Oh you are kidding. You mean I've got to do the whole boring thing right from the start? I think I can sense the uninstall button beckoning.

Go to: