Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Expedition: The Eternal Emperor Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 1, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/01/2016 at 6:56:11 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Expedition: The Eternal Emperor Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 1, 16 5:28 AM
Short review as I've got a cold and feel awful

Miles better than the last Hidden Expedition, which was frankly pretty awful. I'm a sucker for Chinese culture anyway, so this game was probably always going to appeal to me. Typical Eipix fare in some places but enough differences to make it much less 'cookie-cutter' than some of their other recent games. I liked the story, the graphics are lovely, the music is very oriental and the collectibles are not easy to see.
Some good puzzles and a map that transports, together with a fully customisable mode of play, makes this one of Eipix's best games to date.

Just one question though: did these explorers learn nothing from the Tutankhamun expedition?? Opening old tombs can be very hazardous to your health. You have been warned

No technical issues with the demo which lasted the full 90 minutes. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Expedition: The Eternal Emperor Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 1, 16 6:57 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Hidden Expedition: The Eternal Emperor Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Hidden Expedition: The Eternal Emperor Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Sep 1, 16 7:45 AM
Not a terrible game. Game play is involved and fairly straight forward. Some of the items to be used were different. Puzzles were good but easy. However, I personally felt items were too small and scenes were too busy. And the map was horrible. Took forever to open and not very detailed but it did work. Might be an okay SE. Not my cup of tea. Pun intended. Try it, you might like it.

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Sep 1, 16 2:11 PM
Well, while it may be fun for some, it's not fun for me. 5 minutes into the game I had to find jewels. With some, a rock had to be moved. So, you have to figure out which rock, which item needs to be moved to find the jewel. But then, you are penalized and can't move your cursor because you were clicking too much! What one has to do is click.....click.....click....click.... You can't just click click click! I have better things to do than try to find out which objects move and which don't. It also seems pretty picky on just where on an item you can click and actually have it work. I clicked on one gem 4 times before it selected the item. Not for me - no buy.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 1, 16 2:48 PM
Hello friends! Well, unless my count is wrong, this makes #10 in this series. I have most, but not all. As always, I review mostly on the game play and not the story, as others do a much better job of that than I. The graphics in this game didn't seem quite as clear and crisp as in the others, but wasn't bad either. Colors weren't as bright as in most of the HE game, but were nicely done. Game play was very good, with no problems, and the scenes fit my large screen very well. Some of the voice overs sounded like they were just going through the motions, but for the most part, they were well done, and age and character appropriate. The music was nice, but not quite as heavy on the Asian sound as others. Sound FX are very well done.

HOPs are a combination of silhouettes, interactive lists and picture riddle type (not sure what they are really called). They are clean and clear and items are not difficult to find. You do have to find a morphing object in each of 15 HOP scenes. They morph fairly quickly, so be on the lookout. I did not see that you could switch to another game if you did not care for the HOPs. Puzzles were not difficult, but a couple did take me some time and thought to complete. Hint system is helpful, but occasionally just say "move elsewhere," which is annoying. We do have the transport feature for longer distances.

Collectibles are not many in this game. We have to find 40 "signs" which look like a figure 8 of two dragons connected together. They are plenty large enough to see and not difficult to find. We also have fact cards that give you more information about various aspects of the game and the characters. All in all, very simple.

This story was a little different, predictable. Some interactive items were quite small and those areas did not zoom in for a cut scene. I accidentally found something I needed, but couldn't see what it was until it landed in my inventory. I really like this series, and as I said, I have most all of the games...8 of the 10. I was disappointed in a few things, as listed above, but I like this well enough to add it to my collection and make it 9 out of 10. There is not a lot of challenge in this game, but I think all levels of players will find this one interesting.

Give it a try and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

cherleadford
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by cherleadford on Sep 1, 16 2:55 PM
Thanks angelfish006 and dancemom1 for your reviews. Always appreciate them as they are a big help to me.
Get well soon angelfish006

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Sep 1, 16 9:36 PM
I'm rather on the fence with this one...not much for extras and the gameplay was rather simple although it was all presented very well. I did enjoy the story line and something did feel "different" (better) than the last game. Dunno...probably an SE for me except for a good sale.
Happy gaming!!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Expedition: The Eternal Emperor Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Bartsister on Sep 11, 16 8:24 AM
Based on completed game and bonus chapter

I loved this game and thought it was very fun and had many different elements that the standard.

I liked the story in this one. It's a save the world story (of course), but I thought it was presented well and a bit differently than the norm. Bonus chapter starts in a familiar place and takes you to new scenes, so was not just HOPs and puzzles overlaid to fill time and space.

Graphics as always are well done. I'm not one for the whole special effects action thing, but I have the say some of those cut scenes late in the game were fantastic and did make me stop and say - wow! So, if you're into those things...

Challenge was varied and good. Eipix tends to place the more difficult puzzles after the demo, so I think you will find it if you play. HOP scenes were interactive in new ways and to figure them out and get the morphs - well, I did not win any 60 sec HOP achievements in my play through! No repeating mini-games throughout the game. HOPs and puzzles were very done on the whole.

I thought the length was good - especially for the time it took me to solve a couple of those puzzles! I really do recommend this game wholeheartedly. Eipix put a lot of effort into this one and it definitely shows. I thought this was an excellent offering.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Sep 24, 16 7:33 PM
sure is a lot better than the other hidden expedition ones. map was a little hard to read.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Oct 6, 16 3:53 PM
finally finished too awhile as I got bored.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Oct 27, 16 11:13 PM
Short and simple, I really enjoyed this game, especially since we saw the Chinese Tomb Treasures when they visited the Museum in North Texas.
I liked everything, story-line, graphics, all the theme items in the scenes, the sounds/music and game-play Great job Dev's

out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale.

Played on desktop PC running Windows 10 with no problems .

[Post New]by pamela5796 on Dec 12, 16 1:47 AM
Can't get game to launch. Game Manager says I already own it. Why won't it launch?

Go to: