Achievements

[Post New]by CherylParker on Sep 1, 16 3:15 PM
Excited about new achievements. Most seem self explanatory. Except the Bling Bling Choose style over practicality. Does anyone know anything about this one? I ask because you cannot replay a profile. I would really hate to start and find out I missed something. I haven't started yet and am hoping it will be obvious to receive this achievement. Any hints will help. Thank you.

redknight
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Achievements

[Post New]by redknight on Sep 1, 16 6:55 PM
Yep. It is pretty hard to miss. There's one point, outside the villain's office, when you need to get something from a vending machine. Just make sure to click both buttons and you'll get the achievement.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Sep 1, 16 8:01 PM
Thanks Redknight! Probably would have missed that.
Do you or anyone else know if these achievements are gotten in the order the are written down? I got the first one Painful Truth which is the first of the 9 extra achievements very early in the game.
I am still in the tomb and there are a lot of traps. And a lot of dragons. I hope you don't have to keep touching things. For example in another game by a different dev I had to touch a skeleton 12 times to get an achievement. So just wondering if it's the same here.

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Sep 2, 16 12:40 AM
I'm confused - what trap do you play with & what dragon statue do you pet? Also, how do you find out what happened to the servants (Painful Truth achievement)? Thanks for any help.

Edited on 09/02/2016 at 2:51:52 AM PST

[Post New]by CherylParker on Sep 2, 16 11:22 AM
For Painful Truth Achievement Highlight below
When you are entering the tomb there are 3 locks. After you play the first mini-game with putting the animals in the right spot you move up. Before you play the second mini-game you can see murals to the left and right just click on either side. You should get it.

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Sep 2, 16 12:54 PM
Thanks Cheryl. Do you know which dragon statue to pet & which trap to play with?

[Post New]by CherylParker on Sep 2, 16 1:08 PM
I am assuming we get this achievements in order. I got the first 3 that way. But now I don't know cause I got show interest in Eugene's lab. But that comes after Decide not to climb the rock. So no I haven't gotten that far in the game yet.
Do you know how to Going Down? I missed it didn't I? It's in the elevator right?
If I get the Pet the dragon and Play with trap I will post as soon as I get them. I thought they were in the tomb. But now I think they are farther in the game.

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Sep 2, 16 1:47 PM
I haven't gotten that far. If I get that far before you post, I'll tell you about the Going Down achievement. When I stopped, I hadn't had a choice of not climbing the rock. Thankfully I saved my game cause I have to start from where you do those 3 puzzles at the beginning of the tomb. I had already did all 3 & didn't know the painful truth achievement was at the right of the 2nd puzzle. I have to start from there again. Thankfully I wasn't that far ahead. I stopped at chapter 2, page 1. Ok, thanks Cheryl. And if I get pet the dragon and play with the trap achievements before you post, I can tell you which dragon and which trap.

Edit: Cheryl, so far I got Painful Truth, Bling Bling, & Moving Art in order. Next is that Going Down. I'll post about it if you haven't by that time. I don't think it has to do with the elevator, but, I don't know. I already did the elevator puzzle & the doors opened & I'm in that bad guy's office and I did the Moving Art achievement. I'll keep my eyes open for the Going Down (decide not to climb the rock).

Edited on 09/02/2016 at 4:14:18 PM PST

[Post New]by CherylParker on Sep 2, 16 4:57 PM
Jaldeer Okay the achievements are in order.
Spoiler Alert only highlight if you want the answers for these achievements.
For Going Down Highlight below
After you leave the Artworks office there is another elevator to get atop the mountain or rock. You have to make sure you press the down button first. If you press the top you will miss the achievement. This elevator is in the scene Glass Bridge.
For Dragon Lover highlight below
You will see a dragon in the courtyard when you get to the desert. Just click on him. Usually these achievements have questions marks by them.
Now Eugene's Little Helper is before Dragon Lover and after Going Down. If you want that answer highlight below
After you get off the elevator in the Garden. There is what looks like a balcony made from glass it's on the right side right after the sign we collect throughout the game Just click on that.
Have fun playing.

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Sep 2, 16 5:14 PM
Thanks so much Cheryl! I don't want to miss any of these and have to start over. One more question - about the spelunking achievement, how do you get this? Do you stick around in a cave and click anywhere? I assume the trap one you keep clicking on the trap, right? And saying goodbye to Huang, go through the conversation or click on him?

[Post New]by CherylParker on Sep 2, 16 7:19 PM
I believe the Spelunking and Cheating Death are in the bonus chapter. I just finished the game now. But haven't started the bonus chapter. I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow. Kind of tired now.
But Sweet Victory is highlight below.
Once Sam has grabbed him and the conversation has run it's course just click on Huang.
Sorry about all the highlighting. But I don't want anyone mad at me.
I had missed the Going Down one and I knew what I had done wrong so I started all over. That's why I am almost sure the last 2 are in the bonus chapter. Because they are all in order. And Eugene doesn't show up again. I had help with 1. I can't believe I got the rest on my own. That's a first.
Jaldeer if you start the bonus chapter before I get to it tomorrow. Just remember to click on the question marks look around for them.

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Sep 2, 16 9:21 PM
Thanks Cheryl. That's ok. I know some people like to figure it out on their own, but, I'm not one of them when it comes to achievements like that. I hate missing one & then have to start over. I'm fixing to start the game back up. I left it at Chapter 5 (we went to eat & go to the grocery store). Ya, since I'm at Chapter 5 & I stay up late, I'll probably get to the bonus chapter before you. If that happens & I do get the spelunking & cheating death & you don't get it, I'll tell you in a pm how to get them (I don't know how to highlight just the answers in a post).

Edit: You were right. The spelunking achievement & the cheating death achievement is in the bonus. I got them both. If you want to know where they are, you can pm me. I'm surprised I got them on my own.

Edited on 09/03/2016 at 3:54:55 AM PST

[Post New]by CherylParker on Sep 3, 16 7:57 AM
Thanks Jaldeer. Glad you found them in the bonus.
I know what you mean about having to replay. I wouldn't mind but you can't play under the same profile. If I miss these in the bonus I can't just replay the bonus. If I can ask this. Are they hard to find? If not then I kind of want to try it. Watch I'll be too confident and miss them. If I miss them I will PM you. Thanks.

smck325
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by smck325 on Sep 3, 16 8:36 AM
Hello everyone. I am missing the last two achievements in the bonus chapter. Will someone please tell me where they can be found? I know I will have to start all over, but just need to finish all the achievements!! If you will just answer using white-out I would be so grateful. Thanks.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Sep 3, 16 1:16 PM
For the Spelunking Achievement highlight below.
Before you go into the botanist's house you have to go down to the cave first.
For Cheating Death highlight below.
When you get to the Physicians Chamber there is what looks like a big egg. There is an eye for the zoom in. And then those whatever come swinging. You have to touch that egg thing a few more times until you get achievement.
Hope this helps Smck325.

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Sep 3, 16 2:32 PM
Glad you found them on your own. I certainly wouldn't have minded telling you where to get them in a pm. I didn't think they were hard to find. The Spelunking achievement, when I got to Eugene's place, my first instinct was to go in the cave since that was probably how you get that achievement and when I saw that trap in the physician's chamber, I thought that was the trap you play with considering at that point that was the only trap you have come across and the game wasn't far from being completed.

Edited on 09/03/2016 at 2:33:22 PM PST

smck325
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by smck325 on Sep 3, 16 4:23 PM
thanks CherylParker and jaldeer for your response! I will spend tomorrow playing the game again. Do not mind since I loved the game. Spent last week playing all my Hidden Expedition games over again, so was so excited to get a new one! Thanks again!

[Post New]by CherylParker on Sep 3, 16 5:40 PM
I almost didn't go to the cave first. Glad I did.

[Post New]by MissPoufy on Sep 16, 16 8:17 PM
I LOVE this game....but I am STUCK on "Sweet Victory", say good-bye to Huang. How can I get this achievement? Thanks!

[Post New]by Ravenhearst3 on Nov 30, 16 11:07 PM
Sweet Victory - Click on Huang being held by Sam after you distracted him in the "Throne Room". Don't click on anything else or go anywhere cause when you return, Huang and Sam won't be there anymore.

Go to: