Stuck in printing press room

[Post New]by tigerhusker on Oct 12, 08 10:18 AM
Just got the printing press to print. No new room opened. Help! How do you continue?

bgarcia
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Stuck in printing press room

[Post New]by bgarcia on Oct 12, 08 6:41 PM
How did you get it to print? Please???????

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 13, 08 4:27 AM
bgarcia,

To get the printing press to work you should insert fresh paper and the handle.

The fresh paper is on the table in the center of the room. There are several papers on the table so just click on them all.

There are two wooden chairs on the far right side of the screen. The handle is hidden next to one of the chair legs that is closest to the right edge of the screen.
After you insert the handle in the press, click on it to print the music outline.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 13, 08 4:37 AM
nemesis45679 wrote:I'm stuck in exactly the same place. I've found all of the available fragments, and no new room has opened. The map shows 0 for all available rooms, but nothing new has opened (and I've checked- no completed songs that I've not solved).

Is this some sort of bug?

Do you have 4 rooms with all zeros and one room with an X through it? Or do have 5 rooms on the map that show all zeros?

If you have 5 rooms on the map that show all zeros and all of the songs in the book have the word SOLVED beside them then you have finished the game.

You have to go all the way back to the beginning of the book to check for puzzles that are not Solved. Some of the puzzles near the beginning of the book are the last to be available to Solve.

nemesis45679
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by nemesis45679 on Oct 15, 08 5:16 PM
I've got 5 rooms with zeroes, but I'm still missing pieces of some of the songs:

2 from The Entertainer
1 from Auld Lang Syne
1 from Toreador
1 from Fur Elise
1 from Ode to Joy

Yet all the rooms claim there's no more pieces to find. The map looks like there should be a sixth room- there's space for one, but nothing's opened up.

I know I haven't beaten the game because the compose my own option isn't available yet.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 15, 08 7:10 PM
Taciturn fish,

In the message from nemesis45679 she says that she doesn't have all the pieces for Fur Elise that's why I think it is the William Tell Overture that still needs to be solved. When the William Tell Overture is solved it gives you the final piece you need for Fur Elise.

jolim
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jolim on Oct 17, 08 7:03 PM
Thanks for the guide for the pressing room, just completed the game! Loved this game, but just simply too short!

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Oct 18, 08 1:39 PM
Thanks loads; just could not find press handle! Really enjoyed game. Spent two days playing; Really engrossed by it. Now need to find another game to play!!!!!!!!!!!

nemesis45679
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by nemesis45679 on Nov 3, 08 5:30 PM
THANK YOU! I had looked and looked at my book (and probably looked too much) and did finally see that William Tell hadn't been solved, and that opened up all the others in sequence. I loved this game, but it was waaaay too short.

lindataf
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by lindataf on Dec 12, 08 4:25 AM
LizzieK wrote:Check in your book and see if the William Tell Overture is Solved. When it is Solved the other songs will start to be available to be Solved.

There are only 5 rooms in the game, I wish there were 10!

I agree LizzieK...I hope they will come out w/sequel!!! I noticed a number of fishies didn't like this game, but I found it intriquing! I finally used a game credit and got it yesterday when I got back from making it through the snow to work, just to have the mayor declare it a 'snow' day, (here in Baton Rouge we're simply not equipped for the white stuff) and finished it in a couple of hours...so that was the only disappointment. GEAUX Musaic Box, but make the next one LONGER!!!

Go to: