bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Your comments and reviews for 2 Tasty

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 15, 10 9:13 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of 2 Tasty? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

-bfgZambezi

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews for 2 Tasty

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Mar 15, 10 11:12 AM
I don't cook ,let them make it themselves. I don't need the money that bad!!

[Post New]by orlandomiki on Mar 15, 10 11:23 AM
I beta tested this game and loved it...Have been waiting for months for BF to get it....Imagine how happy I was when I turned on the computer this morning...

This game is very similar to Go Go Gourmet....Whether you like to cook or not it is a fun game....It can get very aggravating when you get on the higher levels but still fun and well worth the money..

Kind of a cross between TM and ****......

Give it a try and have fun gaming.....

maggiegs
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by maggiegs on Mar 15, 10 12:29 PM
This game is awful. I wasted a credit on it, and it does not work correctly. First, it says you need $100.00 to buy a pot. But, you can't buy it without $200.00. Then, it is stuck on Level 10. I can't believe they would market this game with the obvious problems in it. I am going to be writing for my credit back.

hagenme
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by hagenme on Mar 15, 10 12:32 PM
Nice game I really enjoyed the demo. It will go on my list of must haves. I got thru the 10 level with no problems.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Mar 15, 10 12:45 PM
hagenme wrote:Nice game I really enjoyed the demo. It will go on my list of must haves. I got thru the 10 level with no problems.

Were you able to progress to the next restaurant after that? Lots of folks are unable to do so; no one yet has posted that they were able to proceed.

[Post New]by Bacchus473 on Mar 15, 10 1:32 PM
This is the second day in a row that I have downloaded the new game from Big Fish and it doesn't work properly. After completing level 10, no other levels available. I have been a member for serveral years and have never had any problems...but two days in a row??? Quality control needs inprovement at Big Fish Games. Since I have already used a credit to purchse this game, I hope the issues that many have been having with 2 Tasty are resolved. I have a new computer with Windows 7, all my drivers etc. are the newest. Seriously considering canceling my membership if the daily games continue to have problems.

Lou34
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Lou34 on Mar 15, 10 1:46 PM
downloaded the game on trial, luved it. used my creidt on it and now im stuck. cant get onto any other level passed level 10. got expert in all and though it would work but no nothing. so not happy bout this, want my credit back for this

Pixie222
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Pixie222 on Mar 15, 10 1:51 PM
I've just wasted a credit only to get stuck on level 10. not impressed! hope this bug gets sorted soon....

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 15, 10 2:06 PM
Doesn't anyone look at the other threads??? BF is aware of the problem and they are working on it. It's posted in at least 2 threads in this game's forum.

A new build is probably coming so relax.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Mar 15, 10 2:58 PM
Blackie61958 wrote:I don't cook ,let them make it themselves. I don't need the money that bad!!

Glad I am not the only one with that attitude ...

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Mar 15, 10 3:03 PM
Played for about 15 minutes and quit. I played the relax mode but found it rather boring due to the repitition of the game.

As we are all individuals, we like different games. I see there are some fishies that like and others that do not .. Thank goodness for variety.

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Mar 15, 10 4:00 PM
Just finished the demo and I rather like the game... other than the technical issues that you are already aware of. (Doesn't move forward past the first bakery and the recipes are wrong for some of them)

It is a first person type with a couple of rooms (perhaps more as we get further into the game) that you switch between with a right click or by clicking on an arrow. The story is sort of cute and interesting, which makes the game even better. The graphics are good and clear for the most part and if you can't figure out what something is by looking at it, if you hover over it for a bit it will tell you.

I'd love to copy down the recipes and try them out... except that some of them are wrong (salad instead of cake). So I'll wait to see what happens when the fix-up arrives.

Will we be able to demo the game again once it's been fixed? It would be nice to be able to, so that we really know what the game is about and can then decide if we want to buy it or not.

[Post New]by orlandomiki on Mar 15, 10 5:12 PM
I am at the Valentine Shop with no problems....I have bought upgrades also...Don't understand why everyone is having such problems....I am running Vista which I am sure many others are....I beta tested this, then demoed on another site then here, where I purchased and so far smooth sailing....Hope everyone gets it straightened out soon so they can pull their hair out along with me...LOL...

amore
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by amore on Mar 15, 10 6:14 PM
cant get onto any other level passed level 10.i've just wasted a credit on it

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 15, 10 6:21 PM
I only got to about level 7 in the demo so I didn't get to see if I could progress beyond the bakery.

This game is almost identical to Gourmania although in many ways Gourmania is, imo, a better game--more polished, and better graphics. Even the food items are often the same (such as sugar cubes, crystal cup, etc). This is a cute game too.

I do like how in 2 Tasty you get to swap back and forth between rooms though, that is cool, Gourmania does not have that.

I may get this one because I love games about FOOD!!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 15, 10 6:23 PM
amore wrote:cant get onto any other level passed level 10.i've just wasted a credit on it

you won't have wasted a credit. BF will either fix the problem and have an updater available, or you can get a refund if they can't fix the game. So don't think you've "wasted a credit."

scrpbkr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by scrpbkr on Mar 15, 10 6:57 PM
I tried this game and I lasted only through the demo on how to play. This is set up like Gourmania, but not even close in quality. I wasn't even interested in playing it. I like Gourmania. This one I didn't.

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Mar 15, 10 8:36 PM
My review after 1 hour demo:

Level: Easy

Playability: Poor. The game took FOREVER to download, and a little longer than usual to install. Play was somewhat sluggish; had to click on items more than once sometimes to get them and the names took several seconds to appear over the items, wasting precious time. (I am running this on Vista.) I notice there is a special topic for tech issues - not a good sign!

Likes: Combines two of my favorite types of games - HOG and TM You get two cooking pots on the stove to start off with.

Dislikes: Besides playability issues, the story is long and appears between every level. Fortunately, you can skip through it, but it's still a pain since it runs so slow. I'd rather see the story in between restaurants, and of course, completely skippable if you wish. You don't get to shop much for upgrades - I only bought one thing, the only thing it would let me buy - in the entire time I was playing. I also couldn't seem to work the SOS button...

Suggestions: Could be a good game if you can get it playing correctly.

Will I buy it? If they fix the tech issues, maybe. I would probably wait until it's $2.99, thought - just not enough wow factor for me.

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Mar 15, 10 8:42 PM
Bacchus473 wrote: I have a new computer with Windows 7, all my drivers etc. are the newest. Seriously considering canceling my membership if the daily games continue to have problems.

Windows 7 sucks! I have it on my new computer, too, and NOTHING is compatible with it yet - not my scanner, my camera, most of my games, Corel Office. I'm guessing MS released it before any of the other software companies could adapt. I don't know if they even plan on adapting - I contacted the scanner and camera companies and all I get is "sorry, it's not compatible with Windows 7." Well, the scanner is older, but the camera we just bought!

Fortunately, I have a laptop with Vista that can run all these things; it's just a pain when I have to scan then print stuff cuz I have to email it to the W7 desktop to print. Ain't modern technology great?

Anyways, I had issues with this game on my Vista computer, too. I guess BF is working on it? Here's hoping...

Edited on 03/15/2010 at 8:43:40 PM PST

Go to: