Only get black screen when I try to play

[Post New]by Puzzlers2 on Sep 2, 16 6:37 PM
This is the 3rd game from BigFish that I've had this problem with. I've tried all the fixes from all the articles that even remotely might have related and nothing works. I sent in a ticket with a Dr Felix report 3 weeks ago for another of the games that I have the exact same issue with and I've gotten NO help. Instead, I've gotten 2 emails from Tech Support saying they haven't read my letter explaining my problem yet, and if they don't hear back from me in 72 hours, they'll assume I no longer need help, but if I'm still having the problem, try these articles. Or I can use this coupon link to buy a different game or I can just keeping waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting............PLEASE if anyone else has had the problem of, when they click on the game to open it, it goes to a black screen where your cursor is only visible in a limited area right in the middle of the screen and that's all that happens, tell me what you've done to fix it. I'm on a new MSI Windows 10 gaming laptop with everything up to date and none of the compatibility troubleshooting has worked (or any other fixes, for that matter). I just joined BigFish a month ago and I'm feeling really discouraged that so many of the games I've bought won't work and I can't get any help.

REL2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Only get black screen when I try to play

[Post New]by REL2 on Sep 11, 16 10:58 PM
Same issue/same attempted fixes/ same OS / same response from BFG. Other old games purchased years ago have been fine on Windows 10. Only Safecracker will not work.

BFG Customer service used to be great...happy I am no longer a member if you've been waiting 3 weeks.

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Only get black screen when I try to play

[Post New]by mlc9 on Jan 14, 17 10:01 AM
I have found the answer finally in getting past the black screen issue. If you have Windows 10 - Open control panel, select device manager and disable display adapters. The game now works great! By the way, if the game doesn't kick of from the bfg game manager just run the game from it's folder under C Program Files 86

Go to: