burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Is this a glitch?

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 15, 10 1:48 PM
Is this a glitch or am I missing something in the instructions?

Here's the situation: In the puzzles where there is an odd-shaped puzzle (something other than a square or a rectangle), I fill it in with a perfectly correct solution, according to the rules. But the solution is not recognized by the game as correct. If I switch a couple of numbers around the game might call the puzzle finished or it might not. If I keep at it, eventually the game will say I've finished the puzzle.

The thing is, in every case I have a different number for each node of a strand, a different number in each node for each side and in each line parallel to a side. I have met every condition for solving in each case, yet the game seems to want one exact solution, though many others may be equally "correct".

This happened early in the game with the first triangle puzzle. And again with the last (4th) puzzle to solve to get the crane talisman. It's sort of a left leaning hexagon shape with three strands of six numbers each. Any ideas?

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:Is this a glitch?

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Sep 6, 11 12:26 PM

Hmmm.... I was thinking about purchasing this game since it's at a DD and despite the fact that it's a timed game but if this game is only going to accept 1 solution when there's many variations to meet the same goal, I'm not so sure now.

I think that I'm going to have to ponder more on this because I've got a few games already that have ended up being "trashed" due to my inability to beat the clock and I don't need the above-mentioned "problem" added to the mix.

MEnr56

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Sep 6, 11 7:57 PM
I played the demo till it threw me out, trying to figure out how to play. (I've never encountered a "stream" in a regular sudoku puzzle.) I never saw a timer; does it come later? I bought the game, hoping I could eventually wrap my feeble mind around it; never would have if I'd thought there was a timer. I couldn't believe I'd played for an hour. Oh dear, what have I done?

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Sep 7, 11 9:55 PM
There's no timer in Adventure mode.

In the triangles there cannot be any duplicates in *any* line that is parallel to any side. That caught me at first when I thought I had a solution. Hope this helps!

Pretty tricky puzzles!

Go to: