Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Realm: Lord of the Winds Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 3, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/03/2016 at 8:44:31 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Realm: Lord of the Winds Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Sep 3, 16 8:44 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgLianorm

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Realm: Lord of the Winds Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Sep 3, 16 8:54 AM
Getting critical error, not enough video memory, but other games that I am trying are working just fine in the demo mode.

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Sep 3, 16 9:16 AM
When I tried to watch the video for this game there was no sound. I double-checked to be certain that the problem wasn't on my end by checking out other game-videos here on BFG. All other game-videos played fine when I did so. Using Desktop Windows 10 - 64 Bit.

Edited on 09/04/2016 at 5:21:29 AM PST

[Post New]by clpayne on Sep 3, 16 10:52 AM
Downloads fully but won't install. Says "error downloading" Windows 10 64 bit.

[Post New]by CindoxAnarchy on Sep 3, 16 11:37 AM
I click on the dark realm button and all it says is update now. I can't try the game or anything. I know there is nothing wrong with my cards. I called the credit card companies and everything is fine. All the other games I click on have the play now and buy now buttons, and I am able to click the buy now button on any of them and it works. This game does not!!! Please help.

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by ogosundori on Sep 3, 16 12:41 PM

Edited on 09/04/2016 at 9:46:41 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 3, 16 3:00 PM
littlemom4 wrote:Getting critical error, not enough video memory, but other games that I am trying are working just fine in the demo mode.

Same here. Have hundreds of games, and have tried many others, but not enough video memory for this one. I will console myself with the fact that I hated the last game in the series.

[Post New]by PandaBlueBaby on Sep 3, 16 4:57 PM
Game downloads but won't install. Windows 7 Home. No error messages just won't install. I have been a customer for many years. Spent hundreds of dollars on games. I am very upset that there are sooooo many games with issues daily. I have also noticed that I have no problem with the Epix games. But ALL other dev games there are issues. Anyone else notice this? I do not enjoy this site as I once did. And am considering cancelling my memebership. I am so disappointed. I should not have to troubleshoot every game I want to play.

Update: Downloaded after about 30 minutes and was able to play the demo....

Edited on 09/04/2016 at 9:48:28 PM PST

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on Sep 3, 16 11:52 PM
Will not download. Error 3. Windows 10.

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Sep 4, 16 12:51 AM
Aerosage wrote:When I tried to watch the video for this game there was no sound. I double-checked to be certain that the problem wasn't on my end by checking out other game-videos here on BFG. Using Desktop Windows 10 - 64 Bit.

The same thing happened to me yesterday and today. I just checked again and still no audio. I have audio on all other game video's except this game. This has 'never' happened here before & I'm here everyday to check new releases. Using Desktop Windows 7 - 64 bit (fully updated).

[Post New]by EmmSeven20 on Sep 4, 16 12:51 AM
Anyone else notice at the beginning of the game during a puzzle when the healer is narrating the Colossus' history, it skips a big chunk of her story? You can clearly tell something is missing because her dialogue gets cut off, and the next line you hear her say has nothing to do with what she last said.

I thought maybe I mis-clicked and inadvertently did something, so I created another profile and started over. Same thing happened again.

A little irritating because I feel like I missed out on important info to the story.

Also kind of unusual to encounter something like this with Mad Head games.

GR43
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by GR43 on Sep 4, 16 6:40 AM
littlemom4 wrote:Getting critical error, not enough video memory, but other games that I am trying are working just fine in the demo mode.

Same. And I have this problem with 'Shadowplay: darkness incarnate...'

It's frustrating being unable to play games; I wish BF would find fixes (or avoid the need for them). Ultimately, it hits their bottom line as 1. one doesn't buy what one cannot play and 2., if this happens as often as it's been happening with me lately [this error specifically and/or inability to DL, play, etc.], one may look elsewhere for their gaming...

Sorry, it's early AM and I'm grumpy. But it's true. I'm an honest grump!

Edited on 09/04/2016 at 6:43:05 AM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Sep 4, 16 6:22 PM
no issues whatsoever - I'm on a PC all-in-one - win 8.1 (32 bit). Only encountered 1 problem with 1 game (a few years back). I am now into the bonus chapter and so far, entire game has run quite smoothly.

Seems to me that most of the tech problems are with win 10, which is why I won't upgrade to it. Even when I was on win XP, win 7 & Vista - never had issues at all with any games I've d/l and purchased from BFG.

[Post New]by zelda75 on Sep 4, 16 11:50 PM
Im not happy now....its the second geme i got "not enoff video memmory" i have been a member for a loooong time and never inconter this mutch problems like i have done in the end.... Windows 7 on PC. I will cancel my membership if BF dosent do something whit all this defult games. Sick of it.....

[Post New]by McMartin58 on Sep 5, 16 5:38 AM

I have the same problem. Windows XP

I never had that problem with any other game.

[Post New]by wrathy on Sep 6, 16 11:38 AM
i have the same problem with this game as many of my fellow gamers: can't play it due to a critical error "not enough video memory". never had this problem before and my windows vista computer plays MOST games fine. Is it just me or does Big Fish seem to be seling alot of games with terrible faults just lately?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 6, 16 12:10 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to report what issues you are seeing while playing this game. We appreciate your patience while waiting. In instances where a technical issue occurs, we like to generally recommend our Help Pages as they can assist with a multitude of common technical issues when playing our games. Here's a few pages that might assist for the issues that have been reported on this thread.

If you are getting an error message while playing, downloading, or installing this game and there is a number associated with it (e.g. Error Code 3), then the following page could help with what that error is about and how to resolve it or get the help you need to resolve it:

Error Codes in Big Fish Games App.
Error Code 3

If you are seeing a message about not having enough video memory on a PC, I recommend checking the following help pages as they may have steps to help with troubleshooting what is causing that or an explanation of what might be happening:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

If the above doesn't seem to help your specific technical issue, or if you need more assistance for any reason, please be sure to make contact with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide specific troubleshooting steps beyond what the forums are able to give, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all again for your patience and time and I hope this helps out,

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by zelda75 on Sep 7, 16 1:18 AM
Now i have done all the nessery uppdates och uninstall/reinstall...but still the same.."not enoff video memory".... im canceling my membership....i have spend a lot of money on BFG but enoff is enoff now....

DRJ2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by DRJ2 on Sep 7, 16 10:50 AM

Go to: