Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Realm: Lord of the Winds Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 3, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/03/2016 at 8:45:14 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Realm: Lord of the Winds Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by malcolmbart on Sep 3, 16 5:39 AM
After the latest Hidden Expedition, this was BORING. More potions & magic in lieu of intricacy and puzzle solving. I quit halfway through the trial and can see why this is on sale.

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Realm: Lord of the Winds Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jonah11 on Sep 3, 16 7:27 AM
Agree with malcolbart. Very boring and silly Not worthy a CE. I didn't even get half way through the trial.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 3, 16 7:49 AM
Disappointed with this game from one of my favourite developers. Far too many cut scenes and not enough actual game. The demo ran out with 33 minutes left to spare and I felt as though I'd accomplished very little. Mad Head can create amazing games; this isn't one of them.

The graphics, most of the voices, the HOS and puzzles are all done well enough. It's the silly story and complete lack of anything much happening in the demo that lets this game down. The Queen gets on an airship and basically stays there doing repetitive tasks for the entire time..

Maybe it gets better after the demo but the sale isn't tempting for me; there isn't another CE I want, so this game won't be added to my collection. Maybe the SE might be worth a PCC.but not this uninspiring CE. Maybe it's time we had less CE's; it seems to be quantity over quality these days.

No technical issues with the demo which lasted 57 mins. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 3, 16 8:22 AM
Hello Everyone!

The notes I had written from when I played the beta said 'Started out well but went downhill fast. No purchase for me." Unfortunately, my viewpoint hasn't changed at all.

While the graphics were done well..... I ignore the music .... voiceovers were good and, as in most games today, there were several play modes including 'custom'. HOGs are simple list-type with little to no interaction that are supposed to contain morphing objects .... although I didn't find any. Mini games are fun, new and innovative. I admit one stumped me to the point of having to skip it....grrrrr. There are collectible feathers that were easy to find.

The 'bad guy' was no surprise to me. The storyline not very creative. I think so much more could have been on that score.

This is, unfortunately, yet another 'no purchase' in a steady flow of boring games. For those who are on the other end of the spectrum ................

ENJOY!

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Sep 3, 16 8:45 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dark Realm: Lord of the Winds Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Realm: Lord of the Winds Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Sep 3, 16 1:41 PM
In a game of (slooow pace, objectives shown even when asked not to) the deal breaker is a gimmick that you have to play (and replay) a mini-game every time you use it. No thanks.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Sep 3, 16 11:49 PM
Did we play the same game?

I really enjoyed this game, especially as it features the main characters from the previous two games.

Yes, some of the mini games do get repetitive - that's what the Skip Button is for, lol.

BUT, the story is good; the voices are good; the graphics are excellent; and the music is delightful to my ears.

Perhaps if you really really dislike mini games, cut scenes and story lines (and I know some people do) in your HO games, you might enjoy the old style games better? I started out on those when they were all that was available, but once the games with stories arrived, the games just got so much better, imho

As always, try the demo first, but don't be in too much of a rush to delete it. You may find that you enjoy it more later on - that has happened to me quite a few times, lol.

Cheers,

Jen

[Post New]by sammie1212 on Sep 7, 16 9:21 AM
Unfortunately, too, too many cutscenes. I want to play the game, not watch a movie.

Also, I prefer to have a choice of pointers.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Sep 9, 16 2:08 AM
mamajay wrote:Did we play the same game?

I really enjoyed this game, especially as it features the main characters from the previous two games.

Yes, some of the mini games do get repetitive - that's what the Skip Button is for, lol.

BUT, the story is good; the voices are good; the graphics are excellent; and the music is delightful to my ears.

Perhaps if you really really dislike mini games, cut scenes and story lines (and I know some people do) in your HO games, you might enjoy the old style games better? I started out on those when they were all that was available, but once the games with stories arrived, the games just got so much better, imho

As always, try the demo first, but don't be in too much of a rush to delete it. You may find that you enjoy it more later on - that has happened to me quite a few times, lol.

Cheers,

Jen

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Sep 9, 16 2:12 AM
Sorry Jen I got on a muddle withe the "Quote"

I agree with you about this game and also so many games get much better as you go on. I am loving this one.

Linda

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 30, 16 7:15 AM
much the same as the other reviews, boring, way too many cut-scenes

Go to: