drummer1961
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Games like Tradewinds

[Post New]by drummer1961 on Mar 15, 10 8:02 PM
Anyone know of games that are similar to Tradewinds that Bigfish carries. I love the Tradewinds series especially Tradewinds legends.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Games like Tradewinds

[Post New]by robin94122 on Mar 15, 10 10:00 PM
drummer1961 wrote:Anyone know of games that are similar to Tradewinds that Bigfish carries. I love the Tradewinds series especially Tradewinds legends.

The Westward series is by the same publishers and has a lot of similarities in terms of the kinds of humour and the fact that it's a task-based strategy game where you have a lot of choices about which tasks to do when. Big Fish has all four games in that series.

Of course the setting is very different--the Westward series is set in the Old West, and there's more emphasis on exploration, less on trading.

If you like the trading aspects of the Tradewinds series, then the Chocolatier series is very good. Also task-based, wide-ranging. Not much humor, though.

Both of those series, like Tradewinds, tell the story of individual characters rather than just putting you in charge of an anonymous group of citizens, which I think is one of the things that distinguishes them from the usual "Empire Building" genre.

Another game to consider if you've never tried it is Fairy Godmother Tycoon. The humour is very much like Tradewinds Legends, there's an integral business simulation element, and it's fairly complex. No real travel aspects to that one. Most people either love it or don't care for it at all.

If you like puzzles rather than career building and you're looking for something with the type of humor you find in Tradewinds Legends, you might also look at Big Brain Wolf. Lots of logic puzzles in that one, with strong humourous characters and an unusual twist on a Quest-based plot.

Robin

Go to: