bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

New version of Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua (Mac) available now!

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 16, 10 10:08 AM
We have a new version of Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua available now. This new version of the game resolves a crash found to occur in challenges 7 and 11.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. To get the most recent version of the game, see the instructions below to reinstall your game, or check out the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Uninstall a Mac Game

To uninstall a Mac game, move the game to the trash can on your desktop and then empty the can to delete the files.

Reinstall a Mac game

1. Go to your Purchase History and click Install Now next to the game. The activation details needed to unlock your game will also be listed.
2. Double-click the downloaded .dmg file to open it. A game icon will appear in either an installation screen or a folder.
3. Drag the game icon to your Applications folder.
4. Double-click the game icon to open.
5. On the activation screen, enter your activation details: first name, last name, key.
6. Click Unlock full version.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to go to our Help pages.

fishybigs
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:New version of Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua (Mac) available now!

[Post New]by fishybigs on Mar 16, 10 1:44 PM
I downloaded the update, but still have the glitch on the bird game. One bird still won't hold. Am really hoping for a fix on this, since I can't play any further on this game now!

[Post New]by guliramsamsam on Mar 17, 10 8:42 AM
I sent a message to the developper (there is an email on the official website of the game) and they told me that a new version had been sent to Bigfish to fix this.
I hope they will give us this version today!

fishybigs
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by fishybigs on Mar 17, 10 2:21 PM
Would be nice to get any news on this. I'm happy to pay for games, but then I expect them to work. It's been a few days now and I still can't finish the game. Really frustrating. Contacted customer support as well yesterday, but haven't heard back from them either.

[Post New]by LeemanPA on Mar 17, 10 3:41 PM
I did a sector-by-sector comparison of the 'old' game with the supposed 'updated' version. They are IDENTICAL. I guess that BFG has NOT put the new version up as of yet, although they are announcing it. The wait is on! Darn Toucans.. lol

Myssty50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Myssty50 on Mar 17, 10 5:20 PM
Yeah I'm gonna kill me some toucans for sure, I was enjoying the game so much... sigh... I wrote to tech yesterday too, and it's the first time that they haven't responded within 24 hrs for me...

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Mar 18, 10 10:31 AM
My demo kept crashing on the first tanagram. I was able to skip it but it crashed on challenge #24. The new version fixed that crash but it crashed on #31. It restarted OK & I could play #31. The good news was the crash must have messed up the demo's timer. I had 8 minutes left on the demo but I got a least another hour's play before my time was up.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Mar 19, 10 9:17 PM
This is sooooo frustrating!! Its been 3 days since BIG FISH 'supposedly' had a new version!!

[Post New]by guliramsamsam on Mar 20, 10 5:30 AM
If you download the game now, it's ok!

Thanks BFG, but it wasn't as fast as usual :s

Edited on 03/20/2010 at 5:30:48 AM PST

[Post New]by CanonicalKoi on Mar 21, 10 7:59 AM
Except it's not okay. I purchased and downloaded the game last night. I'd think that it'd be the newest build, but the problem reported previously by some folks of the "rule woman" not talking/not being clickable is still there and I can't even get to the first puzzle. I'm on a Mac and got this game because of the rave reviews on "Cult of Mac" and because I've been happy with the BF games I've downloaded from the App Store. I saw at least 4 or 5 other games I wanted to download to my Mac later today. Now? Now I'm thinking I may stick with just downloading the occasional app--the quality control seems a lot better.

I may try uninstalling/reinstalling later, but I my laptop and I need to be places in another hour and I don't have the time to futz with it now. Not mad, just disappointed.

Edited on 03/21/2010 at 8:08:39 AM PST

mizmoose
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mizmoose on Mar 30, 10 8:59 AM
I just bought this game on 3/29/2010. It gets to puzzle 61 and crashes. Repeatedly. I filed a report to Apple. In the report it says that this is game version 1.0
and the crash is due to:
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000021

[Post New]by alexakaruda on Mar 31, 10 7:07 AM
I'm having the same problem on Challenge 61 on the Mac Version. Whenever I try to click the left topmost square, it moves off-screen, then eventually crashes. I've tried buying hints to get around this issue, but it doesn't work.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 31, 10 1:30 PM
alexakaruda wrote:I'm having the same problem on Challenge 61 on the Mac Version. Whenever I try to click the left topmost square, it moves off-screen, then eventually crashes. I've tried buying hints to get around this issue, but it doesn't work.

Okie dokie -- so I won't fill my punch card with this game! Glad I checked here. I'm on a Mac also.

[Post New]by kht186 on Apr 4, 10 7:13 AM
I am also having the same problem with puzzle 61. Who can we contact about this! We should at least be able to get some sort credit because of this problem!

[Post New]by a2dmusic on Apr 4, 10 4:18 PM
Having the same issue - Challenge 61 crashes the game on my (Intel) Mac. I think this is more than anecdotal at this point.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Apr 6, 10 5:53 PM
I'm having the exact same problem - Challenge 61 crashes my game. every. single. time.

kmoy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by kmoy on Apr 7, 10 12:14 PM
Same problem over here! Sent BF a Customer Support request yesterday but still no answer. Downloaded another demo version from another site, got through puzzle 61 no problem but now stuck with the non-stick toucan issue on puzzle 66! This is too frustrating to be believed. It would be more fun to go outside and bang my head against the house. C'mon BF, what's up?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 7, 10 1:10 PM
Hi fishies,

If you are having issues with challenge 61, you may want to try exiting and re-entering the game. You can also check out our Mac Game Errors help article.

If that doesn't help, I would suggest contacting our Technical Support Team by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

[Post New]by a2dmusic on Apr 9, 10 8:14 AM
Not trying to be snippy, but if you read all of our comments, I think it is obvious that this isn't a simple "update flash or shockwave" issue. Nor is it merely a "quit and restart" fix. This is broken software that crashes in the same place every time for many users.

I contacted tech support nearly a week ago (no response so far).

Please fix (or have the game developer fix)! Thanks!

Go to: