Dracula 3 ~ Drawing of blood

[Post New]by mdes007 on Mar 16, 10 3:30 PM
I am having the same problem as others in drawing of blood. I do exactly what the walkthrough says, and the walkthrough says that I should use Father Gregoriu to test this out, but even with Father Gregoriu, the pipette will not let me drop samples of blood in the blue and yellow reagent. Am I doing something wrong? And I am washing my hands everytime. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:Dracula 3 ~ Drawing of blood

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jun 10, 10 8:12 AM
I am stuck at the same place. I have read the journal, made sure to leave it open to the journal entry for #809, the last test tube filled, but still it will not let me drop blood into either of the two reagents. I have made sure to wash hands, etc, and all of the test tubes are filled, with (a) the four blood samples (b) the blue and yellow reagents, and -c-, the last sample #809 for the purpose of the first test, before doing the others.

The phone call has been answered and I washed hands a couple of times to be sure, as well as reading the books above the shelf in the other room, sterilizing the instruments, closing the refrigerator door, and reading the journal

Did you ever figure out what you might have forgotten that finally allowed you to drop the blood onto the blue and yellow reagents and then proceed on with the other blood samples???

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 10, 10 8:57 AM
I'm not sure where you have the reagents. You talk about test tubes but that's only for the reagents in transit.

You should have a ceramic tray with two "wells". The blue reagent goes into one, the yellow into the other, and the blood drips onto each.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jun 10, 10 9:32 AM
Yes, I had the reagents in the test plate, but I just figured it out.

I had place two drops of blue reagent in the well, as well as yellow.

They intended for only one drop of each of the reagents to be dropped. Very picky about details, they are!

Thanks, Mr. Russ, for the prompt reply. I appreciate it!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 10, 10 10:49 AM
You're welcome. This game gets worse. Just wait until you do the blood tests for the second time

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jun 10, 10 11:17 AM
Gee, thanks -- I think.

(I'm really enjoying it so far, even though tests to accomplish and the precise order of things are very exacting and painstaking.)

(On a side note, are the first two chapters/stories in this game series worth finding and pursuing - that is - if I don't become too frustrated as the game goes along???)

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 10, 10 1:10 PM
I really don't know about the first two. They are rather old now. Your best bet for more information is on the Microids website.

I seem to remember one poster complaining that this game is too much like work (nurse). It's more than usually realistic. Being a fan of CSI is a help. I can't think of another game where knowing about exemplars is useful.

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 2:05:28 AM PST

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jun 10, 10 6:26 PM
Thank you, Mr. Russ - very good point about the first two games. Since Dracula 3 is a fairly new game, the predecessors that are several years older could seem just a wee bit of a let down in quality, even though they were probably quite well down for their own respective years and the technology they had then.

I am to the point where I need to develop a photo and do blood tests. Man, oh man, I can see now what you were talking about -- that part is going to be a doozy! I think I'll save that for another day.

I loved the part I just finished where Arno looks at the frightened dog and bowl, then says that the dog bowl is quite full and that Maria's dogs are very spoiled! Heee!!! That is, in fact, my own name, and I have been told the very same thing about my own spoiled little dogs!

Thanks very kindly for your help and suggestions. Not a watcher of CSI, but a regular watcher of "Bones" which isn't much help here, LOL.

[Post New]by collegemom6 on Jul 27, 10 2:56 PM
I am simply having trouble putting down the tray of sterilized instruments down on the table. It wont let me. Anyone know where the trigger spot is because I am getting frustrated trying to find it.

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Aug 22, 10 12:35 AM
I have a couple of problems first can not get the lights on in the kitchen to sterile (sp) the equipment and do I draw a second set of blood on myself for #815. I have spent to much time with the electrical box please help Thank you

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 22, 10 2:44 AM
The answer to your second question is yes. This is an important step.
As far as I can remember, first time through the copper wire fuses are in the middle and the second time, one of them moves up one. I can't remember which though. Take care not to electrocute yourself.

Go to: