cpurcell
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Scene before handing out masks froze

[Post New]by cpurcell on Mar 16, 10 3:48 PM
I had got to the scene where he is handing out masks and it froze , and went back to the scene before it and now its frozen, cant do anything, I was enjoying the game now cant do any more, anyone know how to get out of there?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Re:Scene before handing out masks froze

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 16, 10 4:21 PM
Welcome to the pond cpurcell!

I'm sorry to hear that the scene froze right before the masks are handed out. You may need to update your video card drivers, Direct X and Flash Player. You can do that by following the link below:

Help My Games Run Correctly

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 18, 10 8:55 PM
The same thing happened to me...game played great until I got to this scene where he is supposed to hand out the masks and then it froze. I went out and came back in and got an access violation message and Windows shut the game down. I rebooted and it froze again at the same spot. I am current on all updates.

[Post New]by GeorgiePorgie on Mar 18, 10 10:22 PM
Your mask scene may not be frozen. I found that I was reading the instructions wrong so I re-read them more carefully. It says to give the mask to the person who is highlited. That first character is Mr. Cummings and he is indeed highlited. Each character he addresses you find their mask in the inventory and place it on their highlited portrait. Once all of the masks have been handed out the game will move to the next screen. Don't give up now, you are almost at the end of the game.

msdrake
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by msdrake on Mar 19, 10 7:57 AM
Same with my game I cannot hand out the masks...the last dialog stays on the screen.

Too bad as I enjoyed this hog and its disappointing that I can't finish it.

[Post New]by DrPatB on Mar 21, 10 6:25 AM
Had the same issue. I am updatedon Flash and active X. The dialogue froze. The I tried to put mask on highlighted image and game closed down.A"Venice" error.

Edited on 03/21/2010 at 6:26:17 AM PST

[Post New]by ccnorcana on Mar 26, 10 10:44 PM
same thing happened to me and i can't finish the game...will we get a game credit or something for this, very disappointing that i can't finish the game after playing all that time

theoz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by theoz on Mar 31, 10 10:37 AM
This game had an update. Whoopee....it finally let me hand out two masks. It froze on the mask for Ms Rachel. In fact, there is no mask for Ms Rachel in the inventory. I read the instructions, uninstalled and installed twice, downloaded the updates, and still cannot get past handing out the masks.
Since someone mentioned that at this point the end of the game is near, I'm going to delete the game, wishing I'd never have purchased it in the first place!

[Post New]by fragrantgreen on Mar 18, 11 1:36 PM
Thanks, GeorgiePorgie. I tried your solution and it worked like a charm. Glad I was able to finish the game.

[Post New]by Shiloh10 on Mar 20, 11 7:46 AM
Thank you GeorgiePorgie, that's exactly why I couldn't continue. I have since finished the game after reading your information. I

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Mar 11, 12 5:02 PM
If you want more information on how to hand out the masks, see discussion "Assigning Masks". The instructions are explicit on how to do it.

Go to: