bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Delicious: Emily's Message in a Bottle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 6, 16 12:29 AM
Delicious: Emily's Message in a Bottle Collector's Edition introduces adorable Emily at the early age of 3, with her beloved grandfather (Grappa!). When Emily finds a message in a bottle from her younger self, her past and present collide into an all-new heartwarming adventure! With lovable new characters and tons of time management levels, you simply can't miss Delicious: Emily's Message in a Bottle Collector's Edition!

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Delicious: Emily's Message in a Bottle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by 0161 on Sep 6, 16 3:36 AM
Bought on sight! Love the Delicious Emily games and I know there a few others that love them too.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 6, 16 4:47 AM
I'm not interested in this series but it seems like 3 CE's a week is the norm now. So much for 'quality over quantity', the definition of which is 'the best or perceived best of something rather than a lot of cheap or less valuable versions'.

A CE used to be something special but not any more; now they're just run-of-the-mill

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Sep 6, 16 6:22 AM
Seems to me whenever there's not a Hidden Object game, the complaints come rolling in. I'd say more than 90% of games offered by BFG are hidden object games. I love the Emily games. No, they're not childish. They're time management games. Does it need to be a CE? Probably not. However, wait a few weeks if you do not want the CE and buy the SE. I thought the demo for this was great. I do also play hidden object games. As far as the Puppetshow series, I do not own one of them and never will. I find them ridiculously childish and easy. So different strokes and all that.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Sep 6, 16 7:39 AM
tesamoine wrote:Seems to me whenever there's not a Hidden Object game, the complaints come rolling in. I'd say more than 90% of games offered by BFG are hidden object games. I love the Emily games. No, they're not childish. They're time management games. Does it need to be a CE? Probably not. However, wait a few weeks if you do not want the CE and buy the SE. I thought the demo for this was great. I do also play hidden object games. As far as the Puppetshow series, I do not own one of them and never will. I find them ridiculously childish and easy. So different strokes and all that.

Tesamoine,

Seems like someone deleted a Puppetshow post somewhere in there ...

I'm sorry the TM forums seem to get the complaints. Seems like no matter what happens, BFG just can't win.

How I see it is that when BF used to use a Thurs or Sat CE slot for a Time Management game CE, a good chunk of HOPA people complained that they were waiting and waiting for that special day for their HOPA CE and now that day was ruined, they were bitterly disappointed, life as we know it was going to end, etc., etc. So, as far as I can see, BF is trying to appease those people without giving up offering Time Management CE games. When they get a TM CE, they give it a special Tuesday slot in the hopes that the TM people AND the HOPA people can be happy. Guess that is too much to ask for!

Anyway, I hope you like the game. I'm not a TM person myself, but I certainly want everyone to get the kinds of games they can enjoy here. Happy Gaming!

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Sep 6, 16 8:06 AM
Would've been nice if this CE game had been released during the Labor Day BOGO sale. Extra Punch day rarely benefits me.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 6, 16 10:45 AM
For any Emily fans (of which I count myself) this is a really fun game. You get to learn more of the family's history.. and as with all the other Emily games, you serve food at a variety of restaurants.

I just wish they would have released the game when it was originally released back in the beginning of August. Waiting over a month when you love the Emily games is basically torture..

violet922
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by violet922 on Sep 6, 16 11:34 AM
I'm glad to see another Emily game! I love time management games, but not all types.

I checked on the website where these games are made and there are at least 6 Emily games that have not been offered by Big Fish. Plus another Angela game and a new game featuring Heart Medicine which I loved. So I hope Big Fish is planning to bring all of these games in for our purchase. I like hidden object games too, but the themes around 80% of them are doom and gloom and are dark-minded. I want light, airy and fun! Life itself has enough darkness and gloom. When I play my games, I want something that will divert my mind towards a happy place, even if it is make-believe. So Big Fish, I hope you're reading and listening!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 7, 16 1:39 AM
violet922 wrote:I'm glad to see another Emily game! I love time management games, but not all types.

I checked on the website where these games are made and there are at least 6 Emily games that have not been offered by Big Fish. Plus another Angela game and a new game featuring Heart Medicine which I loved. So I hope Big Fish is planning to bring all of these games in for our purchase. I like hidden object games too, but the themes around 80% of them are doom and gloom and are dark-minded. I want light, airy and fun! Life itself has enough darkness and gloom. When I play my games, I want something that will divert my mind towards a happy place, even if it is make-believe. So Big Fish, I hope you're reading and listening!

Totally agree! I never used to play many time management but these games are delightful. Sick of the red eyes, smoke and rusty locks!!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Sep 7, 16 5:39 PM
tesamoine wrote:Seems to me whenever there's not a Hidden Object game, the complaints come rolling in. I'd say more than 90% of games offered by BFG are hidden object games. I love the Emily games. No, they're not childish. They're time management games.

Wow, I can't believe those kinds of complaints are STILL happening. Haven't people moved on by now?

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Sep 7, 16 5:53 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:For any Emily fans (of which I count myself) this is a really fun game. You get to learn more of the family's history.. and as with all the other Emily games, you serve food at a variety of restaurants.

I just wish they would have released the game when it was originally released back in the beginning of August. Waiting over a month when you love the Emily games is basically torture..

I agree. BFG is very slow to release the Delicious Emily games, regardless of whether it is the CE or not. I usually end up purchasing elsewhere rather than on BFG because I cannot wait. I usually will get them for my iPad because I find these much more fun playing on the iPad than on my laptop.

[Post New]by murphie12211 on Sep 8, 16 3:31 PM
Loved the game, as I do all of the Delicious, Angela and Medicine series. Wish there were more games like them.

BFG is sometimes a little slower in offering the games, but could be for a lot of different reasons. They are at a greatly reduced price, especially when they have their special offers of 2 for 1, etc. So it's up to the individual if they want to wait a few weeks or buy it full price somewhere else.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Sep 9, 16 3:51 AM
murphie12211 wrote:BFG is sometimes a little slower in offering the games, but could be for a lot of different reasons. They are at a greatly reduced price, especially when they have their special offers of 2 for 1, etc. So it's up to the individual if they want to wait a few weeks or buy it full price somewhere else.

The 2 for 1 offers aren't always available nor that frequent. I usually will buy the full CE Delicious Emily games for $9.99 on my iPad which is much cheaper than paying $13.99 for the full CE on BFG. The Delicious Emily games are the only ones I will buy for the iPad because I think they are more fun on the iPad than PC.

Go to: