bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Your comments and reviews for Drugstore Mania

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 17, 10 9:03 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Drugstore Mania? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

-bfgZambezi

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews for Drugstore Mania

[Post New]by prchalpn on Mar 17, 10 9:11 AM
oh you snuck one in on us

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 17, 10 9:55 AM
I am really addicted to tm-games and love Cake Mania and this one is similar. The graphic is cute, but the gameplay is really bad. I wouldn`t buy it for the full price but maybe as a Daily Deal.

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Mar 17, 10 3:32 PM
My Review after 1 hour demo:

Level: Easy. Does get progressively harder, but still not too difficult to follow. I made it to the Honey town, all expert, in 1 hour.

Playability: Good. Downloaded and installed quickly; a little picky with the cursor, though.

Likes: Good theme - something other than a restaurant; like TM games in general. Kid friendly, although some parents might be put off with a drugstore theme. Fairly benign, though, and no gross stuff.

Dislikes: Upgrades really don't help you that much, except for the candy. Would really like to be able to carry more than two things at a time in higher levels. Customers lose hearts a little too fast. No chaining bonuses.

Recommendations: Carry as much as you can at once - if you have two customers who want pills, grab two while you are there and deliver them. Give the pharmacy book to one customer and continue waiting on the others while they decide. Same with Rx mixer- start those first and keep filling while it's mixing. You can load a new Rx into the clipboard while another is mixing.

Will I buy it? Yes... IF I was a 6yo girl! A little too cute - wish they had used realistic people instead of kiddies and the flowery town names. I have boys, so we probably won't be getting this one.

[Post New]by bakagaijin78 on Mar 19, 10 2:27 PM
The review posted by shoelesshs is spot-on with how I felt about the game. It's a neat idea, but I didn't like the cursor. I am usually fine with the cursor, but I actually went into 'options' to see if I could change it (which you can't) and that is a 1st for me.

I also think it's a little too 'cute'.... and I have a daughter and myself like cutesy anime things! The animations seemed a little odd to me.

Would I buy it? I don't think so. Why? Because I have many TM games already purchased that are better.

Melissa1978_01
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Melissa1978_01 on Mar 28, 10 9:03 PM
I bought it and its a cute game however it lags terribly and I know for a fact it is not my computer it was updated November 2009 when I bought it to the computer store do to a virus problem....It only lets me carry two things at once.It moves slowly and it froze up my computer bad a moment ago.

[Post New]by mandalamama on Apr 8, 10 11:08 AM
a TM without being able to chain is like a day without sunshine! i thought this would be cute for my daughter, she's 5 and adores TM games. she played for about 2 minutes and said "this is boring!" there you go

Edited on 04/08/2010 at 11:08:19 AM PST

shylakay
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by shylakay on Apr 27, 10 3:13 PM
I, unfortunately , bought this game..at least it was only $6.99. It has so many glitches it is unreal. At times you get a customer the game doesn't even recognize..so they stand there waving away..and you have to exit and restart game. One level I had to restart it three times to get past the invisible customer glitch. THEN she is doing just fine carrying two things at once..then all of a sudden she can't carry but ONE item at at time.. that ruins the progress of the level.. everyone walks and another RESTART the level to get past THAT glitch. It tries to freeze up at times.. then frees itself up and you can struggle on with it. I am only up to the Emerald.. level 40 something, but I finally gave up..since there was no way to try to continue w/ only one hand that works to run things to people with. I hate it when you give people candy and they just disappear anyway instead of refueling their heart status. I think they should make a fix for the glitches in this game.

[Post New]by Dragonboypg13 on Sep 26, 12 2:12 PM
I myself enjoyed the game very much. I am very happy with bf games. I like games I can play without worry of lossing place if get distracted by grandkids. I have 7 grandkids that love the games and play them every chance they get

timbermoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by timbermoon on Nov 2, 12 12:34 PM
Excessively cute, teeming with misspellings and mistranslations, awkward and tedious gameplay. <sigh> I love TMs, but this is not one of the better examples. I really don't recommend it.

Go to: