bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Kingdom of Aurelia: Mystery of the Poisoned Dagger

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 7, 16 12:29 AM
Join Sam, a boy of thirteen years old, and his friend Princess Aurora as they embark on an amazing adventure in the Kingdom of Aurelia. Just as this incredible world entered into an epoch of the Renaissance and technological development, a plot directed against the royal family is discovered. It's up to you to find the villain who poisoned the princess so you can rescue her. Use advanced technologies to help you on your quest, including a helpful little robot named Tim and a unique device which can read the thoughts of any character!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re:Kingdom of Aurelia: Mystery of the Poisoned Dagger

[Post New]by Bartsister on Sep 7, 16 4:15 AM
I got a beta invite for this one and I liked it. I am sorry that this didn't get to be a CE. My memory is too fuzzy on details to do a real review, but I do think this game is well worth a demo to see if you like it.

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on Sep 7, 16 7:10 AM
I LOVE this developer and replayed a bit of the beta and then part of the demo and was pleased to see there were quite a few changes from the beta for the better.

EXTREMELY happy to finally see a good game offered that was NOT one of the many prominent developers on the site.. and will always purchase games from THIS developer.

HAPPY to see this released as a SE on sale to boot.

Other games from this developer and I have them all:

Namariel Legends. Iron Lord
Witches Pranks Frog's Fortune
Dreamscapes the Sandman
Dreamscapes Nightmare's Heir
Fall of the New Age
Sea Legends Phantasmal Light
Robin's Island

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 7, 16 9:13 AM
I like this game a lot and was going to buy it BUT.... This was supposed to be a CE with 9 chapters and bonus chapters according to another website. I guess my question is does this game here have at least the 9 chapters minus the bonus or does it end sooner and if so it looks to be a very short game ?

[Post New]by dielmo on Sep 7, 16 10:47 AM
Fantastic game - wish we could see more of Shaman Games - 9 chapters

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Sep 7, 16 10:49 AM
greenshade wrote:I LOVE this developer and replayed a bit of the beta and then part of the demo and was pleased to see there were quite a few changes from the beta for the better.

EXTREMELY happy to finally see a good game offered that was NOT one of the many prominent developers on the site.. and will always purchase games from THIS developer.

HAPPY to see this released as a SE on sale to boot.

Other games from this developer and I have them all:

Namariel Legends. Iron Lord
Witches Pranks Frog's Fortune
Dreamscapes the Sandman
Dreamscapes Nightmare's Heir
Fall of the New Age
Sea Legends Phantasmal Light
Robin's Island

Thanks for that info. I was going to take a pass until I saw your post. I concur, love love love the games from this dev, so downloading this one now. If it's as good as the others, it will be a definite buy for me.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 7, 16 11:17 AM
dielmo wrote:Fantastic game - wish we could see more of Shaman Games - 9 chapters

Thank you. Off to buy now.

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Sep 7, 16 1:53 PM
I was going to ask the same, especially after seeing they are the developers of Witches Pranks Frog's Fortune. I was pretty disappointed on that one when the game I bought here didn't have all of the princes. I'd hate to miss half a game again.

mhatfie wrote:I like this game a lot and was going to buy it BUT.... This was supposed to be a CE with 9 chapters and bonus chapters according to another website. I guess my question is does this game here have at least the 9 chapters minus the bonus or does it end sooner and if so it looks to be a very short game ?

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Sep 8, 16 8:15 AM
Just finished the game and really enjoyed it. It did not seem to be a short game, at least for me (played yesterday afternoon and most of this morning before completing it).

I don't understand either why BFG doesn't contract with this dev for CE (or extended) content for their games unless they (Shaman Studios) have a contract with another game site that prevents it. If you want to buy the CE version (known as the platinum version), Google "Kingdom of Aurelia - Mystery of the Poisoned Dagger Platinum Edition". I felt that this game satisfactorily concluded so I didn't buy the CE as I did with Witches Pranks.

Edited on 09/08/2016 at 8:15:28 AM PST

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Sep 8, 16 10:49 AM
I finished the game and I liked it. I was not happy at the end, this was so abrupt IMO.
For this reason, I'm concluding that the CE version should be more complete.

I'm not going to buy any game in another site different of BFG, but I was disappointed, almost the same as I felt with Witches Pranks.

Is not a very long game, but enough to enjoy it. Twice my screen froze, I had to exit and then I played normally. Not need to reinstall. I'm playing with WINDOW 7 Premium.

Happy gaming ,
M.

Go to: