[Post New]by gvierg on Sep 7, 16 9:28 AM
can't get star to switch boxes after a while

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Re:136, 2nd lost

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 11, 16 10:25 AM
I'm guessing here as I just started over and I'm not yet at Level 136.

Do you mean when you make a match underneath the star and it doesn't drop? Are you above a portal? If so, then you need to make a match under the corresponding portal to make the star drop through to the other dimension (box). Clear as mud?

Cheers

Edited on 09/11/2016 at 10:26:33 AM PST

[Post New]by clarayarrow on Sep 12, 16 5:25 PM
Have read the foregoing messages with much interest. I have been working at Level 136 for 10 days and cannot even complete the first level. Star goes across the board, and doesnot appear to meet up with the home star. Have tried the portal angle, but most likely am not making the right moves

Please how do I complete this level?

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 12, 16 6:07 PM
Jeepers. There is a post around here somewhere that I think silver_hawk wrote that explains that situation so well. I will look for it because I'm not there yet and I can't explain without having the board in front of me. I'll be back tomorrow. Please be patient.

Cheers

OK I'm back.

eli173 posted this in a thread called FTW 136

'With respect to 136, if you do an advanced forum search you will find several older posts. But if you understand the following general principles you will be able to solve most of the levels that have portals.

1. -Blue portals are exit portals and in terms of orientation, the star (or any other element) will exit when the portal is positioned at the bottom of the cell it is located in.
-Red portals are entrance portals and the star will enter when the portal is positioned at the top of its cell.

Be sure to identify the relevant cell correctly. In some cases it's easy to become disoriented and think that a portal sits on top of a cell whereas it actually is on the bottom of a neighboring cell etc., particularly if you have rotated several times.

2. You follow the path and rotate according to the portals as per above. If you are uncertain on if and how to rotate, ie if the portal indicates a direction/ rotation that contradicts the direction of the path itself, then always follow the portal. Where there are no portals you just follow the path.

3. Each portal is passed only once. So, when you pass a portal, you must guide the star through the next portal, and finally from the last portal to the finish. It’s as simple as that. If the board is complicated and you are not sure which the next portal is (a rare occasion) then you must first find the route by making matches.

If you apply the above you will solve 136 easily.'

Come back if you're still having difficulty.

Edited on 09/12/2016 at 6:22:05 PM PST

[Post New]by clarayarrow on Sep 13, 16 12:51 PM
Thank you for help, followed instructions re red and blue portals, but the star only drops once (down from left to right), the second time - nothing
Now I did notice that the first drop (blue portal) was from bottom of column to top of column, the second one (blue portal) is second space up from the bottom, going to second space up (red portal) in far right column.
I must be doing something wrong, as I cannot finish the puzzle.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 13, 16 3:33 PM
So OK. from my memory, have you position the star above the 2nd blue portal and then make a match below the corresponding red portal? Then the star should drop through. Be careful you are not mixing up which are related portals. Mull it over for a bit. The star will only drop if you make space for it under the receiving portal. Plus you need to know which way is UP. I apologize for my lack of clarity.

Please some kind player help with this explanation.

Cheers

Edited on 09/13/2016 at 3:35:31 PM PST

[Post New]by clarayarrow on Sep 13, 16 3:56 PM
Thank you for those words of wisdom!!
I have managed to finish the first part, Your words 'up' and 'down' were the key. I .had not been rotating the board enough,
Stand by and I'll send you a piece of my 83rd birthday cake
Again very many thanks for your patience and guidance

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 14, 16 5:18 PM
Congrats on your 83rd birthday clara. Kudos to you for still playing these wonderful games. They are tricky in parts for all of us.

Cheers

[Post New]by pirosca on Oct 1, 16 6:55 AM
Please help me because 136 is even with your notes still a pain in the ****. After the first blue portal the star goes to the right under orange portal. Then i moved it to the blue left under portal but there it got stuck. By turning the board back to the right under orange portal it goes back to where it started from. Maybe you can show it in another way as turn right up and down etc. ??? Thank you very very much. Because now after days I have to delete the game when I couldn't get ahead.

Go to: