minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

Slingshot...

[Post New]by minesita on Sep 7, 16 7:31 PM
Hi,

Somebody can shoot a bucket with the slingshot, to distract the giant?

I can't do it !!!!

Please, tell me how do you did it! Thank you,
M.

Sorry, I got it! I distracted him!!!

Edited on 09/07/2016 at 7:48:17 PM PST

LUCKYMOL
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Slingshot...

[Post New]by LUCKYMOL on Sep 8, 16 12:37 AM
How did you do it? I think it is with the telephone. I can't make the phone work to save my life. I just bought the game a little before I got really stuck here.

Please tell me what you did.

Thanks, Luckymol

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Sep 8, 16 10:23 AM
LUCKYMOL wrote:How did you do it? I think it is with the telephone. I can't make the phone work to save my life. I just bought the game a little before I got really stuck here.

Please tell me what you did.

Thanks, Luckymol

Hi Lucky ,

SPOILER ALERT:

You don't have to make the bucket fall. When the giant turned the head, you grab the key closer his mug. You need to take plums as ammunitions.

With the phone you need to have decoders, do a puzzle, and then you have the number to dial.

Hope this was clear, good luck ,
M.

[Post New]by bunnytoday1 on Sep 12, 16 5:34 PM
Hey, I have the slingshot but can't find what goes with it.........Help!!!

Questo14
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Questo14 on Sep 13, 16 4:36 PM
okay, I have had numerous chances to hit the bucket and for some reason i am missing it or it is not distracting the creature, any suggestions?

Christian_
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Christian_ on Sep 13, 16 4:57 PM
I did it too fast, I threw the apple at the bucket, but I did it too fast, and the giant, turned his head before I got to grab the key, now I keep getting the slingshot, saying it needs charged, I can't believe, I got this far, and I can't go back to get another apple. so now what do I do????

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Sep 20, 16 5:58 PM
If one misses the bucket and fails to get the key, how does one then get another apple to use with the slingshot? I'm not able to get any ammo for another shot with the slingshot. The hint button keeps lighting up the slingshot, and when I click on the slingshot it says "the slingshot is ready, it just needs to be charged". Anyone know how to charge the slingshot? I'm not advancing in the game until this is figured out. Maybe this is a glitch in the game? I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Edited on 09/20/2016 at 6:20:12 PM PST

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Sep 20, 16 9:01 PM
beckykay wrote:If one misses the bucket and fails to get the key, how does one then get another apple to use with the slingshot? I'm not able to get any ammo for another shot with the slingshot. The hint button keeps lighting up the slingshot, and when I click on the slingshot it says "the slingshot is ready, it just needs to be charged". Anyone know how to charge the slingshot? I'm not advancing in the game until this is figured out. Maybe this is a glitch in the game? I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

To you and Christian,

You have a basket full of plums down the bucket and you charge several times the slingshot. As I explained before, this never is falling, the giant turned the head when you touch it with the slingshot, and you grab the key which is near his hands or mug. You don't see before the key, you click quickly, and voila the key is in your inventory.

I know very well your frustration, I was the one who did about half hour this action, because I supposed the bucket needed to fall.

Good luck,
M.

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Sep 21, 16 6:49 PM
I really appreciate your reply, but there is no help for me. I have no bucket of plums, only a barrel of apple sitting not far to the left of the giant with the key. I'm given no instructions as to how to charge the slingshot. I'm supposed to charge it but how? Nothing I do or try charges the slingshot. I do recall using the slingshot once, but missed, and now get no other chance. The game has a glitch. I've resigned to not be able to finish it, though I did really like it until I encountered the glitch. Thank you for your response and suggestions! Unfortunately they are of no help, no fault of yours.

[Post New]by lenibjerg on Sep 30, 16 8:37 AM
I too have a problem with loading the slingshot. I found the plum and added it to the slingshot when I got the elastic at the cage. When i went back to the giant, the plum had disappeared and I am now unable to pick up a new one from the barrel. I tried exiting from the game but that did not solve the problem. Any ideas_

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Sep 30, 16 12:01 PM
lenibjerg wrote:I too have a problem with loading the slingshot. I found the plum and added it to the slingshot when I got the elastic at the cage. When i went back to the giant, the plum had disappeared and I am now unable to pick up a new one from the barrel. I tried exiting from the game but that did not solve the problem. Any ideas_

Well, it looks it's a glitch. I could take plums several times, but another people had the same complain as you.

Have good luck, maybe installing the game again,
Minesita

Edited on 10/13/2016 at 8:12:30 PM PST

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Oct 24, 16 1:51 PM
It is a barrel, but it contains plums, not apples. But plums, apples, berries, or rocks, one needs to be able to add one or more of them to the slingshot. I also lost mine (I only took one) and could not take any more after losing the first. Tried everything up to and including uninstall/reinstall, nothing works.

However, I am close enough to the end (per the walkthrough) that I am just going to file it. I've known since the beginning (spoiler maybe) that the villain would not be Pharion - that was kind of telegraphed by the fact that the shapeshifting amulet had disappeared along with the knife) and I assume it's the tyrant, whatever his name is, whatever he looks like. I didn't enjoy it enough to play it again with a new profile. But that may partially be because my video is lagging way behind my sound, and that is probably my computer. Windows 8.1.

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Feb 28, 17 9:00 AM
you break the barrel open, take the plum, load the sling shot, hit this metal thing near the giant's head, when he's distracted take the key. now the sling shot goes back into your inventory as you will need it later to shot a bag of sleeping powder at the giant. follow where the hint takes you after open the cage. it comes together, I finished the game in less then a day following the hint

Go to: