bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 18, 10 2:02 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 03/18/2010 at 2:05:23 AM PST

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Mar 18, 10 3:28 AM
Three words: I LOVE IT!!!!

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Mar 18, 10 4:46 AM
I played the demo on the CE and LOVED it but after having read reviews, decided not to spen 20 dollars but to wait for the normal version. Hoooraayy, and now I know where this month' credit is going. Cheers

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 18, 10 5:35 AM
Really love this game! Have bought it today! Thanks,

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Mar 18, 10 5:46 AM
kkbodine wrote:Three words: I LOVE IT!!!!

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Mar 18, 10 6:02 AM
I love this game too!

Just finished the first chapter on Advanced, with 24 minutes left of the demo, and it's a definite buy.

Even on Advanced, there are plenty of hints, and I didn't get stuck (much) so I'm glad I took that option.

Started off by disabling the custom cursor, but for some reason the normal cursor doesn't point exactly to objects, especially small ones, and I was frustrated for a while trying to pick up a dice (ok, sorry, die). Changed back to the custom cursor and it was fine.

Definitely worth waiting for!

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Mar 18, 10 6:56 AM
I bought this as soon as I saw it was available this morning. I'm early on in the game and love it! Thank you Big Fish for bringing us this fun game. Enjoyable

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 18, 10 7:11 AM
I put my comments in the "Welcome" forum instead of this "Comments and Reviews" forum. Does it make any difference? I was just wondering today why two forums are started for each game, because I end up swapping back and forth between the two threads on games I am interested in. Would it maybe be more helpful to have just one forum for both threads, then a "got a problem?" forum as the second one, so the more experienced posters don't keep having to tell newbies to please click the "help" button and report it? Just wondering. Please don't beat me.

BTW, I loved the game - and hands-down winner.

Edited on 03/18/2010 at 7:12:15 AM PST

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Mar 18, 10 7:41 AM
Woo Hoo! Finally finally!! It was a hard wait, and I admit, I was getting pretty frustrated.

BF thank you, but please don't make us wait a full 3 weeks for standard versions.

Anyway, I can't wait to get into the game (it's DL now). Since it's been 3 weeks, I am gonna start all over from the beginning and enjoy the scenes and take my time.

I am just really glad this has finally been released

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 18, 10 7:59 AM
I have now played both demos and think I might have enough restraint to be frugal and buy this version. The complexity of the game gives it definite replay value; especially if you go on to other games for a while after your initial round with this. It will have a good bit of playing time, at least for me. I picked up where I had left off with the CE demo, and still only finished the fourth riddle with the guards in the pyramid. (I do read the dialogue, have skipped no mini-games and use very few hints.) I have not used the walkthrough for guidance as yet; so my pace may be a bit slower than some players. The instructions for the mini-games are very clear; and easity accessed by clicking the question mark in the upper left corner of the mini-game window. I really love the storyline and the fact that the dialogue is interesting, but kept to a minimum: just enough to be informative. This is a great game for the whole family. The CE version would be wonderful for those who can afford it, but the regular version certainly does not leave you feeling deprived.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 18, 10 8:00 AM
YIPEE...its finally here, am downloading now and can't wait to play!!
Its going to be a good day , I can now get my MUCH needed HOG fix :-)
Hoping everyone is having a wonderful day, happy gaming to all !!

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Mar 18, 10 8:27 AM
Love it!

Rose_Ann
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rose_Ann on Mar 18, 10 8:34 AM
I bought the "regular" version. I find it easy, but I love it. It has the right mix of a hidden object and and adventure game. It is an improvevment over the other Treasure Seekers games.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Mar 18, 10 9:46 AM
I'm a fan of the Treasure Seekers series and couldn't wait for this one. I'm not disappointed in the least. The storyline is pretty good and like the others in the series, you have the hotspots to locate and find the required ****. I wouldn't repeat what others have already said, it's a great game for HOG fans who like interactions, mini-games and a little challenge.

An Added Tidbit -- Did you know that while the game has only 5 chapters, there's a total of 143 tasks to complete! -- WOW. I'm loving the game and it's challenges. I'm off to buy!

To the developers and BF, great job and thanks!

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Mar 18, 10 11:48 AM
Not too easy. Not too hard.

Not going to buy it just yet, but it is a good game so far. Not sure how long it will be. I had cleared three anomalies before my time was out.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 18, 10 11:53 AM
I guess I'll be in the Doghouse for being the minority here , But there is something about these types of games that don't appeal to me ..kinda like the Mortimer Beckett games .. don't no why !! ..oh well, can't please all the fish in the pond ..

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Mar 18, 10 12:25 PM
Well, the regular version finally arrived. I have the two previous versions in the series and I loved both of them. I did play the ce trial of this one and liked it as well. I'll play this trial, too, just to make sure there aren't glitches but this is most likely a buy for me, too.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 18, 10 12:32 PM
I've been waiting for this one. At last it's here. Didn't wait to buy. I must say it's the first time I don't buy a CE's. TS1 and 2 were just fine without all the bells and whistles that come with it so I waited. I started playing in Casual Mode but I find it too easy. It's like having someone looking over your shoulder and telling you where to find everything and what to do. I'll start up again using Advanced Mode. I think it'll be a bit more challenging, just the way I like it.

Anyway, I'm happy!
Thanks

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Mar 18, 10 2:23 PM
I love ihogs and think treasure seekers is an excellent series. Graphics are lovely, story line is amusing and game play is engaging. Great.

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Mar 18, 10 3:34 PM
Bought regular game today and just finished it - it is awsome and as there was no walkthrough when I bought it, I played it totally with no help. I loved everything about it.

Go to: