Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 8, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/08/2016 at 6:23:02 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Sep 8, 16 6:22 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

jmt52
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jmt52 on Sep 8, 16 1:26 PM
It wont let me play the puzzle with the stone figure and books, it just says nothing to do here ( or anywhere else ). I have tried reinstalling and looked at the guide but everything just tells me i need to play this puzzle to move forward. I have windows 10

jmt52
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by jmt52 on Sep 8, 16 2:10 PM
Well, I uninstalled again and restarted my computor and....nothing. If anyone can help I would appreciate it as this is bugging the crap out of me!!! Ty

jmt52
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by jmt52 on Sep 8, 16 4:21 PM
Started over with a new profile and it worked in case anyone else has this problem.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Sep 8, 16 4:49 PM
I started downloading the game at 3 p.m. today. It is now 7:47 p.m. and the game has downloaded 41%. I really do think that FIVE HOURS is a bit too long for a partial download.

I have Windows 7.

[Post New]by ObsidianCat1 on Sep 8, 16 5:15 PM
Is anyone having problems getting the puzzle with the 5 figurines (located on the lower left side of the castle lobby) in the horror tome section to work properly? I can move some segments of the figurines but not others even when I know the order of the segments is correct for each figurine. I tried choosing a segment and pointing to its correct place (or even a blank spot) as the instructions stated but nothing happens (I'm playing on a Windows 10 platform.)

***UPDATE****

I finally made it to the end of this puzzle (close to 45 minutes) but the instructions should read "drag and drop" as opposed to "point and click". I couldn't get any of the pieces to go to their correct spots within their figures even though the spot was vacant. Also, it was hit or miss on this one. I could click on a piece 30+ times to move it and then all of a sudden it would move on the next click. I tried using both the laptop's touch pad and then changed to a mouse to click with but the same problem persisted with each method. I'm not sure what is up with this one...

Edited on 09/08/2016 at 6:32:35 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 8, 16 5:44 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report the technical issues you are experiencing here. It sounds like there is a bit of a download issue and also some trouble possibly with one of the puzzles in the game. I hope that I can help out a bit with both.

First of all, thank you jmt52 for keeping us up to date with the issue you saw with the statuettes in the tome area. It sounds like ObsidianCat1 is also experiencing this issue, so thanks for letting us know that it sounds like one could start a new profile to get around this particular issue. So, I recommend seeing if a new profile is inhibited by the same issue about the figurines.

Rhysdux, I'm sorry to hear that the download is taking a longer time than expected. We certainly don't want you to be sitting and waiting for a game to download for that long. If you haven't already taken a look at our Help Pages, there might be some steps available to try for download issues like this. I am including a page that might be able to assist with that slower download:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Those steps should be able to look deeper into why the download seems to be slower than expected. That said, if anyone here tries these steps and find that they are unable to help, or if you would like more assistance, please reach out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide customized support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this helps out.

bfgIlinalta

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Sep 8, 16 5:59 PM
full screen display setting is larger than my 1920x1080 hi def monitor making the borders half visible on my mini mac.
very rarely do I have this problem with BFGames, and will not buy or even play with this issue.

[Post New]by ObsidianCat1 on Sep 9, 16 1:41 AM
I had one glitch in the bonus game and although exiting the game and reloading took care of it, I thought I would go ahead and mention it in case anyone else encounters the same problem...

At the very end of the bonus chapter (last game to acquire the final tome), there is a screen that requires you to place four tomes in designated areas. This screen came up without any image. Instead of a stone wall, it was a plain white screen. You can guess where the books go based on the text clues but once you place the books on the white screen, it slides upwards to reveal the end game. However, a strip of the white/blank screen remains at the top of the scene.

I am playing on a Windows 10 system.

Edited on 09/09/2016 at 1:43:03 AM PST

[Post New]by mommaheidi on Sep 9, 16 8:46 AM
game will not allow me to play the tome puzzle in the adventure section. i do not want to start the whole game all over again... as this has happened to much lately.

NewRome
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by NewRome on Sep 9, 16 11:18 AM
Hi BF,
This is just FIY, no help needed. In the extras there is a section "Labyrinth puzzle" and when I finished the second one and the message appear "The second level is complete" or something to that end, the game froze and I had to exit in an "uncivilized" manner by Alt/C/D. So I just uninstalled it, but wanted to let you know.
On the subject of the Bonus game - the controls in the mini games were somewhat wobbly. I could't get the stained glass lantern painted because I couldn't find the right spot to apply the brush to paint the piece I wanted to paint, not every piece around it.
The instructions were unclear or even confusing. Like in the mini game where you needed to bring four pieces in the corners to the center - two at a time. It's a well known puzzle, but the instructions made it hard to figure out how to move the pieces.
On the positive note, the game was very good and played without any issues.
Thanks.

maumeegirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by maumeegirl on Sep 10, 16 3:53 PM
I also am having problems with the stone tablet puzzle.Arrows were visible when I first looked at it, but disappeared when I went back. Hint just says "nothing to do here". I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem. I have windows 7 professional. I certainly do not want to start over with a new profile.

madyad
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by madyad on Sep 11, 16 4:40 AM
lost use of the map once i entered Adventure World. all sites locked

Edited on 09/11/2016 at 4:40:51 AM PST

[Post New]by marfa923 on Sep 11, 16 3:59 PM
I've gotten locked out at the place where you untangle the string in the Victim's House in the Adventure section. It tells me there is nothing to do there, that I need a pin to do the puzzle then takes me to the scene of the crime and the gate puzzle. I can't do anything there either. So now I'm stuck, have uninstalled and reinstalled, I'm sure if I start over as a different player it will work just fine but as someone else said I'm totally frustrated because that has happened to often. Who wants to play the same game over again right away!

[Post New]by swissmisscrys on Sep 11, 16 4:21 PM
I am unable to move throughout my inventory. I cannot see all of the items but if I click "hint" then it appears. PC/Windows 8

[Post New]by Stimp38 on Sep 12, 16 6:19 PM
Also having issues with the stone tablet puzzle. Arrows initially were visible but then disappeared. Hint just gives me "Nothing to do here". This far into the game I think having to create a new profile and replay the whole game is not a good solution. Using Windows 10.

Uninstalled and reinstalled without success.

Edited on 09/14/2016 at 8:40:13 AM PST

kht13
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by kht13 on Sep 13, 16 10:27 AM
In Adventure World at the Jungle Archway I cannot play the puzzle after placing book and man stones to collect all of the books.The arrows will not come up, so cannot get the fan I need. Tried uninstall and reinstall, nothing better still locked and unable to finish puzzle. I have windows 10 installed on Lenovo Yoga touch tablet.

[Post New]by Billy47harvey on Sep 14, 16 11:21 PM
Below is a message sent to your support team 4 days ago to which as yet there has been no reply other than one email to tell me that it can take from 24 to 72 hours for a response.

"I purchased Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Collectors Edition a couple of days ago and initially all was fine and the game was displayed on my iMac as expected. However it will not now function correctly in full screen mode (see attachment) The Finder menu bar appears and stays permanently at the top of the screen with the game name and as such I cannot interact with items on the bottom of the game screen because the whole picture has dropped due to the menu bar being visible. I have the latest 27" 2016 iMac with 32Tb of ram and an internal 1Tb SSD drive and the fastest processor and graphics card available for the iMac. I am running the latest version of El Capitan 10.11.6"

I have tried to reinstall the game and also deleted the plist file and I tried to create a new profile but non of these ideas worked.

I would be grateful if you can get the support team to at least let me know what their current findings are please.

Kind regards
Bill Harvey

Edited on 09/14/2016 at 11:24:04 PM PST

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Sep 15, 16 12:06 PM
Another one having problems with the stone tablet book puzzle in the adventure section . Cannot play as the direction arrows have gone and hint tells me there is nothing to do ???? . Yet another game from a major developer with a bug which means i cannot complete this game which i was really enjoying up to that point . This is happening far too often recently and i think Big Fish is putting too much pressure on developers to release their games before full beta testing is complete . Hope this gets sorted as i really wanted to complete this game without having to restart with a new profile !!!!!!

Go to: