susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Is Game Play same as the CE Edition?

[Post New]by susielee on Mar 18, 10 7:43 AM
I thought the game play was supposed to be the same as in the CE edition, but in chapter one my game didn't involve any decoding plates found in the library. as shown in the walkthrough. Was this mini game just in the CE edition?

jneedhamwf
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Is Game Play same as the CE Edition?

[Post New]by jneedhamwf on Mar 18, 10 8:24 AM
my chapter 1 has the decoder plates may you need to reinstal but remember when you do you start all over from chapter one

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Mar 18, 10 8:57 AM
I had the plates but they didn't work anyway. I had to skip the mini game.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Mar 18, 10 9:03 AM
I've got the regular edition, and the decoder plates work ok. They flash when you have them in the right place, then click to decode.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Mar 18, 10 9:58 AM
If the plates aren't working correctly for you in the regular edition, make sure first that you deleted the CE version before installing the regular version. If not, delete BOTH versions AND restart your computer before installing the regular edition.

I had deleted the CE version and installed the regular version, BUT I didn't restart my computer after deleting the CE and before installing the regular. I started the regular edition with a new profile just to see if I could answer this question about the plates, and my plates didn't work right either. I restarted my computer, and got back into the game under the same profile (I'd stopped as soon as I realized they didn't work but did not skip the game), and they worked fine once I had restarted the computer.

So....be sure you've restarted your computer after uninstalling and preferably before re-installing!

HTH!

catscat
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,293 Posts

[Post New]by catscat on Mar 18, 10 8:05 PM
Are you trying to align the small clear circle in the top left? If so you are doing it wrong. Line up those little hook like arrows in the very top left instead. They are green when aligned.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Is Game Play same as the CE Edition?

[Post New]by kelnjor on Mar 19, 10 6:53 AM
susielee wrote:I thought the game play was supposed to be the same as in the CE edition, but in chapter one my game didn't involve any decoding plates found in the library. as shown in the walkthrough. Was this mini game just in the CE edition?

I am playing the regular edition at moment, and cant remember the plates..(bit fuzzy eyed at moment from all the playing!) but maybe it has something to do with the play you choose? either casual or advanced?
i didnt unistall trial (CE version) and mine worked fine..

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Mar 19, 10 3:30 PM
I must need to delete and reinstall. I was not impressed with the Game Play at all. What a disappointment after playing the CE Edition. I am glad I didn't waste $20 and wish I hadn't wasted a free game as well.

Go to: