laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

beautiful game...but...

[Post New]by laraly on Mar 18, 10 11:06 AM
I enjoyed this game and the fairy tale, but when the extra level was unlock, I kind got disappointed, because once opend the letter I thought the prince would wake up too and meet the princess Rose, instead it just unlocked the puzzles, screensavers and the hard mode of the game, maybe is it over there the final quest? Or we need to wait for the continuation of the novel to know?
Anyway I am glad that I got this collector's edition!!

BellaGirl27
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

beautiful game...but...

[Post New]by BellaGirl27 on Mar 18, 10 1:19 PM
laraly wrote:I enjoyed this game and the fairy tale, but when the extra level was unlock, I kind got disappointed, because once opend the letter I thought the prince would wake up too and meet the princess Rose, instead it just unlocked the puzzles, screensavers and the hard mode of the game, maybe is it over there the final quest? Or we need to wait for the continuation of the novel to know?
Anyway I am glad that I got this collector's edition!!

Im glad you liked it so much, I am curious, how often did you need or use the strategy guide?
Thanks

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

Re:beautiful game...but...

[Post New]by dvdiva on Mar 18, 10 3:31 PM
That would have been a lovely ending! You're right, after waking up the princess, we're then taken to a room where the prince is "sleeping", and naturally there'd be some expectation that he'd wake up too. Unfortunately, I think that was only a stone carving memorial, or worse, his actual tomb, and any "awakening" that could occur would be of the zombie kind. Not a very nice sight.

Edited on 03/18/2010 at 3:32:33 PM PST

[Post New]by questionmark on Mar 21, 10 10:44 AM
dvdiva wrote:...any "awakening" that could occur would be of the zombie kind. Not a very nice sight.

LOL!!!

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Mar 21, 10 1:28 PM
I agree. Beautiful game.
Wonderful graphics. Good story. The only disappointment was the extra gameplay. I thought the spindle room was going to open up and there would be a bit more story.
Didn't want it to end though. Really enjoyed playing it.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Mar 22, 10 5:32 AM
murphy1018 wrote:I agree. Beautiful game.
I thought the spindle room was going to open up and there would be a bit more story.

But the spindle room did open up. It's the same room in the bonus level, "Spindle Room Secrets". Not much extra story though, except a tiny detail that Ivy was the "forgotten sister", and we learn what happened to the prince.

[Post New]by karendavid on Mar 22, 10 5:57 AM
is there more to it?? i got to the point where i need to take a scroll from the pigeon but i couldn't grab it

chutolha
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by chutolha on May 10, 10 9:06 AM
What Pigeon? I finished the games and saw Briar Rose reach her hand out with something in it. but am unable to pick it up. Whats going on? it sounds like we should be able to pick it up and find the pigeon and the frog prince??
I have the collectors edition. I've finished the hard mode and the bonus level also.
loved the game but felt there was more and I've missed it. If so please help.

DrRobert
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,807 Posts

[Post New]by DrRobert on May 22, 10 1:41 PM
Saw the pigeon, scroll is handed to you at the end of the story, gold rose you got at the end of the first round goes in the vase on the right side of the door, frog is at the bottom of the well through the door, the end.

[Post New]by tinabam on Apr 12, 12 9:12 PM
I have a problem. I am in the cellar and the rope will not attach to the pulley. Have tried about 60 times and now think I have to just get out of the game and delete it! Has anyone else had any problems like this?

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Nov 8, 12 7:30 PM
I have reached the end of the game but I have found the final task in order that you need to achieve where you have to destroy the wicked queen to wake up the princess really difficult and it can't be skipped. My reflexes aren't that quick either. Also don't know about anyone else but the fragmented objects really did my head in. Otherwise it's a beautiful looking game with a nice storyline.

Go to: