Mortar angle and speed?

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Sep 9, 16 7:34 PM
Has anyone figured out the Mortar angle and speed? I just keep causing random explosions. Nate would love this!

Thanks!

teisfortiger
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Re: Mortar angle and speed?

[Post New]by teisfortiger on Sep 9, 16 11:25 PM
Not so random, Angle determines where in relation to you the mortar will land, and the speed will determine how far away from you it will land. Try an angle at lowest speed to see in which direction it will land, and if there's a mound in that general direction, increase speed until you hit it. For example, 5 degrees at 72(or maybe it's 78 degrees, it's been a few days) will nail a mound that's nearly a straight line to your right.

Come to think of it, those angles were kinda weird. Took me a while to figure them out.

Edited on 09/09/2016 at 11:30:12 PM PST

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Sep 10, 16 6:48 AM
I tried those angles, and did not see anything except the black spot. What am I trying to hit?

Thanks!

teisfortiger
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by teisfortiger on Sep 10, 16 5:38 PM
There's a trail that starts aprox. at the top left(leftish) of the game screen, that then goes right and then down a ways, and then back toward the left just a bit(about 3/4 of the way down the map) and then goes into a mouth cave(which is the entrance to the SBA). At the beginning of the trail, and all the way to the cave entrance, there are several mounds of snow. You need to use the mortar to blow up those mounds. Once they are all gone, you can enter the SBA. If you can't see any snow pile to blow up right now, it means you must have blown them all up when you were trying to figure out the mortar launcher, without realizing you were doing so.

Edited on 09/10/2016 at 5:39:40 PM PST

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Sep 11, 16 6:27 AM
teisfortiger wrote:There's a trail that starts aprox. at the top left(leftish) of the game screen, that then goes right and then down a ways, and then back toward the left just a bit(about 3/4 of the way down the map) and then goes into a mouth cave(which is the entrance to the SBA). At the beginning of the trail, and all the way to the cave entrance, there are several mounds of snow. You need to use the mortar to blow up those mounds. Once they are all gone, you can enter the SBA. If you can't see any snow pile to blow up right now, it means you must have blown them all up when you were trying to figure out the mortar launcher, without realizing you were doing so.

Thanks so much! Really helps to know what I am trying to do!

Go to: