marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

Gifts from Elvira

[Post New]by marliza on Sep 10, 16 5:23 AM
Wow!
This morning I opened my game and I had 89 gifts from Elvira - but I still have the same number of neighbors!!!

Anyone else ever have this happen?????

I will say that I ran a virus scan on my machine last night. Maybe that has something to do with it???

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

Re:Gifts from Elvira

[Post New]by afspam on Sep 10, 16 5:58 AM
B1560 has left my hood

juleslorraine
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by juleslorraine on Sep 10, 16 6:02 AM
I had two from Elvira but know who it is, had planned to removed today anyway.

If all were there for you, might be a glitch. I have had that happen during the first couple of months that I was playing but never happened again.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Sep 10, 16 6:05 AM
Mine too. She started emptying her backpack last week. She said she wasn't leaving.I guess she didn't want anyone to know. I have passed a lot of her gifts on to my lower level players. She will be missed.

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Sep 10, 16 7:17 AM
She posted in upcoming absences that she was leaving and requested no one send gifts. She will definitely be missed.

Zirz
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Zirz on Sep 10, 16 7:28 AM
Thanks for letting me know, I was trying to figure out where all the gifts came from. She was only a neighbor of mine for a few months, always gifted and helped out in expeditions. Hope she's okay. Wish her all the best.

janawie
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by janawie on Sep 10, 16 1:15 PM
Yes, B1560 is no longer my neighbor.
Maybe you read this: A big thanks for beeing a little time my neighbor. I wish you all the best for RL!
If you'll come back, give me a sign!
Greeting! Jana

[Post New]by MeggieC on Sep 10, 16 1:26 PM
Ditto - I panicked and immediately started searching forum last night to make sure it wasn't just me and I hadn't screwed up and lost her. Try to be on top of my gifting, but been under the weather. Funny how jarring it is to see all the Elvira's even when you now the reason.

ETA: Meant to also say Thank you if she happens to see this. Your early advice when I first started was sincerely appreciated. Your generosity was overwhelming (in the best way). You were one of my benchmarks to be a player like you. All the best and if you ever return, look forward to playing with you again some day.

Edited on 09/10/2016 at 1:29:22 PM PST

JeffSteer
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by JeffSteer on Sep 10, 16 3:51 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong... Hubby & i also received a lot of gifts from B1560 a few days ago. (we will really miss her!). Anyhow, when we received the gifts from her it did not say Elvira but B1560 so we knew it was from her. But yesterday we received a lot of gifts from Elvira so our understanding is that when you receive from Elvira the gifts belonged to a neighbour who didn't allocate their inventory to his or her neighbours & after leaving, ROM will have them for a period of time...such as 3 months & after that time (& the person hasn't returned) then ROM will distribute them evenly to all the absent person's neighbours. We tried to think of neighbours who have left the game approx. 3 months ago & the person we thought it might have been was Draperlady... Did any of you have Draperlady as a neighbour? Mind you 3 months ago it could have been anyone of our neighbours. Whoever it was they will be missed as our neighbours are the best

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Sep 10, 16 5:27 PM
No, the game doesn't distribute anyone's backpack items.

When someone empties their backpack, they come to the recipients as normal gifts, with the name of the giver. However, as soon as that person removes the recipient from their neighbourhood, the gifts remain in the gift box, but the name changes to Elvira.

It takes a while for people to empty their backpack, so I guess you found the first lot of gifts when B1560 was halfway through gifting you.

And yes, DraperLady was a valued neighbour of mine, and is definitely missed.

Edited on 09/10/2016 at 5:28:17 PM PST

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Sep 10, 16 7:43 PM
Thanks, Librarian, I was going to write the same thing hoping to clear up confusion. B1560 has been my neighbor almost since I began to play and I'll really miss her but wish her well.

JeffSteer
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by JeffSteer on Sep 10, 16 10:56 PM
Thanks so much to everyone for clearing that up!! It makes a lot more sense now. Cheers

Edited on 09/11/2016 at 4:18:00 AM PST

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Sep 11, 16 6:47 AM
I just want to pop in and say that Draperlady was not a neighbor of mine. So the gifts most definitely came from "B". I will miss her, too. She was a great neighbor.

Ginjeet
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Ginjeet on Sep 12, 16 10:52 AM
I had 2 people when I went thru and figured out who it was and one was B1560 and the other one was frances_lawrence. So if any of you have fran then some of those Elvira gifts would be from her as well. They both will be missed as they were good neighbors.....why oh why can't it be the ones who were long time sleepers or the ones who take your gifts but don't give you any even tho you gift them???

I will also be gone from the 9/15 thru 9/21. I will be camping and have no internet or signal of any kind so can't even get on with my iPad to leave daily gifts. I will be back and sorry to not be able to send daily gifts to you. I will also post this in upcoming absences

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Sep 12, 16 11:29 AM
Ginjeet wrote:I will also be gone from the 9/15 thru 9/21. I will be camping and have no internet or signal of any kind so can't even get on with my iPad to leave daily gifts.

Watch out for the Man-Eater Ogre. Just saw his picture on the "More Events" screen.

karenf
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by karenf on Sep 12, 16 2:21 PM
To Ginjeet,

Frances Lawrence named was changed to Monsun4. She had a problem with her laptop and when it was fixed her name had changed. She did not leave the game, she should still be in your hood.

juleslorraine
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by juleslorraine on Sep 13, 16 2:15 AM
marliza wrote:I just want to pop in and say that Draperlady was not a neighbor of mine. So the gifts most definitely came from "B". I will miss her, too. She was a great neighbor.

I'm the reverse from you...didn't have B150 but miss DraperLady terribly. She was an awesome neighbour. I hope she will return one day.

Ginjeet
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Ginjeet on Sep 13, 16 12:32 PM
Thank you for taking the time to let me know...someone else also let me know. I do have her...didn't know that was her until you kind people let me know

Ginjeet
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Ginjeet on Sep 13, 16 12:34 PM
@ Vulcaness

Thanks for the heads up...if I see him in the woods I'll know how to take care of him

Go to: