begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

Pet Food Not Dropping?

[Post New]by begwood1 on Sep 10, 16 4:08 PM
Is anyone else not getting pet food from their HOS? I just did a round of 32 ccenes and got, weirdly, one single pet food. I would find it easier to understand if it wasn't dropping at all.

Is it just a bad round for me, or is this a glitch?

dlsed
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

Re:Pet Food Not Dropping?

[Post New]by dlsed on Sep 10, 16 4:14 PM
My thought is it's a bad round

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Sep 10, 16 4:33 PM
It is yet another game of MC chance.
Sometimes it is food delivered for every other HOS, others only 1:30 HOS
IMHO

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Sep 10, 16 4:59 PM
Me thinks that because we can now get ZZ items and even crafted items when required by the character quests just by feeding pets, the devs had to reduce the drop rate of food as it would make the game too easy to play hence not very profitable for them. What do you think?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 10, 16 5:05 PM
I rarely let my pets do the work for me... it's hard enough to get the zoomer achievement without the pets "help" (which I still need close to 300 for that final achievement in my main game and thousands in my feeder games)... as for letting pets give me items, well, they don't give me that airship item I would have gotten in the HO... I don't know... guess I'm old-fashioned... doing the HO's for items needed by character quests, will give the item, the coins, the airship, and maybe a stamp, pet food, or gift box... my pets don't give me gift boxes, either... I see it as a SHORT term quick fix that doesn't help me in the long run... but, that's just me...

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Sep 10, 16 5:27 PM
I don't like to get quest items in the chest either -- not because I think it's lazy or the easy way out, but because I need money to advance way more than I need quest items! No way i'm giving up a slot in that chest for a HOS item. But I do count on feeding pets to help earn money.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 10, 16 5:37 PM
begwood1 wrote:I don't like to get quest items in the chest either -- not because I think it's lazy or the easy way out, but because I need money to advance way more than I need quest items! No way i'm giving up a slot in that chest for a HOS item. But I do count on feeding pets to help earn money.

howdy...... personally, I think the stamps, pet food, and gift boxes run in cycles and all are dependent on the amount of HO's you do... There seems to be a percentage drop rate of gift boxes, my guess is, there is one for stamps and pet food as well (stamps and food being impossible to calculate as they can be received from places other than HO's... but, if it like the gift boxes, it's less than 3% of the time)..... IF it's dependent on a percentage drop rate, the only solution is more HOs...

Edited on 09/10/2016 at 5:38:04 PM PST

[Post New]by LenoreCrowley on Sep 11, 16 4:50 AM
I absolutely noticed this! I used to sell (omg I know!) pet food for coins because I had so much (and only 2 pets but still), I just now finished my zoom cycle and only got 2 Rare that I don't even use.

dreamfantasy
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Pet Food Not Dropping?

[Post New]by dreamfantasy on Sep 12, 16 7:49 AM
begwood1 wrote:Is anyone else not getting pet food from their HOS? I just did a round of 32 ccenes and got, weirdly, one single pet food. I would find it easier to understand if it wasn't dropping at all.

Is it just a bad round for me, or is this a glitch?

I have the same problem today - did a round through my castle - 79 HOS - but only 1 rare pet food was droping down and no stamps, gifting boxes - ther is no rotation, 1 gift was canceled - sow I see this.
Yesterday in the evening I had something like an update - but nothing changes - I not was playing after this, only gifting the last raund.
But today I saw, what had changed - each HOS me only drops 3 items, not like all time before 4 - money, airship item and item/15 coins/shards - before I too brcame in 75% pet food, ret stamps and gifting boxes, a few diamonds
Before all the HOS was garant for pet food - if you was out, play some HOS - but now???
I think, in a longer sight too it not real helpes to put pet food in your wish list - if all have the same problem, who still can gift this???

Why such a good working componet was changed? Please give us bag the droping pet food.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Pet Food Not Dropping?

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Sep 12, 16 7:55 AM
dreamfantasy wrote:

Why such a good working componet was changed? Please give us bag the droping pet food.

Why indeed......the game worked perfectly fine before the dreaded January update that took away our items from HOS completion.....

IF they had not taken away the items, there would be no need to put them in pet chests or on the Dice Table.

It is an HOS item for crying out loud!!!!! ---- They come from HOSs!!!! Not from pet chests and other ridiculous places.

The Dice Table worked just fine the way it originally was......fun it was to open it and see some delicious item offered by the Troll or Dragon.....even an egg sometimes......and for some players an Exclusive Pet....... no fun with just coins...no surprises, nothing special....no incentive to even play dice on a normal day.

Go to: