Why are all the new TM games Collectors Editions?

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Sep 13, 16 3:44 AM
As per the title. There are precious few TM games as it is, the quality isn't great, any way, and all they seem to be now is CE, so cost twice as much.

I would like your feedback onto how you deem this is appropriate and fair, and why this is the case. Paying or using twice as many tokens for a few extra levels, when there is no option for a non-CE game, isn't a choice. It is the only option if you want a game.

I have been a member since 2008 and feel that I deserves an answer, instead of you constantly ignoring me. I am only putting this on the open forum as you have completely ignored my numerous help enquires and emails in this matter in the past on this, and other matters regarding lack of decent TM games. I feel I have to write this, as I have no option, due to your lack of a reply.

But to be honest with you, I am expecting you to ignore this as well. Or delete it, siting that I have violated a T&C, and hide behind that, when, as a long-standing paying member, I deserve more respect.

If you ignore this, don't respond in a positive manner, and/or delete it, I will take that as an obvious answer on your part of the respect you have for your long-standing members, and your deteriorating customer services. Should this happen, I will be cancelling my membership, which after eight years, is a decision I haven't taken lightly.

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Why are all the new TM games Collectors Editions?

[Post New]by palegoldfish on Sep 13, 16 3:52 AM
I agree with you completely ElizabethR1533.
All of the games coming out now are CE's regardless of their genre. We as members have a choice of buying or not. But considering the fact we are paying for our membership every month and still having to pay extra for a game really upsets me. Very good games used be offered for $6.99 for members before all these CE's came out. It's just a way to get extra money out of us and I'm tired of it!

Edited on 09/13/2016 at 4:28:29 AM PST

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Sep 13, 16 4:29 AM
i like the game but not worth 2 gamecredits i just wait till its se

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Why are all the new TM games Collectors Editions?

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 13, 16 4:41 AM
ElizabethR1533 wrote:As per the title. There are precious few TM games as it is, the quality isn't great, any way, and all they seem to be now is CE, so cost twice as much.

I would like your feedback onto how you deem this is appropriate and fair, and why this is the case. Paying or using twice as many tokens for a few extra levels, when there is no option for a non-CE game, isn't a choice. It is the only option if you want a game.

I have been a member since 2008 and feel that I deserves an answer, instead of you constantly ignoring me. I am only putting this on the open forum as you have completely ignored my numerous help enquires and emails in this matter in the past on this, and other matters regarding lack of decent TM games. I feel I have to write this, as I have no option, due to your lack of a reply.

But to be honest with you, I am expecting you to ignore this as well. Or delete it, siting that I have violated a T&C, and hide behind that, when, as a long-standing paying member, I deserve more respect.

If you ignore this, don't respond in a positive manner, and/or delete it, I will take that as an obvious answer on your part of the respect you have for your long-standing members, and your deteriorating customer services. Should this happen, I will be cancelling my membership, which after eight years, is a decision I haven't taken lightly.

I couldn't agree more. Been a member since 2/09 and am heartily sick of no good SEs. Just CE after CE. I dislike TM games, but appreciate there are those that love them.
BFGs have changed dramatically over the years, and not for the better.
Bored with CEs by same Devs with same theme...
Used to buy them all. Now maybe one a month as they so like 'Groundhog Day'!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 13, 16 6:30 AM
From my recollection, they often release the CE first, then a few weeks down the road they release the SE version. Isn't this pretty much the standard? If you don't want the CE then just wait has been what I've done in the past.

I was fine with getting the collector's edition of this game, I enjoyed it.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 13, 16 6:54 AM
In my opinion there are too many CE's released in a week. What was once a special treat has now become a run-of-the-mill occurrence; do we really want or need 3 CE's a week?? They all seem to be by the same developers too....mostly those whose name begins with an E. And the games are all the same; what happened to quality over quantity? As for waiting for the SE, if you tried the CE and didn't like it, you're not going to buy the SE.

As for the TM games, I almost never buy the CE's as they're just not value for money. I did buy the Pirate Chronicles CE but even that only has 12 extra levels and a very rough SG. The Royal Envoy games were the exception but there hasn't been one for a couple of years and I suspect there won't be any more, which is a great shame. There are so few really good building type TM games around now; I mean the likes of Northern Tale, Island Tribe, Roads Of Rome, Rescue Team etc. I'm not a fan of the Delicious series so I won't like this new TM.

I've been to the website of the main developer of these games; there just isn't anything new being made and what is released is put out as a CE to make more money, whether it's worth the cost or not. I've been a member since 2007 and have seen the gradual demise of the TM, one of my favourite genres. Sadly games are now developed to suit phones and tablets; the PC user has become as prehistoric as the TM games. Very sad.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Sep 13, 16 7:26 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:From my recollection, they often release the CE first, then a few weeks down the road they release the SE version. Isn't this pretty much the standard? If you don't want the CE then just wait has been what I've done in the past.

I was fine with getting the collector's edition of this game, I enjoyed it.

The problem is that some of these don't seem to have an SE version - the last one, Cathy's Crafts, doesn't appear to have an SE version as far as I can find online. It's been out on other sites for a while, so I'd think the SE version would already be out as well. This game has also been out for a while on other sites. What I'd like is an explanation of what makes it a CE and whether there will ever be an SE version. Since I don't care for the Delicious series, I won't buy the Cathy's Crafts one as a CE and probably not this one either (although I did like the first Heart's Medicine game, this one seems a little more frantic and I don't enjoy that).

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 13, 16 7:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

It is understandable the concern that players may have regarding the availability of Time Management games and the release of Collector's Edition or standard version. The release plan of games on our site is one that is made outside of the Moderation Team and Customer Support. We apologize for this confusion. The moderators do have the tools to pass along feedback that is presented in the forums for the appropriate teams to review. ChestnutHeights is right in that the Collector's Edition of games are generally released before the standard version has been made available. While not every game is released on both versions, the Big Fish Games team will continue to work with the developer to try and bring both versions to players. Please keep in mind that many factors contribute to the release of these games on either the CE or sv version.

The price for Collector's Edition is one that is also made outside of the capacity of the Moderation Team. Players indeed receive a discount for participating on the Big Fish Game Club. Game Club credits can also be redeemed for Collector's Editions. For more information on Collector's Editions and redeem Game Club credits, please see the following help articles:

Collector's Editions
Big Fish Game Club

ElizabethR1533, I'm sorry to hear that a response hasn't been received regarding this question. I was able to reach out to our support team and they were unable to locate an email regarding this subject that is associated with the email on your forums account. As stated earlier, the support team has no control over the release of our games. They do have the tools to ensure that your inquiry gets reviewed by the appropriate teams.

Since this thread isn't specific to Heart's Medicine: Time to Heal Collector's Edition, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. We are always happy to help in any way that we can. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: