bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Alice in Wonderland technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 19, 10 2:05 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

tatana
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Alice in Wonderland technical issues here only

[Post New]by tatana on Mar 19, 10 5:51 AM
I am in chapter 6. I have gathered all Crockery but i can't do anything else. I can't give it to the man. The hint tells me to go inside the door were the caterpillar is, and i search. When i hit the hint button again it tells me to go back. Am i doing something wrong?

MistyDale
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by MistyDale on Mar 19, 10 6:01 AM
Hello Tatana,

Has the crockery combined into one set? If so, you should be able to use it on the Mad Hatter to progress. If it still is separated then there is at least one more item you have to find.

Hope this helps.

MistyDale
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by MistyDale on Mar 19, 10 6:43 AM
Several people have made comments about not being able to get past the front door. I ran into the same issue. Updating your graphic drivers and possibly DirectX should take care of this. It did for the machine I have. It still runs slow but I have been able to get through a good chunk of the game now with no issues.

[Post New]by 791950 on Mar 19, 10 7:10 AM
I am stuck on the scene where you find the net items, can't find one item, and the hint takes me to the box at the top of the stairs, but there is nothing there. Can you please help me? I found the net, long pole, what looks like a harness but can't find the last item.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Mar 19, 10 7:21 AM
Hi
I'm not sure this is a big problem but I thought I would mention it. When it loaded, It went to the left side of my screen and it wouldn't center itself. Some of the scenes were not completely visible especially around the edges. Like I couldn't read all the instructions. I am running a Sony Vaio laptop with windows 7 , aero card turned off. My compatability assistant questioned whether the program loaded correctly also.

littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by littletanpom on Mar 19, 10 7:27 AM
1. Options says game running "full screen" - running windows mode. Can NOT change the "full screen" in options.
2. The wording is NOT in the area that it is suppose to be. When character is talking the wording is below the "white" area where text should be.
3. Wanted to quit game - could NOT get main menu to come up - had to do a hard quit to get out of game.
4. Like many others - the lightening light to have drove me nuts! Developers don't do this again!
5. I am really good at spot the differances, but the first one was terrible.
6. Game has lots of potential if technical problems addressed.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Mar 19, 10 7:31 AM
Won't load tabs for cellar to look for crowbar and lantern. Won't let me pick up either. Hope they fix it but my demo's almost up. Have latest drivers and direct x.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Mar 19, 10 7:48 AM
People who have no problems with the game keep mentioning some guiding footprints. I see no footprints and thus can't even get the task screen in the cellar where it supposedly says to collect the crowbar, etc.
I have XP SP3, P4 1700, DX9c (latest), 512 rambus (yeah, I know), & a very old nVidea gForce2 MX/MX 400 (yeah, I know). But I gotta say about 99.9% of Big Fish games are playable on my old PC. What is it with this game that makes it unplayable? Could it happen to be certain video particle effects or shaders that can't execute on older cards?

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 7:49:22 AM PST

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Mar 19, 10 7:56 AM
791950 wrote:I am stuck on the scene where you find the net items, can't find one item, and the hint takes me to the box at the top of the stairs, but there is nothing there. Can you please help me? I found the net, long pole, what looks like a harness but can't find the last item.

Hi 791950,

Spoiler Alert!!

Click inside the top left drawer for the item you need.You will see a different colored bar to the right of the drawer. Hope this helps.

Good Luck

Margie B

[Post New]by 791950 on Mar 19, 10 8:12 AM
thank you margie: am loving the game!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Mar 19, 10 8:13 AM
791950 wrote:thank you margie: am loving the game!

Glad to hear it, I enjoyed it too, I thought it was a pleasant game, not too taxing on the old brain cells

Margie B

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Mar 19, 10 8:43 AM
what am I doing wrong the crowbar wont open the boards and already lit the cellar. please help thank you

[Post New]by litllulu on Mar 19, 10 8:43 AM
I downloaded this game and when I could not get past the front door, i uninstalled and reinstalled and lost all the free time so i purchased the game. I still can not get past the front door and have all new updaes on grafics and active x. Now what?

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Mar 19, 10 9:16 AM
I had 2 change name in profile as it had me a s rachael. then I was able 2 get in hole in cellar. hope this helps if that is the problem.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Mar 19, 10 9:43 AM
I'm at the beginning... it tells me I have to find the cellar door key. I know where it is but when I click on it... it takes me upstairs.... where it tells me to find the door key....
The door key is right in the spot that takes you up the stairs. Please help, getting dizzy going up and down these stairs.

I was signed on a Rachel too, but I change it right away. Yet at the beginning it greeted me as Rachel.

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 9:44:00 AM PST

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Mar 19, 10 9:47 AM
had to delete rachael name I did that and put in new name.

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Mar 19, 10 9:52 AM
I'm in the Junkyard, and need the last Robot part, trouble is, the Hint says it's at the vey bottom of the page and the footsteps are there so I cannot click there and not go back to where the Junklord is. Have no idea what to do now.

[Post New]by pretty_megan on Mar 19, 10 10:35 AM
I can't trigger the oil lamp/crowbar task, I click all over on the darkened cellar screen and nothing happens. I've tried the hint button and it just circles the floorboards. Nothing I do seems to help. I'm very disappointed. I was really looking forward to this game, and was planning on buying it but I won't now since I can't even get past the first scene. I've tried re-naming my profile, deleting it, restarting and renaming, uninstalling and re-installing...everything, and it won't work. I'm sad!!!

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Mar 19, 10 10:48 AM
pretty_megan wrote:I can't trigger the oil lamp/crowbar task, I click all over on the darkened cellar screen and nothing happens. I've tried the hint button and it just circles the floorboards. Nothing I do seems to help. I'm very disappointed. I was really looking forward to this game, and was planning on buying it but I won't now since I can't even get past the first scene. I've tried re-naming my profile, deleting it, restarting and renaming, uninstalling and re-installing...everything, and it won't work. I'm sad!!!

Me too. And I was going to buy.

Go to: