bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

PuppetShow: Her Cruel Collection Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 15, 16 12:29 AM
ERS Games Studios proudly presents the newest addition to the Puppet Show series!

You’ve been called in to investigate the disappearance of a young woman’s fiancé. What starts as a simple investigation quickly takes a dark turn as you’re thrown into a world of puppets and mystery. In a world where no one is who they seem to be, can you uncover who’s behind the string of mysterious kidnappings? Find out in this gripping hidden-object puzzle adventure!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:PuppetShow: Her Cruel Collection Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 15, 16 2:34 AM
I have always loved the ERS graphics and colours, and the way their characters look and act, and own all the "PuppetShow" games. I love them all, especially the latest ones. Therefore I bought this game without first playing the demo.

This is another nice addition to the series. However, I am not exactly thrown off my chair with excitement, as I was with the last few games in the series, but still enjoy playing this game.

Right at the start you will be getting a warning about some violence and disturbing scenes.

There are Collectables, but no morphing objects. At the top left-hand side of the screen is a tab for the Collectables, and at the top right-hand side is a tap for your Achievements.

We will be getting a helper. (I happen to like helpers, as long they don't move about all the time, which doesn't happen in this game).

I enjoyed playing the HOS I have come across so far, and both those and puzzles are few - for now anyway.

Edited on 09/15/2016 at 3:44:31 AM PST

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Sep 15, 16 4:40 AM
I too have always loved the Puppet Show games but I have to say that I think it is really time for ERS to put the puppets to bed and rest on their laurels. A great concept ,very well done, but ,in my opinion in danger of a dose of " over-kill "
This is just my opinion and if you still enjoy Puppet show then Happy Gaming!!

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Sep 15, 16 5:23 AM
I previewed a PuppetShow game entitled PuppetShow: Bloody Mary. I really liked it. However now the game has a new name and is nothing like the one I previewed. I am confused. Are there two games or what?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 15, 16 5:50 AM
Mary, it happens quite often that the working title changes to another one when the game is finished and comes out. Happens quite frequently.

[Post New]by happyasaclam2 on Sep 15, 16 6:19 AM
mary you are not the oly none i was confused as well thank you valdy for the info maybe the other one will still come out we hope fins crossed have a great day cant belive its almost falll well off to play you made my day bf&ers yahoo very happyasaclam2

amazemen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amazemen on Sep 15, 16 7:17 AM
I am new to buying games from this company. DId not know that there were a series of games. I did not like the sample game and agree that it seems rather old fashioned. I regret getting a membership now. I find the games are very low quality.

Edited on 09/15/2016 at 7:22:12 AM PST

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Sep 15, 16 7:55 AM
No, Bloody Rosie is a beta for another game. Sometimes there are more than one game in the "test phase".

Got the Cruel Collection too - without demoing. Not regretting it, though not all games of the series are my taste. This horror-lite adventure is quite good, though in my eyes we didn't need the robot-cat. Not so much a helperfan.

WaltzingFish
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by WaltzingFish on Sep 15, 16 8:04 AM
MaryEl, the beta of Puppet Show: Bloody Rosie was sent out in August. This will be the tenth installment in the series.
Her Cruel Collection is number nine.

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Sep 15, 16 8:10 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I am so glad that the one I beta tested will, in time, be released. I liked it much better than the current #9 game. Thanks again.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 15, 16 8:54 AM
It's nice to see you here Valdy.

Add me to the list of Puppet Show fans. I think the last few Puppet Shows have been better than this one but this one is still good and I don't think I'm ready to see them put to bed just yet. If nothing else they are something different and a nice change from the other games we get that IMO have become too much of the same.

Edited on 09/15/2016 at 10:16:04 AM PST

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Sep 15, 16 8:37 PM
I played the entire demo and liked it a lot. As a stand-alone game, it was really good. The storyline was interesting, and the graphics were excellent. The helper is not cute for a change, but fits with the style of the game. There is the overdone masked kidnappers, but the mechanical puppets, in my opinion, lend a different element to the storyline. At the beginning of the game there is a warning about violence and gore. I am no fan of gratuitous gore and violence, but I felt that there was not a lot of either that was too extreme.

I loved the first few PuppetShow games, but didn't care for, or buy, the last 3 or 4 editions. In my opinion, there wasn't much beyond the mechanical puppets to connect the last few games to the original storyline. This game is a big improvement over the last 3 or 4 games. Unfortunately, I am not really interested in morphing objects and achievements (especially if an achievement is for skipping a puzzle) anymore, so it will be on my list of SEs to buy.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 16, 16 1:51 AM
I have finished the main game now, and although it was a good enough game, it wasn't half as fun and exciting to play as the last 2 or 3 games in the series.

Regarding the helper: I didn't have to use it very often. Most of the time I forgot it was there, because it was just quietly lying in the corner.

I did enjoy the HOS, which weren't cluttered and had nice graphics.

On the whole I found this game a little clunky to play, and sometimes I got the feeling that the game had been rushed in the making, and that there hadn't been time to perfect it in some places.

The ending of the main game allows me to guess what the bonus chapter will be like.

--- --- ---

Edited to add: I have now finished the bonus chapter. It was OK and thankfully not too long.

At the very end of the bonus chapter, you are given a choice as to what to do. I don't know whether the outcome would have been differently if I had chosen the other option. Hmmm...

Edited on 09/16/2016 at 2:53:05 AM PST

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Sep 16, 16 7:14 AM
I love puppet show games. I love all ERS games. keep up the great work ERS.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 16 1:52 AM
Forgot to add: for those gamers who don't like spiders and snakes, there are quite a lot of those in this game.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Sep 17, 16 2:33 PM
Yes, ERS does like to throw in the 'You Make The Choice' ending in it's games, doesn't it?

Thanks for the review & warning Valdy; being an Aussie I'm not bothered by snakes & spiders in games but I know some people are.

I think I'll put this game in my BOGO folder

Kam

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Sep 23, 16 10:23 PM
Valdy wrote:

At the very end of the bonus chapter, you are given a choice as to what to do. I don't know whether the outcome would have been differently if I had chosen the other option. Hmmm...

I'm guessing it would've been the same outcome, since the outcome didn't seem to match my choice.

Go to: