Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: Her Cruel Collection Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 15, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/15/2016 at 5:20:31 AM PST

cinb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: Her Cruel Collection Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by cinb on Sep 15, 16 3:56 AM
Keep getting a message stating that program is terminating due to, and then a bunch of zeroes, not the first time for a game and I love the puppet series.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: Her Cruel Collection Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Seeka55 on Sep 15, 16 4:07 AM
Having exactly the same problem. Followed all directions to play game as "Administrator" etc, uninstalled and reinstalled game and still the game won't even open, just a message "Error: Access violation 0000000000" blah blah.

Have got nearly every Puppet Show in collection and wanted to add this one. Won't be doing that if the game won't even play!!!

Rainmanuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Rainmanuk on Sep 15, 16 4:16 AM
Access violation on start up.
Windows 10, everything else works.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 15, 16 5:21 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Access Violation

Windows 10

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

BoloMyDog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by BoloMyDog on Sep 15, 16 7:22 AM
keep getting access violation 0x02fbod50---what does this mean????????

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 15, 16 11:31 AM
Hi BoloMyDog,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an Access Violation error message when trying to play this game. This error message is a non specific message that may occur when installing, loading, or playing a game. Please refer to the following help article for troubleshooting steps that are specific to this error message:

Access Violation

If you find that you are still having issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to provide troubleshooting steps specific to your computer's configurations.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

Yet another ERS game that won't work on Windows 10!!!!!!

[Post New]by clovis77 on Sep 15, 16 11:38 AM
I've given up now! ERS have lost a customer in me as none of their games work on Windows 10! I have tried all the suggestions many times, I have contacted tech support many times & I have installed/uninstalled many times but no more! All I ever get back is a free credit with a limited time to use it. I DON'T want that!!! All I want is for them to figure out why their games don't work on windows 10, is that too much to ask?

Kacey5
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Kacey5 on Sep 15, 16 11:44 AM
Same problem as others have described. Tried all the usual steps as suggested. Still won't start due to access violation. Running Windows 10 (upgraded from win 7). I agree with clovis77. I'm done with ERS.

[Post New]by metals01 on Sep 15, 16 5:57 PM
Same as clovis77. Access Violation blah, blah, blah. Have done everything Big Fish recommended and uninstalled/installed again and again. Sent a Dr. Felix report etc. Just received a voucher for a free game. I have purchased 2 other ERS games since I upgraded to Windows10 and I can not play either one. I decided to go to the ERS game website and about a week ago I emailed their support to see if there was a "fix". I have heard nothing from them so I can only assume they don't care either. I have no problem downloading or playing games from other developers. So what's up with ERS?

[Post New]by celiothecat on Sep 16, 16 2:50 AM
the same problem here i can not start the game either!!!!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 16, 16 3:34 AM
ERS are historically slow to catch up with the latest innovations in computer software. When widescreen monitors were becoming more popular, it took ERS more than a year to programme their games to 16:9 resolution from the original 4:3. They were aware of the issue but it took a long time for them to catch up due to their schedule.

It's also worth bearing in mind that many of these games were in production before Win10 was released and probably too far on to have any changes to the base programming made. They will catch up eventually but it may take a while!

[Post New]by judygoodfellow on Sep 16, 16 7:15 AM
I've also had trouble with ERS games when I upgraded to windows 10 - pity because they include my favourite games. I had other problems with windows 10 so took my laptop in and had windows 10 removed and 7 put back - but i still can't use the new ERS - they load but everything is dead slow - only part of the picture appears and the cursor is almost non responsive. Other games are fine.

sewandsew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by sewandsew on Sep 16, 16 11:23 AM
As soon as I put the fire out my mouse went wonky and jerky and I was only able to get to the menu button after much fiddling around. Running Win7 64 bit, tried Win10 and didn't like it so went back. So there are problems with other Window versions too.

[Post New]by robindrake29 on Sep 16, 16 1:18 PM
Running on a nice old Windows XP machine. Never previously had problems with ERS games, but this one is larger than the size of my screen and won't run in windowed mode. Graphics are too wide, and the menu is cut off at right and bottom. Had to use Task Manager to get out of the demo.

sammybean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sammybean on Sep 16, 16 3:32 PM
I too am having the same problem with the violation access. I could not play the last one that came out either. Windows 10.
Been through all the hoops, with what the administrators suggest but not one thing has worked so far. Very disappointed. It is one of the best series.

[Post New]by hazelwize16 on Sep 16, 16 5:17 PM
not a great fan of the puppet games, they creep me out ... but this looked ok ... downloaded the trial and the game plays fine IF I TURN OFF FULL SCREEN! ... when it is on full screen i cannot access ANY of the navigational tools at the bottom ... no hint, no menu, no map ... it's a bit disheartening ... i cannot purchase it this way ... cannot get IMMERSED in the game ... too bad ... i am running windows 10, and have no other difficulties except that ... too bad ...

[Post New]by jkl640 on Sep 16, 16 9:33 PM
I cannot get the paint brush to work on the mask half. I dip it into the bottle, take it
out and try and use it on the mask and nothing happens. I've gone thru the game
twice and when I get to this point nothing will make the paint brush work.

Please tell me what to do-----thanks

TAZZ1965
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by TAZZ1965 on Sep 16, 16 11:05 PM
I'm having same problems as everyone else with error access code. Have windows 10. Don't understand why programmers can't fix this problem. It is happening way to much. Really starting to get fed up!!!! You would think they would want to keep members a lot happier. They are going to lose business if it continues. Just my opinion

4194dave
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 4194dave on Sep 17, 16 5:12 PM
Using Windows 10. Downloaded game twice now and still cannot get the game to start. Get error code access violation game terminated. Please fix asap. Thanks

Go to: