JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

The Cellar - no task to be found

[Post New]by JessF on Mar 19, 10 6:16 AM
While I found the fuzzy graphics on the 'find the difference' game I was enjoying this till I got to the cellar.

No matter where I click, I get no response. I've tried hints, read the walkthrough and clicked just about everywhere. Others are having this problem so I thought I'd start a thread in hopes BFG will read it.

I'd contact CS but a) it is the weekend and b) I'll be told it's my system and I need to upgrade.
My choice when faced with issues like this is just not to buy unless it gets fixed.

A shame - I would have bought this.

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

Re:The Cellar - no task to be found

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Mar 19, 10 6:30 AM
Have you found the lamp to light the cellar? If you did the only thing left is to pry up the floor.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Mar 19, 10 6:43 AM
I'm having the same problem. No task to be found.

[Post New]by tweetylover6497 on Mar 19, 10 6:54 AM
where is the lamp for the cellar, and the crowbar?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Mar 19, 10 7:01 AM
Same here, no task listed other than to find the voice.

Edit -
Went back, saw a crowbar on bottom of steps, couldn't pick it up. Don't see a lamp.

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 7:06:57 AM PST

MistyDale
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by MistyDale on Mar 19, 10 7:05 AM
I didn't have an issue with the cellar. Here is what I ended up doing though. Once I was in the cellar I clicked on the glowing area. It said I needed the lantern and added a tab at the bottom with the four parts I needed for the lantern. They aren't in the cellar though. They are in the main room. The tab shows items in red if they aren't in that room and in purple if they are. Once I found all parts the lantern was added to my inventory. I went back into the cellar and used it on the glowing area and it lit the cellar. After that I clicked on the glowing area again (this was the confusing part) and it said the girl was under the floor boards and I need to find something to lift them. I went and grabbed the crowbar and then used it on the glowing area in the cellar and it opened the well.

Hope this helps. I had tasks listed the whole time though, so if those aren't showing up it might be some technical issue. I'm not sure. I had an issue with the key working on the front door and when I updated my graphics drivers and installed the newest version of DirectX it fixed the problem and I haven't had any other issues.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Mar 19, 10 7:08 AM
Mine did't say anything, no tabs. Wher is the lamp?

Found the lantern, wouldn't let me pick it up. Still no tabs. Will delete and try again. Only 30 min. left on demo, then bye, bye for me. Too bad, so sad.

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 7:14:03 AM PST

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Mar 19, 10 8:34 AM
Yep..no task listed in cellar. Used a clue that highlighted cellar boards but thats it.
I can see all the items in the main room...crowbar etc., but cannot pick them up. aarrrgh!!!!

[Post New]by moni1645 on Mar 19, 10 8:44 AM
Same problem here also. Clicked all around the glowing area to try to trigger a new task but got nothing. Even used a hint and clicked in the same area and got nothing. What a shame, it had a lot of potential to be a fun game. I will NOT be purchasing thid one.

smartsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by smartsue on Mar 19, 10 10:36 AM
I,too am having the same problem. Nothing happens when I click on the top of the screen in the cellar for a task. I'm trying the demo, but don't think I'll buy.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Mar 19, 10 10:46 AM
I've clicked all over the glowing area - I do not get a the task to look for the lamp. Doesn't matter that I know I need one - the game has to tell me to get one.
Seems to be a problem with a number of fish.

I have an older PC and run under XP. Usually when I have a problem with a game it just won't load or run at all. Maybe I'll try deleting and reloading and try another player name. I really wanted to play this, although it looks to be on the short side.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 19, 10 11:11 AM
Hi fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that the task won't trigger when you click on the glowing area in the cellar. When you first enter the cellar you should be able to click on the floor boards and it will say "It's too dark to see in here. I need to find my lamp."

If this isn't happening, you may need to update your video card drivers, Direct X or Flash Player. You can do that by checking this help article. Unable to Play Downloadable Game

If you have done the updates and are still unable to get the message, please contact our Customer Support team. They will gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem. If you would like to continue to assist us with this issue, we ask that you please send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support.

Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.

2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.

3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.

4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the ‘Next’ button.

5. A .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.

6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

Thanks fishies,

bfgTigris

[Post New]by TerriA92021 on Mar 19, 10 6:41 PM
I have the same problem with the cellar. Can't figure all these people need to update their computers. I think it is a glitch in the game. Won't purchase it until it is fixed. Too bad, seemed like a decent game.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Mar 19, 10 6:50 PM
TerriA92021 wrote:I have the same problem with the cellar. Can't figure all these people need to update their computers. I think it is a glitch in the game. Won't purchase it until it is fixed. Too bad, seemed like a decent game.

Exactly! I refuse to jump though hoops when I have Direct X installed and have updated my video drivers within the last month.

There are other games to buy and even other places to buy them & until BFG asks the developer to fix this problem it looks like they have lost quite a few sales on this game.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Mar 19, 10 9:52 PM
I agree. I have updated my drivers, flash player and Direct X. I won't do the dr. Felix thing again beacuse I will just be told to buy a new video card. Well, with the shape of finances right now, a lot of people can't afford to replace their hardware everytime a few new games come out.
Most of the realy interesting games that have come out on BF lately will refuse to run properly on many comps. Now. I've even figured out problems and how to get around them myself. If I can figure it out, I'm sure that the mighty programers can also, if they cared to.
Myself I'm tired of racking up credits because half the games won't play. Or worse yet, buying something that's just ok because I realy want something to play. I can play mediocre games for $10 a month, all I can download. I joined BF because they had superior games, a good selection of games and games I could count on. As of late that hasen't been the case.

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 9:55:51 PM PST

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Mar 20, 10 12:09 AM
Glad that it is not just me having this problem, I was starting to think I was been really stupid.

I kept clicking on the floorboards and nothing was happening, I even noticed the lamp and tried picking that up but nope the computer was not having it.

Seemed a good game as well however I think until there is evidence this is resolved it will be lying in a deep dark cellar of its own.

[Post New]by Buffy48 on Mar 20, 10 8:36 AM
Why is it always the fault of our computers and not the games that BFG offers? This is not the first problem that I have encountered in a game and I am tired of being told the responsibility for the problem lies with me. BFG needs to get their techs working on fixing the problem on their end, not mine.

[Post New]by berlin567 on Mar 20, 10 8:42 AM
cll1950 wrote:Mine did't say anything, no tabs. Wher is the lamp?

Found the lantern, wouldn't let me pick it up. Still no tabs. Will delete and try again. Only 30 min. left on demo, then bye, bye for me. Too bad, so sad.

[Post New]by berlin567 on Mar 20, 10 8:44 AM
i agree

[Post New]by DonCap on Mar 20, 10 10:35 AM
Mee too. No task.... nothing. Thought I might like this game, but looks like I might have to toss it.

Go to: